Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a chance in they waive Samanic. Not a chance in .
    He was two years away when drafted. This is the first year you can expect him to show something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was two years away when drafted. This is the first year you can expect him to show something.
    yup. he already showed flashes defensively last year. and now given his physique I'm hoping he starts to go hard to the basket. if he does that, plays solid defense, and starts to become more consistent from the 3, then we have a player who is still 21.

that's how you build a long term playoff team.

just no way a team like the spurs cuts that.

I may be misplaced but I'm all in on Luka and expect big things from him starting this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have a lot of prospects now. They all have reasons not to "give up on them" yet. Part of rebuilding is accepting you'll let go of guys who will become decent or good NBA players. O expect Sam to make the team, but I don't think his lock-case is very strong, especially if he gets beat out in pre-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams Phoenix among others are interested in Young

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have a lot of prospects now. They all have reasons not to "give up on them" yet. Part of rebuilding is accepting you'll let go of guys who will become decent or good NBA players. O expect Sam to make the team, but I don't think his lock-case is very strong, especially if he gets beat out in pre-season
    Interesting. I don’t see it that way. Or, I don’t see the benefit of letting a one-week performance of, say, Aminu make me think that his broke down body is worth betting on, more so than a player that is young and improving. An injury-ravaged player is inconsistent in production, too. And to what end? Win three more games and get the 10th spot instead of the 11th.

Now, if you said Aminu’s contract was a better asset for a trade for a larger piece then maybe I could see your point. That could, perhaps, be a legitimate reason to cut bait. But I don’t see how it can be both—a short sighted meritocratic training camp decision making process, AND a move to cut a young player for the pursuit of a larger piece. The two approaches seem an hetical. Now, perhaps you aren’t advocating the latter. If so, my bad.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 08-30-2021 at 07:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A number of moves are made right before the season officially starts. Teams that have to make one last roster cut or teams that have only 13-14 players are usually active just waiting for that one last piece to add. Maybe the spurs can patiently wait for such a situation (cuts) .
    But if worse come to worse, the spurs will probably waive Amino and Hutchinson. Sux that they still have to pay them for not playing.
    I'd say the rest of the players have more immediate value than Amino and Hutchinson. Maybe the spurs will surprise us with a minimal trade or surprise cut of someone we all think is better. Only Pop and the front office know for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hutch <- unsuitable
    Eubanks or Landale <- cheap.

They’ll keep the larger ending contracts like Aminu and Thad until the February trade deadline, hoping to get in on some big value trades. They’re not doing the Phoenix deal, because their pick will be garbage, Saric will miss the season with a torn ACL, and Jalen Smith is a big nothingburger who’s contract runs to 2024.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re getting Simmons and that will trim the herd :-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re getting Simmons and that will trim the herd :-)
    wishful thinking. Hope PATFO aren't stupid enough to give out a bunch of talent and picks for a player that's very likely to bolt at the 1st chance they can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hutch <- unsuitable
    Eubanks or Landale <- cheap.

They’ll keep the larger ending contracts like Aminu and Thad until the February trade deadline, hoping to get in on some big value trades. They’re not doing the Phoenix deal, because their pick will be garbage, Saric will miss the season with a torn ACL, and Jalen Smith is a big nothingburger who’s contract runs to 2024.
    This is interesting, you see the compe ion in training camp as between Landale and Eubanks. I hadn’t thought about it like that but it makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams Phoenix among others are interested in Young
    Trade him for a first round pick. Players like Young or Tucker can be seen as that one final piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him for a first round pick. Players like Young or Tucker can be seen as that one final piece.
    Unfortunately, they can’t absorb Thad’s contract, so they’ll have to send back ballast, and supposedly, that’s Saric, who’s lost for the season with an ACL, and Jalen Smith, who putting it mildly, stiffed for a top 10 pick. That also worsens our “too many players on the roster” problem.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand some people being ok with Eubanks leaving unceremoniously.

Personally, I’ve grown to like him as a player. I’m curious to see if his work with Chip paid off.

Part of my issue is that I think he’s perhaps better than Zollins when healthy (other posters who followed Zollins suggested this), and I think he is better than Aminu, who is also hobbled.

So, do people trust Wright to make a big trade involving Aminu work? Sure, it’s possible. But this could also end up in buyouts after the trade deadline, which would be a failure in my opinion.

Obviously, there’s a needed risk in all of this in order to make a bigger move. But hey, I guess I just like Drew on the team.

I can’t really imagine what big trade would be out there. My guess: they hope for Lillard to want out and try to weasel their way to get McCollum while Portland transitions, but I’m totally throwing darts on the wall. I really don’t see any big moves for the Spurs. It would more likely be slight asset improvements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to Aminu, Jock and Eubanks now.

I’m pretty sure Jock is in. If Aminu shows anything during training camp he might be worth holding on to as a reclamation project or salary matching piece in a trade. If no trades are made before the season begins I’m thinking it’s Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been on here much lately. Has anyone been cut? It seems a player is gone but who?

EDIT: Just saw Hutch is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been on here much lately. Has anyone been cut? It seems a player is gone but who?
    Huthison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. No surprise there, I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is assuming KBD was re-signed to a two way.

I think Eubanks can be dumped to Portland when helping facilitate a Lillard trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is assuming KBD was re-signed to a two way.

I think Eubanks can be dumped to Portland when helping facilitate a Lillard trade.
    I don’t think KBD can be signed as a 2way as this is his 4th yr in the league. Either way 2way contracts count towards the 17 roster spots and we have 18 players after Hutchison was waived.

Actually KBD should he added to the Aminu, Jock, Eubanks debate as the final cut if no trades are made.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-06-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Thread Information