Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't he want that record? it's compe ive pro sports everyone wants to be the best at what they do. If you have a shot to be the GOAT head coach you go for it.
    Longevity record does not equal "best".
    At what point in time does the dragging down of the team and the individual goal pursuit stop?

Let's get the objective back to the Timmy Duncan foundation of pursuing winning team games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk: Anybody who was within a hair's width of grabbing a record like that would be gunning for it. You don't run a marathon and then give up after 26.1 miles.

We're not talking about making the best chili in the office....or being the best at playing Mario Bros with your toes....or being the best troll on SpursTalk.

He has a chance to cement his legacy as the BEST REGULAR SEASON COACH OF ALL TIME, on top of already being the best overall coach of all time (regular season+playoffs), 5 championships, 3 COY, and now an Olympic gold.

I know people say Pop doesn't care about accolades and he tries to follow that act, but anybody with any sort of self-respect would feel the same way. You don't give up a chance to be the best at what you do at a high level.

You can call it ego or hubris or whatever...but he has a chance to achieve something that nobody in the NBA has ever accomplished. If you have that chance, you go for it.
    One cannot really believe Pop best NBA coach ever in any regard when Red and Phil existed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn’t we want him to have the record? Makes no sense. Even if you think he’s lost it and is bringing this team down, it still should be something you want. This record is going to stand for a very long time. We are going to be in the lottery anyways this year regardless of the coach. Might as well have something to celebrate this year. Or next year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah as long as he plays the young guys I am fine with him staying I think we land in top 5 of lottery maybe even better if White misses a lot of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame him. I'd want it too if I were that close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty decided to go out on top.
    Bill Russell 3 straight Championships as Player-Coach.
    John Elway B2B Bowls and MVP of 2nd one.

To a lesser extent
    MJ could have retired as a Bull but still put up 20+ with Washington.

For one to continue on to the detriment of the team, nothing meretricious whatsoever.

Thread Information