Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be weird if NYC won't let Irving play by playoff time.
    Favorites on the road but so - so at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the shots he took too were not easy, dude has no confidence issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys help a bettor out here.
    Who in the F is tanking and who is not?

While ago Orlando, OKC and Detroit were solid locks to tank 10/10.
    They sure as h got off that wagon, at least for a while.

Trailblazers solid tanker after dealing what's his name. But then they pulled off a couple solid efforts a week ago.

So what the F is up? I bet against Detroit yesterday at the Heat. While it worked out is was def a sweat as it was tied as late as 4 minutes or so in the 4th.
    What gives?

Craig CIA Pop you know he's gonna do what's best for him not the team. So while Chet Holgrem is a longshot, doubt he will try to improve odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry might be done for the season it sounds like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry might be done for the season it sounds like.
    The irony of Kerr ing about it isn’t lost on anyone

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Detroit isn’t tanking. They probably should be, but they’re not. And they haven’t been tanking all season. They were just that bad first half of the season, also missing a lot of guys due to injury. But they’ve been trying all year long, with few and far between results until just before the all star break.

Jerami Grant returned from a long absence. Cade Cunningham gradually got his bearings as a rookie, and the team began to develop a little chemistry. And Marvin Bagley has actually played well, giving them some size they’ve lacked. They’ve not only been compe ive the last month plus or so, they’ve beaten some of the better teams in the Eastern Conference. Boston ending their long win streak, Cleveland, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta. Close games, but games they deserved to win. The other night, they were playing better than the Heat, winning a close game without Cade Cunningham, and then Spoelstra put Max Strus into the game and he scored 16 points in the fourth quarter. A move that saved the Heat.

They’re not a good bet to lose. I mean, they’ll still lose their share. But they play hard. They’re playing better as a team. And if the opposing team does not play well, Pistons have shown they’ll surprise anyone. I wouldn’t bet on them to lose or assume they are tanking.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    First the back to back 60 point games now Saddiq Bey going off for 51 points. What a week in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba Walker.
    What another silly signing by Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors baby faced 20 year old turns Scottie Barnes turns it over by letting himself get picked at end of reg and at end of OT.
    WTF.

Raptors, down by 4 with 8 seconds left inbound. Pass ball around 3 times, literally running a weave as the game ending clock is winding down even tho the Lakers are barely contesting a shot.
    Next it goes to a guard who drives for the 2 point layup even tho the clock is ticking down.
    Rigged anyone?

Guess this L neither helps nor hurts the Spurs draft pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards not tanking? Came back against Lakers.
    Lakers tanking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit isn’t tanking. They probably should be, but they’re not. And they haven’t been tanking all season. They were just that bad first half of the season, also missing a lot of guys due to injury. But they’ve been trying all year long, with few and far between results until just before the all star break.

They’re not a good bet to lose. I mean, they’ll still lose their share. But they play hard. They’re playing better as a team. And if the opposing team does not play well, Pistons have shown they’ll surprise anyone. I wouldn’t bet on them to lose or assume they are tanking.
    67 Blazers
    52 Pistons

Barring some huge 2nd half comeback WTF is going on?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    67 Blazers
    52 Pistons

Barring some huge 2nd half comeback WTF is going on?
    2 starters out, 4 total regular rotation guys out. Played 3 G league players big minutes. And Ben McLemore couldn’t miss to start the game. That said, Portland isn’t exactly rolling out the 2016 Golden State Warriors roster on the floor either. So the Pistons shouldn’t have gotten down so big to begin with. But it was a game they got down big, made a late run to get it close, then lost it in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's dunk on K-Love tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 starters out, 4 total regular rotation guys out. Played 3 G league players big minutes. And Ben McLemore couldn’t miss to start the game. That said, Portland isn’t exactly rolling out the 2016 Golden State Warriors roster on the floor either. So the Pistons shouldn’t have gotten down so big to begin with. But it was a game they got down big, made a late run to get it close, then lost it in the end.
    Now a night later after F-ing me on a parlay:
    Pistons 122
    Hawks 101

What changed?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Now a night later after F-ing me on a parlay:
    Pistons 122
    Hawks 101

What changed?
    The guys that were out played. No G-leaguers played. And they just played better, good defense, caused turnovers, and pushed tempo in transition. Held Trae Young in check.

They’re just not a good bet, either way. The players are playing hard. The coaches are coaching to win. But management sees that they’re on the verge of being out of the bottom 3 records, which significantly changes lottery chances. A couple of the guys who sat last game might have been calculated “business decisions” by the front office.

So the players who do play are playing to win. But it’s at a point in the season with the lottery in view where some of the starters and rotation players may be sitting games out, end of the bench players and two-way guys get playing time. So the front office may be making “tanking” moves. They’re just hard to predict game to game. That’s why they’re not a good bet.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron's dunk on K-Love tho
    I must say, I thought Lebron would be playing more below the rim at this stage of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1st 2 months of the season were great to watch as there was a good balance of offense vs defense.

But since then the bad officiating habits have been back, BS fouls being called favoring the offense.

Stern Jr must have realized he was losing ad revenue (more FT's = longer games).

I'ts a shame because that first 2 months or so were great.
    Last edited by lefty; 03-24-2022 at 01:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But management sees that they’re on the verge of being out of the bottom 3 records, which significantly changes lottery chances. A couple of the guys who sat last game might have been calculated “business decisions” by the front office.
    For Detroit is the only way to get RELIABLE day of game and hour(s) before game from one of the local media guys? Was really going back on forth on whom to pick the day of the Blazers disaster. As you know Det pulled ahead for a schooche in the 4th!

Feel free to join over here.
    NBA: Who is currently tanking and who is not? (spurstalk.com)
    Unless I'm the only one who cares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat tanked that 4th qtr or the Knicks really played that well?

38-15 as Heat choke off a 15 point lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re just not a good bet, either way. The players are playing hard. The coaches are coaching to win. But management sees that they’re on the verge of being out of the bottom 3 records, which significantly changes lottery chances. A couple of the guys who sat last game might have been calculated “business decisions” by the front office.

So the players who do play are playing to win. But it’s at a point in the season with the lottery in view where some of the starters and rotation players may be sitting games out, end of the bench players and two-way guys get playing time. So the front office may be making “tanking” moves. They’re just hard to predict game to game. That’s why they’re not a good bet.
    You warned me.
    Nets with a full lineup at home looked good.
    1st half the Pistons are on freaking fire. 65/62/80 well into the 2nd period.
    Turnovers a big story too, 11 Nets 4 Detroit.

Thankfully i bet on entire game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guys that were out played. No G-leaguers played. And they just played better, good defense, caused turnovers, and pushed tempo in transition.
    FTA
    Nets 34
    Detroit 13

Was just a boxscore watcher. Hope the refs didn't F the Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah rounding into playoff form.
    Can't hold 10 point lead late vs Clippers.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the standings will finish

3. Dallas
    4. GS
    5. Denver
    6. Utah

Dallas gonna smoke Utah and I think the Nuggets beat GS if they get Porter and Murray back.

Wonder if Kawhi will come back for the playoffs. Unlikely knowing him. Clips would be dangerous if PG, Kawhi and Powell come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the standings will finish

3. Dallas
    4. GS
    5. Denver
    6. Utah

Dallas gonna smoke Utah and I think the Nuggets beat GS if they get Porter and Murray back.

Wonder if Kawhi will come back for the playoffs. Unlikely knowing him. Clips would be dangerous if PG, Kawhi and Powell come back.
    Neither Murray or MPJ are coming back this season tbh.

Thread Information