Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Snoop would be the 1st to admit he is a bandwagonner he doesn't care lol

He even had an Anaheim Ducks when they won the Stanley Cup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can bandwaggon.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas getting Christian Wood for pretty much nothing.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Dallas getting Christian Wood for pretty much nothing.
    A first isn’t nothing. He provides nothing on defense and has a bad at ude.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Of course he has a bad at ude, he had to play for your dumpster fire franchise

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Of course he has a bad at ude, he had to play for your dumpster fire franchise
    Yeah because Dallas has done a bang up job with rehabbing s like Rondo

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the moment i saw the trade i knew i could come here and djohn would be claiming a "victory" for the rockets

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    the moment i saw the trade i knew i could come here and djohn would be claiming a "victory" for the rockets
    Did I claim victory? Rockets are about to package two picks to get a second top 10 pick. Anybody who watched Wood knows while he is decent offensively, he’s terrible on defense and pouts when he doesn’t get the ball. Good luck. He ain’t a max player but Cuban will pay him.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    mavs basically got a quality player with an expiring contract for the #26 pick and guys who dont play

if he doesnt end up fitting, hes a very valuable piece for the trade market. great trade for dallas, and houston as well, for getting rid of a guy whos not interested in losing 50+ games a year in hopes that their rebuild ends up turning into winning seasons by time hes 30.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Rockets are about to package two picks to get a second top 10 pick.
    bookmarking this

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    we didnt want him anyways

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Nico has nailed every move so far tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    mavs basically got a quality player with an expiring contract for the #26 pick and guys who dont play

if he doesnt end up fitting, hes a very valuable piece for the trade market. great trade for dallas, and houston as well, for getting rid of a guy whos not interested in losing 50+ games a year in hopes that their rebuild ends up turning into winning seasons by time hes 30.
    Valuable piece that no one wanted to trade for. Dallas isn’t making this move without an extension for him.

Look at how many teams Wood has bounced around on. Your logic makes no sense because he looked his best offensively on the Rockets. He can’t set screens or play defense. He’s a quitter. There’s no excuse for quitting. Won’t be long before he refuses to check back into a game again because Kidd raised his voice.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lol same stuff was said about Dinwiddie, he started playing with the Young Goat and his at ude/effort did a 180.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good low risk, high reward move for Dallas. Pretty doubtful whoever they draft at 26 would have been better than Wood, and even if they were it might take 3 years. And if he sucks worst case you just don't pay him next summer.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Good low risk, high reward move for Dallas. Pretty doubtful whoever they draft at 26 would have been better than Wood, and even if they were it might take 3 years. And if he sucks worst case you just don't pay him next summer.
    Every prospect in their draft range was 50/50 at best if they pan out or not, and at least a year away from being a contributor. And knowing the Mavs they probably would have taken a guaranteed bust like Walker Kessler.

Anybody who thinks this is bad for Dallas is either re ed or a subgenus of re ed known as Rockets fan.
    Last edited by Dick Jones; 06-15-2022 at 11:24 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Valuable piece that no one wanted to trade for. Dallas isn’t making this move without an extension for him.

Look at how many teams Wood has bounced around on. Your logic makes no sense because he looked his best offensively on the Rockets. He can’t set screens or play defense. He’s a quitter. There’s no excuse for quitting. Won’t be long before he refuses to check back into a game again because Kidd raised his voice.
    are you re ed? we are talking about a guy at 20 who had to develop and work his way into the league after being undrafted and left to the g league, not some lottery pick with a clear skillset to immediately be an impact player but turned out to be a monumental disappointment everywhere he went like marquese chriss

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    and no one is expecting him to be a star, nor were the assets given up anything resembling a package that would be given for a star (or anything close to one)

the only expectations are that he be less incompetent than dwight powell, snag some rebounds and hit open 3s. anything more is just a bonus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great gamble for Dallas - Wood has shown some ok switch ability but is awful defending guys with a post game or strength. He could be unreal offensively with Luka.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The funniest argument Mav fans are making…”Wood didn’t sign up to play for a losing team” as if that hasn’t been all his ass has ever known, losing teams

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The funniest argument Mav fans are making…”Wood didn’t sign up to play for a losing team” as if that hasn’t been all his ass has ever known, losing teams
    no one said that at all. just that he hasn't been on any actually good teams

and tbqh he signed with Houston probably expecting them to actually be a solid team, only for your hero James harden to show up 50 lbs overweight and completely uninterested in playing basketball for that pathetic excuse of a franchise rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood is a horrible defender. I mean horrible. I can’t stress this enough. Luka isn’t going to pass him the ball enough for him to be happy and he’s going to pout about touches. The dude is immature that way. A Luka/Wood pick n roll prospect on defense is something that other teams will exploit over and over again.

But yes he is better than Powell. A traffic cone is better than him. I just don’t think this actually upgrades them too much bc I doubt Wood will be finishing games anyways by seasons end

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    no one said that at all. just that he hasn't been on any actually good teams
    Not for nothing, but he did play for a 60 win Milwaukee Bucks team. He could just never earn anything more than garbage minutes and he was waived rather quickly and unceremoniously.

He has talent. Most of it surface and superficial talent. Can he produce at a level as a meaningful rotation player to help a team win? That’s still a very much unanswered question with him. I’m sure he can be a 15-20 minute off the bench guy on a good team. But can he be a starter playing 30+ minutes a game who is more than just the fourth or fifth option when he’s on the court? Can he actually not get bullied defensively at or around the rim? His time in Houston didn’t really answer those types of questions about his talent as it relates to winning.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Not for nothing, but he did play for a 60 win Milwaukee Bucks team. He could just never earn anything more than garbage minutes and he was waived rather quickly and unceremoniously.

He has talent. Most of it surface and superficial talent. Can he produce at a level as a meaningful rotation player to help a team win? That’s still a very much unanswered question with him. I’m sure he can be a 15-20 minute off the bench guy on a good team. But can he be a starter playing 30+ minutes a game who is more than just the fourth or fifth option when he’s on the court? Can he actually not get bullied defensively at or around the rim? His time in Houston didn’t really answer those types of questions about his talent as it relates to winning.
    tbh i dont expect him to be the mavs answer to their issues at center, but its a definite upgrade, while giving up very little. if he buys into the system, the mavs offense will be absolutely incredible at the very least. would like him to be better defensively, but if they could overcome teams with gobert/mitc and book/cp3/ayton with an equally bad defensive center with no offensive skill other than catching lobs, i think wood can do fine by actually being able to rebound, dribble drive, finish, and hit wide open 3s

Thread Information