Klutch Sports gonna make Darryl Moron bow the knee
    Lol that ing idiot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tom was working with Spurs players unofficially in the lockout and became the team's color commentator that season just waiting for Pop to get fired. Pop was hugely unpopular with the fanbase at the time because he took all the blame for firing the very popular Bob Hill so the media wouldn't kill David Robinson and Avery Johnson for being coach killers. Spurs began that season 6-8 and had an embarrassing loss to Utah on NBC that almost sealed Pop's fate. David gave this big speech to the team about how if they lost the game that night (in Houston, back when they were supposed to be a le contender after getting Pippen) Pop would probably get fired. And the Spurs went in and destroyed Houston and were pretty much unbeatable the rest of the year. Here is the game:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...903020HOU.html

To think how much Tom would have ed everything up, torching a le season and the team's future. Also don't forget Tom is the one who ed the recruitment of Tim Duncan up for Orlando when he told him his wife couldn't ride on the team plane.
    Maaaaan! Kobe would've had 7 rangs if Doc was Spurts coach

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

lol Simmons a troll

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Klutch Sports also represents Wall but told the Rockets they will work with them on a trade
    Rich Paul is that dude

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch Sports also represents Wall but told the Rockets they will work with them on a trade
    How? Rockets aren't going to give up all those picks they got for Harden just to dump Wall's contract.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How? Rockets aren't going to give up all those picks they got for Harden just to dump Wall's contract.
    Naw they aren’t gonna give those picks up. Rockets told them they want to play Porter at Point and play Green and all the youngsters. That they will look for a trade for Wall and Klutch will look too and Wall wouldn’t get in the way. No guarantees though, and any such trade doesn’t look likely right now. Some team would have to be really stupid to trade for Wall. I could see Balmer being that guy

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Still can’t believe they turned down Brogdon

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why would he care? They already spent their hard earned cash on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom was working with Spurs players unofficially in the lockout and became the team's color commentator that season just waiting for Pop to get fired. Pop was hugely unpopular with the fanbase at the time because he took all the blame for firing the very popular Bob Hill so the media wouldn't kill David Robinson and Avery Johnson for being coach killers. Spurs began that season 6-8 and had an embarrassing loss to Utah on NBC that almost sealed Pop's fate. David gave this big speech to the team about how if they lost the game that night (in Houston, back when they were supposed to be a le contender after getting Pippen) Pop would probably get fired. And the Spurs went in and destroyed Houston and were pretty much unbeatable the rest of the year. Here is the game:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...903020HOU.html

To think how much Tom would have ed everything up, torching a le season and the team's future. Also don't forget Tom is the one who ed the recruitment of Tim Duncan up for Orlando when he told him his wife couldn't ride on the team plane.
    Pippen, Hakeem and Barkley. That was quite a big 3 for the Rockets. I forgot about that team, although I do remember Pippen and Barkley's feud that raged afterwards.

I wasn't living in SA when Hill was replaced by Pop, so all I heard was the media take on Pop firing Hill. I didn't know about the player coup at all until much later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw they aren’t gonna give those picks up. Rockets told them they want to play Porter at Point and play Green and all the youngsters. That they will look for a trade for Wall and Klutch will look too and Wall wouldn’t get in the way. No guarantees though, and any such trade doesn’t look likely right now. Some team would have to be really stupid to trade for Wall. I could see Balmer being that guy
    He's the owner dumb enough to do it. Maybe he can give up his 2030 to 2034 first round picks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Truth bombs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 76ers point of view this is what needs to happen imo.
    Not just for the 6ers but for all future Kawhi / Simmons etc type holdouts:

Beyond the league's collective bargaining agreement, which provides the ability for the Sixers to withhold salary for a player's failure to provide services, the Sixers have their own set of rules that include fines for missing media day and each missed practice. The final resort for the Sixers could be to suspend Simmons for "failing to render services" once preseason games begin -- which could cost Simmons $227,613 for each missed game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 76ers point of view this is what needs to happen imo.
    Not just for the 6ers but for all future Kawhi / Simmons etc type holdouts:

Beyond the league's collective bargaining agreement, which provides the ability for the Sixers to withhold salary for a player's failure to provide services, the Sixers have their own set of rules that include fines for missing media day and each missed practice. The final resort for the Sixers could be to suspend Simmons for "failing to render services" once preseason games begin -- which could cost Simmons $227,613 for each missed game.
    So are they going to hold on to him until midseason so they can actually enforce those fines? Because he's getting $16.3 million on October 1st and preseason doesn't start until October 3rd or 4th for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are they going to hold on to him until midseason so they can actually enforce those fines? Because he's getting $16.3 million on October 1st and preseason doesn't start until October 3rd or 4th for them.
    I'm reading it as while yes, Simmons and Paul can get the 16 million 1/2 salary on Oct 1st the 6ers can beat him to the punch by suspending him for "failing to render services." Once preseason begins per the article.

Will be interesting to see if "failure to render services" can nuke the 16 million payment due on Oct 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm reading it as while yes, Simmons and Paul can get the 16 million 1/2 salary on Oct 1st the 6ers can beat him to the punch by suspending him for "failing to render services." Once preseason begins per the article.

Will be interesting to see if "failure to render services" can nuke the 16 million payment due on Oct 1st.
    Their first preseason game is October 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their first preseason game is October 4th.
    D'Oh!

We may find out if a team is willing to take some financial loss to take a stand against player / agent.

Spurs thought "We'll show him" by sending him off to Canada.
    What a colossal backfire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Oh!

We may find out if a team is willing to take some financial loss to take a stand against player / agent.

Spurs thought "We'll show him" by sending him off to Canada.
    What a colossal backfire.
    I just think its funny seeing it happen to a big market for once. the Sixers. Spurs, Thunder, and Pelicans had to deal with this kind of gotry so Philly can get some too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ No way.
    I often side with the players but this Simmons / Agent move is total bull .
    Would like to see the team hold out so Simmons and Paul can have a microphone stuck in their face every public appearance they make.
    Little snowflake whining over a super minor diss by Doc. Perceived one at that.

I like Embiid too and their chances. Altho hiring Doc was beyond re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ No way.
    I often side with the players but this Simmons / Agent move is total bull .
    Would like to see the team hold out so Simmons and Paul can have a microphone stuck in their face every public appearance they make.
    Little snowflake whining over a super minor diss by Doc. Perceived one at that.

I like Embiid too and their chances. Altho hiring Doc was beyond re ed.
    Nah it's funny seeing one of the big market franchises burn too. Love to see it happen to them when they were too cheap to even put Fultz in a trade offer for Leonard back in 2018.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah it's funny seeing one of the big market franchises burn too. Love to see it happen to them when they were too cheap to even put Fultz in a trade offer for Leonard back in 2018.
    Oh i did not remember what Phillys offer was.
    Also greedy Ainge. Trading for Kwa was a no brainer and quite likely they do what Toronto did for a year at least.

Thread Information