Post Count

baseline bum holy ing

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    From 76ers point of view this is what needs to happen imo.
    Not just for the 6ers but for all future Kawhi / Simmons etc type holdouts:

Beyond the league's collective bargaining agreement, which provides the ability for the Sixers to withhold salary for a player's failure to provide services, the Sixers have their own set of rules that include fines for missing media day and each missed practice. The final resort for the Sixers could be to suspend Simmons for "failing to render services" once preseason games begin -- which could cost Simmons $227,613 for each missed game.
    Issue: he gets half his salary up front. Then the other half throughout the season. Klutch negotiated contracts be like that. You think he cares about being fined? He'll force their hands.

Put a fork in the 6ers in the meantime.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This is pathetic tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Screamin A be lying

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doc be lying too

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is pathetic tbh
    Begging him

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screamin A be lying

That would have been pretty re ed. I know Kyrie is a nut and a drama queen but not like you'd be getting someone with a good head on his shoulders in Simmons either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issue: he gets half his salary up front. Then the other half throughout the season. Klutch negotiated contracts be like that. You think he cares about being fined? He'll force their hands.

Put a fork in the 6ers in the meantime.
    Unless....."failure to render services" can be enacted. Watching.

Agree once he gets his hands on the 16 million he may not care about getting the remaining half of his salary.
    The fines would add up to 9.3 million.

Sixers best move is to go for "failure to render services" imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endorsements.

"Quit".

Can Simmons get a deal with a Quit Smoking or Quit Over eating type endorsement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless....."failure to render services" can be enacted. Watching.

Agree once he gets his hands on the 16 million he may not care about getting the remaining half of his salary.
    The fines would add up to 9.3 million.

Sixers best move is to go for "failure to render services" imo.
    Can't claim that until he misses a preseason game on October 4th. Philly is ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't claim that until he misses a preseason game on October 4th. Philly is ed.
    For the 16 mil yes
    After that if they get the favorable "failure to render services" why are they ed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the 16 mil yes
    After that if they get the favorable "failure to render services" why are they ed?
    Because they won't be able to withhold payment from him until halfway through the season since they had already paid the first half upfront? LOL if they hold him half the season so they can start taking money from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right.
    But to pay him the money AND trade him for some suck ass trade ala Kawhi for Derozan, 76ers can and should absolutely avoid that.

Even if it means sitting his ass. Also could cut off his income after he scams the 16 million. Sure it won't hurt him for a half a year. But he'll be whining and moaning big time when it's cut off after the half year point. Sixers should carry it into next year. "Nope, you'll play for us or you won't play at all."

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the thing that baffles me most about all this is how does doc still have a job?

the one thing hes supposedly good at is being a "players coach", yet hes the one who started all this crap by publicly turning his back on simmons, and now is reversing course and publicly stating he wants to make it work, which is in turn further alienating simmons and putting him in an even worse PR situation

and then how hard is it to see that trae young is one of the worst defenders in the league yet basically never bothered to attack him, just allowed him to get free rest on defense nearly every possession

dude sucks at every aspect of coaching. imo pretty clearly the most overrated nba coach of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG that dude

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    OMG that dude

It’s kinda both. Doc shouldn’t have thrown him under the bus publicly. Your head coach cannot do that

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Also Morey had his name in trade talks since he got there and especially during the Harden saga. Morey ed up royally by letting it get to this point without a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Morey had his name in trade talks since he got there and especially during the Harden saga. Morey ed up royally by letting it get to this point without a trade
    Meh Simmons should have sucked it up and been a professional instead of a pouting . Trades are part of the game and your name is going to come up in trade talks at some point unless you're Durant or LeBron.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It’s kinda both. Doc shouldn’t have thrown him under the bus publicly. Your head coach cannot do that
    Why even have head coaches in the NBA at this point? Already took away their ability to call plays.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Meh Simmons should have sucked it up and been a professional instead of a pouting . Trades are part of the game and your name is going to come up in trade talks at some point unless you're Durant or LeBron.
    I don’t disagree. Morey needed to make that trade then instead of waiting until possible diminishing returns

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the nba should grow some balls and terminate his contract and kick his ass out of the league with a 5 year ban. this is a comedy.

Thread Information