Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris County can spend public money to counter Texas’ strict new abortion law

policy analysts for the court on Tuesday advised County Judge Lina Hidalgo the county could spend public money to support groups that aid those seeking abortions — and perhaps even to directly fund abortion care.

their policy analysis office to investigate how the county could “support individuals impacted by” the ban or “otherwise mitigate the law’s negative effects.”

The county is free, the analysts wrote, to send local and federal funds to groups that provide support services — including transportation, lodging and child care — to those seeking abortions outside the state.

the county’s expected $915 million allotment of federal COVID-19 relief money may be eligible for that purpose.

https://www.expressnews.com/politics...r-16703927.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Food and Drug Administration is loosening some restrictions on where women can obtain abortion pills,

including a long-standing requirement that the medication be picked up in person.

Officials said Thursday that a scientific review supported broadening access and

allowing more pharmacies — including mail-order services — to distribute the medication."

-- Boston Globe email

Repugs later will make abortion pills illegal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott's misogynist fascism will fail like alcohol prohibition

A Plan Forms in Mexico:

Help Americans Get Abortions

Mexican activists plan to provide women in Texas and other U.S. states with information, support — and abortion-inducing pills.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/20/w...activists.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO At all you "dudes" getting emotional over something yall will never be able to give birth to ever. Yall are such pussies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd, that.

Maybe this is the new normal.

Thread Information