Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think there's a better chance of getting people elected who will make strides toward that than just wishing all the rich people will privately fund it.
    no no, our only hope is that people with angelic temperaments will all act like angels in unison. anything else is tyranny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just a tad shy of Boutons and Cosmored, but still a solid echo chamber member.
    That this is post hoc reasoning to resolve the cognitive dissonance from getting spanked repeatedly.

You know it isn't true and are just trolling here. Meh.

I will always change my mind from a good solid argument supported with evidence.

That kind of thing can seem "echo chamber" like when one is actually inside a cult. "but I showed him my cult propaganda meme, why didn't that work?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no no, our only hope is that people with angelic temperaments will all act like angels in unison. anything else is tyranny.
    we can replace food stamps with a bunch of take a penny leave a penny jars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've never disagreed with this. one thing we could also do is have more immigration judges so we can process more cases faster, ie expand the amount of legal immigration. we should also criminalize and enforce employers who hire illegals, something which isnt heavily emphasized right now

i dont think the border wall serves as much more than a symbol
    Yeah. The milquetoast take nobody disagrees with. Like anyone here is actually arguing for open boarders.

He’s still got some wiggling to square his charity vs government take. Guessing he’ll attempt to rectify it with…stop putting words in my mouth…I never said the government didn’t serve a function here…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That this is post hoc reasoning to resolve the cognitive dissonance from getting spanked repeatedly.

You know it isn't true and are just trolling here. Meh.

I will always change my mind from a good solid argument supported with evidence.

That kind of thing can seem "echo chamber" like when one is actually inside a cult. "but I showed him my cult propaganda meme, why didn't that work?"
    you're constantly trying to sound intelligent and constantly coming up short. You rarely if ever disagree with the left plus you lost your ing mind in The Club more than once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think there's a better chance of getting people elected who will make strides toward that than just wishing all the rich people will privately fund it.
    False dichotomy but by now I am not surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. The milquetoast take nobody disagrees with. Like anyone here is actually arguing for open boarders.

He’s still got some wiggling to square his charity vs government take. Guessing he’ll attempt to rectify it with…stop putting words in my mouth…I never said the government didn’t serve a function here…
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we can replace food stamps with a bunch of take a penny leave a penny jars
    Your straw man arguments aren't making any headway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol arguing specs for DMC bingo
    What you've inadvertently done is trademark phrases so in the future I can say "that's my " and I can use your silly Bingo board as evidence.

However, you did not invent Bingo nor the rules for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stacked, hyper-conservative, radical, Priscilla Owen! 5th Circuit of course put unCons utional TX abortion ban back in operation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol poor boots and chump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liberal legislatures are unlikely to trample cons utional rights in a like manner and the the Supreme Court is unlikely to uphold it if they do. not so sure about this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liberal legislatures are unlikely to trample cons utional rights in a like manner and the the Supreme Court is unlikely to uphold it if they do. not so sure about this case.

It's inevitable that this law is going to be found uncons utional and repealed. The good news is that it will also set a precedent for other States trying to pull the same shenanigan.

At best, this law will cause the SCOTUS to review the viability standard and come up with a new, updated limit, but the likelihood that they will do away with a cons utional right is very near zero, IMO.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's inevitable that this law is going to be found uncons utional and repealed. The good news is that it will also set a precedent for other States trying to pull the same shenanigan.

At best, this law will cause the SCOTUS to review the viability standard and come up with a new, updated limit, but the likelihood that they will do away with a cons utional right is very near zero, IMO.
    ,,,in other words:::it's a good thing.
    tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ,,,in other words:::it's a good thing.
    tee, hee.
    For pro-choice, absolutely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hope you're right

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The children suffer:

Texas' cruel abortion law is impacting rape victims as young as 9 years old

the center where staff members told her of recent pregnant rape victims as young as 9 years old.

In one recent month, seven pregnant 12-year-olds

and their caregivers sought help at the advocacy center, Grigsby reported.

“You go down and meet with them for the first time and they look every bit 12 years old,

“They’re small, young, in a cute little T-shirt and rainbow shoelaces.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...as-9-years-old

Forced by hole TX bag Repugs to give birth: sub-teen victims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're constantly trying to sound intelligent and constantly coming up short. You rarely if ever disagree with the left plus you lost your ing mind in The Club more than once.
    butthurt

The implication:

"disagreeing with the left is intelligent"

Why is this a basis for determining the soundness of any given argument? What if the left is correct or has the best policy on any given issue? or most issues? Abortion bans, a right wing policy, are ing stupid on so many levels, both scientific and moral. Making abortions available and safe, a left-wing policy are both scientific and moral. Don't have to look farther than this thread for evidence of that.

If some group of policies is actively, provably, better, as policies commonly considered left are, then it would stand to reason that intelligent people would recognize that.

Your underlying assumption is one without evidence, and very telling.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I generally agree with The Left on abortion tbh. Canceling abortion rights or canceling a woman's right to choose to carry a pregnancy is a form of cancel culture, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    butthurt

The implication:

Why is this a basis for determining the soundness of any given argument? What if the left is correct or has the best policy on any given issue? or most issues? Abortion bans, a right wing policy, are ing stupid on so many levels, both scientific and moral. Making abortions available and safe, a left-wing policy are both scientific and moral. Don't have to look farther than this thread for evidence of that.

If some group of policies is actively, provably, better, as policies commonly considered left are, then it would stand to reason that intelligent people would recognize that.

Your underlying assumption is one without evidence, and very telling.
    It's quite simple. Neither side is "always right". Those who think otherwise are called Stans. You're a Stan, Stan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The implication:

Why is this a basis for determining the soundness of any given argument? What if the left is correct or has the best policy on any given issue? or most issues?
    It's quite simple. Neither side is "always right". Those who think otherwise are called Stans. You're a Stan, Stan.
    I don't think the left is always right. Sorry, even the post you are responding to alludes to that. See the bolded part that you didn't seem to understand, or actively lied about.

You try very hard to paint people you disagree with like this, so you can stick them in a boxes and just ad hominem anything they say.

Why do you think you lie so much about people here?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 10-20-2021 at 09:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I generally agree with The Left on abortion tbh. Canceling abortion rights or canceling a woman's right to choose to carry a pregnancy is a form of cancel culture, imo
    Government forcing women to be pregnant and bear children is inconsistent with libertarian philosophy. You get a cookie for not being a hypocrite there. kudos.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Government forcing women to be pregnant and bear children is inconsistent with libertarian philosophy. You get a cookie for not being a hypocrite there. kudos.
    While gone are the days where I hated the bible as much as left wing ideology (that was more Bush administration era), I'll always be an atheist and a libertarian. Only religious nutcases believe that it should be unlawful to have an abortion. That's not as bad as, but in the same league of, Islamic sharia law that both the left and the American right tend to hate and be against. Of course in Islam a woman will be stoned to death for getting pregnant outside marriage but that's the opposite extreme. Religion to me is ed up, especially religious law ideology.

If you want to believe in god, that's perfectly fine... 1st Amendment. But don't impose your views on others.

If you're like me and you do believe in preserving the environment, not just with CO2 but more importantly with pollution, deforestation and an overall waste of resources... you recycle and reduce waste, and don't pollute, drive a hybrid car (which I do), and don't cut down trees. But I don't believe in, and nobody should believe in, forcing others to do it by virtue of big government and eco-fascist laws like they have in California. Minimize plastic waste, I'm happy with. Zero plastic bags? that .... I'm not taking 20 trips to bring in my groceries from the car. $4/gallon gas? Get me the outta there.

If you believe the covid vaccines currently being administered are effective against Fauci's virus, then it is your body and your absolute right to get those shots, just like with gardasil, tetanus, shingles or the flu shot. If you don't? (I fall in that camp) - then you shouldn't have to, and no government body or big business (corporatocracy is an arm of government, especially in the USA) should have the right to force people to against their will. That is libertarianism 101.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While gone are the days where I hated the bible as much as left wing ideology (that was more Bush administration era), I'll always be an atheist and a libertarian. Only religious nutcases believe that it should be unlawful to have an abortion. That's not as bad as, but in the same league of, Islamic sharia law that both the left and the American right tend to hate and be against. Of course in Islam a woman will be stoned to death for getting pregnant outside marriage but that's the opposite extreme. Religion to me is ed up, especially religious law ideology.

If you want to believe in god, that's perfectly fine... 1st Amendment. But don't impose your views on others.

If you're like me and you do believe in preserving the environment, not just with CO2 but more importantly with pollution, deforestation and an overall waste of resources... you recycle and reduce waste, and don't pollute, drive a hybrid car (which I do), and don't cut down trees. But I don't believe in, and nobody should believe in, forcing others to do it by virtue of big government and eco-fascist laws like they have in California. Minimize plastic waste, I'm happy with. Zero plastic bags? that .... I'm not taking 20 trips to bring in my groceries from the car. $4/gallon gas? Get me the outta there.

If you believe the covid vaccines currently being administered are effective against Fauci's virus, then it is your body and your absolute right to get those shots, just like with gardasil, tetanus, shingles or the flu shot. If you don't? (I fall in that camp) - then you shouldn't have to, and no government body or big business (corporatocracy is an arm of government, especially in the USA) should have the right to force people to against their will. That is libertarianism 101.
    Libertarianism is a failed ideology, like communism and fascism.

It fails morally, and it fails economically. It is laughably easy to shred. You have yet to have this belief system really challenged. If I am wrong, and it really is a superior way to organize a society, then it should be easy to show.

Let's get started on that.

What is the tragedy of the commons?

Thread Information