Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kellyanne Conway cites ‘Bowling Green massacre’ that never happened to defend travel ban
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nd-travel-ban/

Kellyanne Conway has taken “alternative facts” to a new level.

During a Thursday interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, the counselor to the president defended President Trump’s travel ban related to seven majority-Muslim countries. At one point, Conway made a reference to two Iraqi refugees whom she described as the masterminds behind “the Bowling Green massacre.”

“Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered,” Conway said.

The Bowling Green massacre didn’t get covered because it didn’t happen. There has never been a terrorist attack in Bowling Green, Ky., carried out by Iraqi refugees or anyone else.

Conway was likely referring to two Iraqi citizens living in Bowling Green who were arrested in 2011 and eventually sentenced to federal prison for attempting to send weapons and money to al-Qaeda in Iraq for the purpose of killing U.S. soldiers, according to a statement from the Justice Department.

Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 25, was sentenced to life in federal prison. Waad Ramadan Alwan was sentenced to 31 to 40 years in federal prison, followed by a life term of supervised release. Both men pleaded guilty to federal terrorism charges.

Both men admitted having taken part in attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq, not in Bowling Green.

Here’s what the Justice Department said in a Jan. 29, 2013, statement:

Hammadi and Alwan both admitted, in FBI interviews that followed waiver of their Miranda rights, to participation in the purported material support operations in Kentucky, and both provided the FBI details of their prior involvement in insurgent activities while living in Iraq. Both men believed their activities in Kentucky were supporting AQI. Alwan admitted participating in IED attacks against U.S. soldiers in Iraq, and Hammadi admitted to participating in 10 to 11 IED attacks as well as shooting at a U.S. soldier in an observation tower.

Court do ents filed in this case reveal that the Bowling Green office of the FBI’s Louisville Division initiated an investigation of Alwan in which they used a confidential human source (CHS). The CHS met with Alwan and recorded their meetings and conversations beginning in August 2010. The CHS represented to Alwan that he was working with a group to ship money and weapons to Mujahadeen in Iraq. From September 2010 through May 2011, Alwan participated in ten separate operations to send weapons and money that he believed were destined for terrorists in Iraq. Between October 2010 and January 2011, Alwan drew diagrams of multiple types of IEDs and instructed the CHS how to make them. In January 2011, Alwan recruited Hammadi, a fellow Iraqi national living in Bowling Green, to assist in these material support operations. Beginning in January 2011 and continuing until his arrest in late May 2011, Hammadi participated with Alwan in helping load money and weapons that he believed were destined for terrorists in Iraq.

Conway reiterated claims from Trump that his refugee policy is similar to “what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months.” Conway said it was “brand new information” to people that Obama enacted a “six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program.” Breitbart also reported earlier this week that “Obama suspended Iraq refugee program for six months over terrorism fears in 2011.”

As The Washington Post reported, this was not the case. Obama administration officials told The Post that there was never a point when Iraqi resettlement was stopped or banned. In the aftermath of the arrests of the two Iraqis living in Kentucky, the Obama administration imposed more extensive background checks on Iraqi refugees, and the new screening procedures created a dramatic slowdown in visa approvals.

State Department records show there was a significant drop in refugee arrivals from Iraq in 2011, The Post’s Glenn Kessler reported. There were 18,251 in 2010, 6,339 in 2011 and 16,369 in 2012. One news report said the “pace of visa approvals” had “slowed to a crawl,” indicating some were still being approved.

Conway’s interview was by no means the first time the arrests of the two Iraqis in Bowling Green have been politicized as support for blocking refugees from reaching the United States. In December 2015, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) released a dramatic campaign video ad featuring images and video footage of the two Iraqi nationals, while criticizing then-rivals in the presidential race Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). In the 90-second ad, the faces of Waad Ramadan Alwan and Mohanad Shareef Hammadi are featured with pounding, dismal music, establishing that the men were “welcomed into America, given public housing and public assistance — as refugees.”

After Conway’s comments, “Bowling Green Massacre” was the No. 1 topic trending on Twitter, and Conway’s interview prompted many to share memories of where they were “when the Bowling Green Massacre didn’t happen.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's just pandering to her base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conway was likely referring to two Iraqi citizens living in Bowling Green who were arrested in 2011 and eventually sentenced to federal prison for attempting to send weapons and money to al-Qaeda in Iraq for the purpose of killing U.S. soldiers, according to a statement from the Justice Department.

Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 25, was sentenced to life in federal prison. Waad Ramadan Alwan was sentenced to 31 to 40 years in federal prison, followed by a life term of supervised release. Both men pleaded guilty to federal terrorism charges.

Both men admitted having taken part in attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq, not in Bowling Green.
    This is it.
    I wanted Bernie to dismantle the greedy corps money hoarding.
    It didn't happen, but now the Trump hate is

Little media s looking to jump on any and every error.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is it.
    I wanted Bernie to dismantle the greedy corps money hoarding.
    It didn't happen, but now the Trump hate is

Little media s looking to jump on any and every error.
    It's not an error. This administration has shown they don't give a about telling boldfaced lies. Facts don't matter to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not an error. This administration has shown they don't give a about telling boldfaced lies. Facts don't matter to them.
    So you're saying Conway intended to scam some Bowling Green Masacre instead of a couple Radical Brainwashed who aided in Middle East.
    Cmon man.

As to this administration telling lies, welcome to US and world politics since George Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying Conway intended to scam some Bowling Green Masacre instead of a couple Radical Brainwashed who aided in Middle East.
    Cmon man.

As to this administration telling lies, welcome to US and world politics since George Washington.
    You don't get the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conway: I meant to say 'Bowling Green terrorists'

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You ain't gonna get out of it, bum. You're out of power for at least 4 years. You fell asleep and turned loose of the wheel, careened into an abutment and totaled your car.

Now, get the outta the way. We've got some governin' to do and some balls to bust. Now we get to tease & torment. How does it feel, bum?

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bull . Her exact words are "masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre". That makes zero sense if you swap massacre for terrorists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon man.

This administration tells the most boldfaced lies, so her lie is par for the course and it's what to expect out of this white house until that fat orange hopefully gets booted from power in 2021. Pop's 100% correct, they're a ministry of disinformation. It's like Cosmored is running the country.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There's no 'we' Cub. Your utility ended to 'them' on November 8, 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, poorly worded, but I think most people knew what she meant. Chris Matthews didn't even bat an eye when she said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, she thinks there was a Bowling Green massacre and Trump thinks Frederick Douglas is alive and well. Got it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, poorly worded, but I think most people knew what she meant. Chris Matthews didn't even bat an eye when she said it.
    "two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre"

It makes zero sense to swap massacre with terrorists. The Bowling Green terrorists were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green terrorists?

She said an absolutely ridiculous lie, and she did it because she can. She answers only to Trump and he has no problem with the bull spewing out of her dumpster of a mouth.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's no 'we' Cub. Your utility ended to 'them' on November 8, 2016.
    No, you're thinking of when I signed up with Bush x 4. You know what though? "Was blind, but now I see."

It won't happened with Trump. We started with "we" and "we" will go shoulder-to-shoulder.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre"

It makes zero sense to swap massacre with terrorists. The Bowling Green terrorists were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green terrorists?

She said an absolutely ridiculous lie, and she did it because she can. She answers only to Trump and he has no problem with the bull spewing out of her dumpster of a mouth.
    You're on the outside of that window now, Mono. You're Jew nose pressed up against it tight. The gentiles have the con.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does this chicks face seem to be crumbling as the days go by? Reminds me of that movie with goldie hawn, merril Strip and Bruce Willis about those women whod crumble one day and some get better another day

Shes kinda gross and weird

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kinda surprised she apologized. I really am. I kind of expected her to say there really was one but that the media just isn't talking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess she was trying to fool that segment of the MSNBC audience that doesn't have internet access?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess she was trying to fool that segment of the MSNBC audience that doesn't have internet access?
    She expected that she could say something completely false, get roasted by the opposition, then go crying about everyone ganging up on her so that her fanbase gets even more worked up, rushes to defend her, and refuses to hold her accountable for lying. She's bulletproof and she knows it and wants to rub it in people's faces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She expected that she could say something completely false, get roasted by the opposition, then go crying about everyone ganging up on her so that her fanbase gets even more worked up, rushes to defend her, and refuses to hold her accountable for lying. She's bulletproof and she knows it and wants to rub it in people's faces.
    mkay

Still weird that Matthews didn't immediately correct her. Oh well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why does this chicks face seem to be crumbling as the days go by? Reminds me of that movie with goldie hawn, merril Strip and Bruce Willis about those women whod crumble one day and some get better another day

Shes kinda gross and weird
    She's 50. And she looks great after a nite's sleep and a complete makeover. Like the "Big Show" on WWE in the old days. He'd come out looking splendid. All of his would be above his waist. Climb in the ring, they'd ring the bell and within' 30 second the whole in' thing would end up around his naval.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm kinda surprised she apologized. I really am. I kind of expected her to say there really was one but that the media just isn't talking about it.
    Why not, it was a clean mistake and an easy apology. She did not have to brazen it out. Didn't cost anybody a thing.

And they can't get anybody else to go out there on CNN/MSNBC. She'll go because she realizes this is her moment. She made the team, the big time, and she ain't letting it pass by. Good for her. That realization rarely dawns on a person. That they acknowledge it and act upon it is the killing ground.

She done good. And when she fights and I'm in front of that TV? I stand. As I Tweeted her a while back= "You are not alone!"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    mkay

Still weird that Matthews didn't immediately correct her. Oh well.
    Because he is still in a state of shock over Trumps victory. He doesn't know whether to , or, go blind.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Absolutely. That's why SHE goes out there to CNN/MSNBC. She relishes the payback she deals out. She's me, Dale, only with a pussy instead of a Vienna Sausage.

Only difference twixt us and Donald Trump...what is it? Use your ing heads:::it's the money. That's it and that's all.

Thread Information