Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bounty hunters, mount up, get thee to your lawyers' offices. $10K awaits you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you always trying to start fights on here like you're twelve years old, joey? You're such a hardass.
    Lmao You dodge because you lack integrity and get upset by it so you consider it "starting fights" as you use insults to boot. out of here loser!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao You dodge because you lack integrity and get upset by it so you consider it "starting fights" as you use insults to boot. out of here loser!
    LOL angry Joey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you always trying to start fights on here like you're twelve years old, joey? You're such a hardass.
    but then he pussied out when BD24 actually wanted to confront him

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Kony too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is angry but there is one person here with 0 integrity and that's you bro. Dodge and swerve some more you old !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SR pushing more FakeNews because you're as much of a pussy as your buddy BD24 is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kony is just as much of a pussy as you are bro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Than Half of Americans Disagree With Texas Abortion Bill Going Into Effect

54 percent of Americans disagreeing with the bill going into effect,

while 39 percent of respondents said they agreed with the Supreme Court's decision.

Across different political party affiliations,

the poll found 73 percent of Democrats disagreeing with the decision

while 62 percent of Republicans say they agree.

https://www.newsweek.com/more-half-a...t-poll-1630910

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Major abortion case set for argument on Dec. 1

The Supreme Court announced on Monday that it will hear argument on Dec. 1

in a challenge to a Mississippi law that bans almost all abortions after the 15th week of pregnancy.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/09/major-abortion-case-set-for-argument-on-dec-1/

the only way to beat the SCOTUS Papists is legislatively legalizing abortion
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-20-2021 at 06:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gov. Greg Abbott signs more Texas abortion restrictions, penalties into law

The law, set to go into effect in December, could further restrict access to abortion-inducing medication.

it outlaws providing abortion-inducing drugs to Texans after seven weeks of pregnancy.

Although SB 8 already carries the threat of lawsuits against people who “aid or abet,” abortions, including those providers who live out of state, SB 4 increases liability with criminal penalties.

Under SB 4, the charges for “intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly,” violating the provisions of the bill would be a state jail felony, which carries fines of up to $10,000 and between 180 days and two years of imprisonment.

out-of-state providers may be subject to an extradition process.

“I don’t anticipate that if people who are doing things in places where they’re legal, that their governments are going to cooperate with these radical prosecutions,”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...lties-into-law

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    women-oppessing/regulating forced-birthers disappear after the forced birth

Gov. Greg Abbott, Texas lawmakers cannot leave foster care teens to their fate

The number of children without placement has jumped to alarming levels.

the failure of the state’s foster care system to protect children while complying with reforms rightfully demanded by U.S. District Judge Janis Graham Jack.

the number of children without placement —
    kids who are housed in unlicensed locations such as state offices, churches and hotels

has jumped from an average of 22 per night in January to 106 per night in June.

Last year, that average was 10 kids per night between August and December.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/e...-to-their-fate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "pro-life" TX bags refuse to expand Medicaid which would save the health and lives of 1000s of Texans, and many are not black, not brown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas abortion opponents are upset someone is taking advantage of their bounty hunter law

”Neither of these lawsuits are valid attempts to save innocent human lives.” You don’t say!

Instead, he continued, “Both cases are self-serving legal stunts, abusing the cause of action created in the Texas Heartbeat Act for their own purposes.”

As the law you promoted invites.

This was 100% predictable,

baked into the very design of the Texas abortion ban.

Anyone claiming to be surprised at the quality of the initial efforts to collect the $10,000 bounty is

mind-bendingly stupid, or they’re lying.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ng-into-action

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida legislator imports Texas abortion ban

On Wednesday, Florida Representative Webster Barnaby (R), introduced legislation that tracks Texas' new law banning nearly all abortions.

Like the Texas law, Barnaby's bill would ban all abortions after a "fetal heartbeat" is detected.

That occurs about six weeks into pregnancy — before many women know they are pregnant.

Barnaby's abortion ban, like Texas' law, would only be enforceable by private citizens, who can collect a $10,000 bounty by filing a lawsuit.

Abortion providers or anyone who helps a woman receive an abortion after six weeks could be sued.

And like the Texas law, Barnaby's bill contains no exception for rape or incest.

https://popular.info/p/florida-legislator-imports-texas

==================

Barnaby is a freshman member with a thin legislative record.

he was best known for speaking at three Trump rallies during the 2020 campaign.

In October, Barnaby gave a remarkable invocation at Trump's first campaign after recovering from COVID:

I thank God that Donald Trump has been raised again,

and been given an extension of life.

So Father tonight we thank you that you've healed our land.

You've removed the plague of corona in the name of Jesus.

Tonight you will see evidence of a strong man, Donald J. Trump, a man that's recovered…

Remove fear from this nation in the mighty name of Jesus.
    Comcast bankrolls Barnaby and other anti-abortion legislators in Florida

In the 2020 cycle, Comcast donated $225,000 to anti-abortion legislators in Florida

Other corporate donors to Barnaby include

Duke Energy ($1,000),
    Greenberg Traurig ($1,000),
    NextEra Energy ($2,000),
    McGuireWoods ($500), and
    StateFarm ($500).

https://popular.info/p/florida-legislator-imports-texas
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-23-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oscar Stilley, who describes himself in his complaint as a “disbarred and disgraced former Arkansas lawyer” on home confinement for “utterly fraudulent federal charges,” wants that $10,000.

”If this is a free-for-all, and it’s $10,000, I want my $10,000,” he told The New York Times. “And yes, I do aim to collect.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The federal lawsuit against Texas’s anti-abortion law hit the ball right out of the park.

Here’s why.

United States v State of Texas, on the other hand, is much broader in scope and much more aggressive. Unlike the suit brought by the plaintiffs in WWH v Jackson, U.S. v Texas sues the state of Texas in its entirety.

There is yet another way that U.S. v Texas differs from WWH v Jackson. The federal government’s litigation also sues the state of Texas for violating the due process clause of the 14 Amendment of the United States Cons ution, which runs as follows:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

For the first time, the enforcement mechanism of SB 8 has been directly challenged as uncons utional.

Has Texas violated the due process clause with SB 8? Indeed it has, and for the reason the federal government has given.

the due process clause has the effect of prohibiting a state from barring the former slaves (or any U.S. citizen) from securing their equal rights in courts of law, or to make it more difficult for them to do so. (In the law, the latter is called abridgment).

In a brilliant move, the federal government has applied the due process clause to the State of Texas’s law SB 8 and found it wanting.

SB 8 does run afoul of the 14th Amendment.

The enforcement provisions of SB 8 stand for the proposition that, whatever abortion rights women in Texas might be deemed to have under federal law, they have no federally protected right to *access* to abortion.

This is arrant nonsense.

Certainly, the federal government is under no cons utional obligation to provide abortion services itself, nor even to ensure that abortion services are available.

Nor is a state required to provide such services.

But clearly a state cannot act to ensure that abortion services are *not* available in the state,

either, because the right to have an abortion, at least during the non-viability period of the pregnancy, is a guaranteed federal right that cannot be impaired, impeded, or abridged under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Cons ution.

https://twoodiac.medium.com/the-fede...y-f81103c54840

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas abortion providers ask U.S. Supreme Court to fast-track their challenge to state’s near-total abortion ban

The Supreme Court had previously declined to block the law

but didn't rule on its cons utionality.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/09...supreme-court/

SB8 violates Amendment 14

Will the SCOTUS Catholic conspirators rule as quickly now as they did in a shadow docket midnight unsiged ruling not to block hole Texas' religious fascists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very unpopular, even with Republicans

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...ing-roe-v-wade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "pro-life" TX bags refuse to expand Medicaid which would save the health and lives of 1000s of Texans, and many are not black, not brown.
    They aren't even hiding the racism anymore.

MAGA became Make Racism Acceptable Again

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US v Texas begins:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cynical, dishonest, dumb, or all three at once?

Thread Information