Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares...go outside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of centers a young Chamberlin would have been awesome to watch in today's NBA. In warmups they said he would routinely hit 8 out of 10 shots from what would be the three point area. He had a higher verticle than Jordan, was a track athlete and could bench 550 pounds which is 85 pounds more than Shaq. He once blocked a shot with such force he broke the opposing center's arm. Imagine what he could do with modern training techniques.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He would be 25/10 or greater, easy. But those numbers would be more like Kevin Love - empty stats. Certain nights you just could not afford to keep him on the floor.

But, early days Shaq was more mobile and could defend the pnr and 3 point line if need be. His conditioning in this era would be key to him staying on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be 25/10 or greater, easy. But those numbers would be more like Kevin Love - empty stats. Certain nights you just could not afford to keep him on the floor.

But, early days Shaq was more mobile and could defend the pnr and 3 point line if need be. His conditioning in this era would be key to him staying on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of these top players of old would destroy these kids today because unlike them, they knew how to play basketball.

Just look at Timmy for example, even at the later of his career he was doing just fine at embarrassing these younger generation of players until his knees gave out.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    True on Duncan because he had virtually no weaknesses.

Most of these top players of old would destroy these kids today because unlike them, they knew how to play basketball.

Just look at Timmy for example, even at the later of his career he was doing just fine at embarrassing these younger generation of players until his knees gave out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Man Duncan all over these kids. Was ting all over the warriettes. Curry said he sighed a breath of air when Sir Duncan retired.

Prime Duncan would 8 peat on these shrimps.

True, true. shaq btw this is a Spurs forum

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, true. shaq btw this is a Spurs forum
    yes, yes, the baseline stance is Shaq.

but also shaq would dominate in any nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, there was no answer for prime Shaq back in the late 90s and early 2000s when the center position was actually valued and guys were still allowed to play physical, hand-check, etc.

With the way everyone has gone to small ball, Shaq would literally break teams down now. That includes the current Spurs squad. Does anyone really think Poeltl or Eubanks would be able to do anything to stop Shaq?

That said, old & busted Shaq (from his late Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland days) wasn't the same force on offense and would get roasted on defense. His peak was crazy, but he fell off the cliff hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there was no answer for prime Shaq back in the late 90s and early 2000s when the center position was actually valued and guys were still allowed to play physical, hand-check, etc.

With the way everyone has gone to small ball, Shaq would literally break teams down now. That includes the current Spurs squad. Does anyone really think Poeltl or Eubanks would be able to do anything to stop Shaq?

That said, old & busted Shaq (from his late Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland days) wasn't the same force on offense and would get roasted on defense. His peak was crazy, but he fell off the cliff hard.

The current philosophy of all-3-pointers-all-day would have to be changed (as well as the rules of the game) if we still had the talented centers in the league that we had back in the Robinson-Hakeem-Shaq-Ewing days.

It's really quite boring these days, because every team is doing basically the same thing. Maybe the average fan likes the 130-125 scores, but it's pretty lame basketball, and lacks in creativity. It used to be cool to see the Spurs strategize to play the big teams, or the fast teams, or the half court teams. Now you just have to defend and shoot the three and it's small ball all day. Kind of sucks, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who the is this “shaq” people talk about? Ive never heard of such a thing. Regardless I have a gut feeling of whatever this thing is its a piece of .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True on Duncan because he had virtually no weaknesses.
    Not true, he basically played on one good leg from 00-01 on after a meniscus tear.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true, he basically played on one good leg from 00-01 on after a meniscus tear.
    To me Duncan was fine until after '06. After '06 is when he started to experience problems with that knee that he had earlier experienced the meniscus tear with. The main problem with the meniscus tear is that it starts to have effect on the knee once you hit your 30's. Wade,Westbrook all had the same injury and were fine until they hit their 30's. Westbrook looks like he's now slowing down.

There is now a new surgery players take to repair a torn meniscus so it doesn't shorten their careers but the surgery forces you to sit out for about a year. I remember Jaren Jackson had the surgery a year ago after tearing his meniscus in the bubble and pretty much missed the whole entire '19-'20 season. I wonder if that surgery was available back then in '00 how much of a difference it would have had on Duncan's career. Him sitting out the '00-'01 season wouldn't have made a difference since no one was going to beat the Lakers that year anyways but imagine if Duncan had 2 good knees throughout his 30's how much more dominant he would have been.

Thread Information