Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense: A+; PR defense: D. But I would still rank him top 10 in today's NBA. What do you guys think?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold on man let me login to the laker forum ill ask there once I get response I’ll comeback in to let you know.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Shaq would be so dominant on offense his defense wouldn't matter. Plus when he was young he was pretty damn nimble for being so huge. There is not a C in today's game that could match up with him on D, maybe Embiid but thats it. Diesel would be fun to watch in todays soft league tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid 90s Shaq would average 40 and 20 even whilst shooting 20% from the FT line in the current NBA. His skill set transcends to any vintage of basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if peak Shaq would have lasted longer in today’s day and age of load management and more investment being made in bodies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be nothing more than a Roy Hibbert.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be hilarious seeing him guarded by the likes of Draymond Green. Prime Shaq flushing on him for 10 minutes straight until Green fouled out would be awesome to watch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jokic can get MVP with his atrocious defense, Shaq wouldn't be that bad of a defender.
    Not to mention that current DPOY is getting exposed on PNR in the playoffs.

And it would be hillarious to watch him on every single big in today's league.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    1v1 matchups he would dominate like he always did

consistently getting clean looks is another story. see 2004 finals. zone defenses and shading (which was outlawed prior to 2003) affected him far more than people realize. one on one, he made mincemeat of ben wallace. but he struggled to consistently get that matchup deep in the post, he was constantly swarmed in ways he had never seen before, and entry passes into him were affected heavily.

his inability to face up and attack an opponent made it much tougher for him to adjust, compared to a guy like tim. i think shaq would still be great but wouldn't dominate quite the same way, especially against elite defenses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq would single handedly stop the 6-8 centre and 6-6 power forward trend of today. If he can dominate the boys of 90s and 00s he would be virtually unstoppable today. His team would have to play more zone defence though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1v1 matchups he would dominate like he always did

consistently getting clean looks is another story. see 2004 finals. zone defenses and shading (which was outlawed prior to 2003) affected him far more than people realize. one on one, he made mincemeat of ben wallace. but he struggled to consistently get that matchup deep in the post, he was constantly swarmed in ways he had never seen before, and entry passes into him were affected heavily.

his inability to face up and attack an opponent made it much tougher for him to adjust, compared to a guy like tim. i think shaq would still be great but wouldn't dominate quite the same way, especially against elite defenses.
    Imagine if he was surrounded by 3 point shooters. I think that would nullify that zone defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tim Duncan is better and he would dominate today’s NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a bigger DeAndre Jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't shoot the three or make free throws. Character issues, throws other teammates under the bus. Came into camp out of shape, not a hard worker.

Might be a 2nd round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't be able to play. He'd score 50ppg but give up 60 in open 3s & layups. Put him in a PnR every possession & he'd be unplayable.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shaq would ing dominate on offense

on defense he'd get rebounds and blocks; if the other team tries to abuse him on pnr, easily fixable by going to zone and surrounding him with d (and 3) guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he wouldn't need a kobe to dominate because he could carry the team by himself offensively

dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol in a league where ing zion goes for 27 and 7 -- shaq with 6 inches and 40 pounds on him would average 40 and 15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would be useless against zone defense

people who think he would dominate today, smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would be useless against zone defense

people who think he would dominate today, smh
    lmao how would he be useless against zone defense

just another punk standing there to get dunked on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    snaq will get his offensive numbers, problem will be defending bigs who can shoot...he either be force to defend step out of the key or just play a zone limit his fouls.....

then again ppl can hack a snaq and send him to teh ft line

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1995 Shaq? MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be hilarious seeing him guarded by the likes of Draymond Green. Prime Shaq flushing on him for 10 minutes straight until Green fouled out would be awesome to watch.
    Malik Rose guarded him not great, but decent. The low center of gravity helped since shanq had little range and wasn't going to shoot over him
    I was always bothered by Shaq's game. He might be hampered today because they are more likely to call an offensive foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A dominant player would always change the lanscape of the game. Shaq would dunk on everybody, and it would not be hard to surround him with shooters specially playing for attractive Lakers market. Curry changed the style to small ball, faster tempo. Spurs twin tower is so dominant, they could hold any opponents to 80’s and made it a grind game. If it’s close, both Timmy/Drob could always score on anyone on the last possession.

Yup I see Shaq dunking on everybody averaging 50 pts in today’s weak defense. Teams would starting stocking on big defender slowing the tempo of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    higher than td, lower than admiral

Thread Information