Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    guess that loss worked out for you.
    As soon as the number 70 hit the scoreboard this year, it was a hurry up and lose to get rid of this guy proposition.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm also not a fan of what bie is doing with this offense in the pistol and using the always failing two quarterback system. Why isn't he running what he ran as a QB under Leach? I miss the one RB 4wr shotgun formations, myself.

Don't know about you but I'd love to see tech take s away from SMU.
    Yeah I think s is the ideal hire right now. tbh though it's a crapshoot whether or not he'll want to leave what he has there for this dumpster fire.

IMO, if I were running things I'd just hire a PR team and take a strong look at Art Briles. I don't see either of those two sticking around for long, and while normally I'm not in favor of hiring stopgaps this department needs something to get excited about

Says something about how difficult it is to coach here when a guy like Kingsbury turned a rebuilding NFL franchise into the best team in the NFL, yet could never rise above mediocrity here

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah I think s is the ideal hire right now. tbh though it's a crapshoot whether or not he'll want to leave what he has there for this dumpster fire.

IMO, if I were running things I'd just hire a PR team and take a strong look at Art Briles. I don't see either of those two sticking around for long, and while normally I'm not in favor of hiring stopgaps this department needs something to get excited about

Says something about how difficult it is to coach here when a guy like Kingsbury turned a rebuilding NFL franchise into the best team in the NFL, yet could never rise above mediocrity here
    If your PR team takes a long look at Art Briles you need to fire your PR team.

Assuming college to pros or pro to college is equal either way is not smart.
    College coaches work with teenagers. There is an art to that as well. Recruiting... horribly difficult.
    At the end of this season there will always be coaches available.

Also, assuming Kingsbury is king is also premature. He has done a great job with the offense but it remains to be seen what the Cardinals do. I can see him end up as purely an O-Coordinator. The real key in all these coaching switches is to find a team and coach who performed very well but lost too many games for unreachable standards. Maybe A team that sustained an extraordinary number of injuries but still played well. No I dont know who that would be. But not Briles.

Im sure Blake would love to have Briles as much as a mound of fire ants eating his eyes out.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Who do Texas high school football coaches think Tech should hire

https://texastech.rivals.com/news/wh...u-should-hire-

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Kliff is an extraordinary offensive mind and quarterback talent evaluator. That's about it. He's too laid back to be a fast talking salesman to these high school kids to get them to come to Lubbock, especially on defense.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'd be okay with Briles if we were guaranteed a few ten win seasons.

But if he had losing seasons and/or had another scandal, that's it for Kirby so there's no way Tech hires him.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    if I'm Kirby I'm thinking the opposite....no more playing it safe "we want the right kind of person, with class, blah blah blah...." yeah screw that, this is Texas Tech not Alabama. At its best, this is always been a place of outcasts (Bob Knight, Mike Leach, etc)

I say just go full scorched earth and hire Art Briles for football, and give Dave Bliss or Rick Pitino a chance at a comeback in basketball. We need some real leadership baby! Atleast show the fanbase you care about winning by hiring coaches that'll do whatever it takes. At the very least, it'll get people talking about Texas Tech again. No press is bad press I say....while we're at it, what is Greg Hardy up to these days? Maybe take a flyer on him for D coordinator?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol Patterson finally leaving TCU.

Now that utsa locked up theirs we're actually gonna be fighting for s?

Jesus. I'll bet right now we end up with the Louisiana coach. I hope we don't just move bie up.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Not sure if this is a locker room or a small southern Baptist Church service, but can I get a hallelujah and an amen.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Not sure if this is a locker room or a small southern Baptist Church service, but can I get a hallelujah and an amen.
    i take it you like the hire. seems like a good one to me.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    i take it you like the hire. seems like a good one to me.
    Yeah it's no Jimbo but it's about as good as Tech could get at this point. s was originally my first preference but apparently this guy can recruit which is what we're desperate for right now.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah it's no Jimbo but it's about as good as Tech could get at this point. s was originally my first preference but apparently this guy can recruit which is what we're desperate for right now.
    As long as he can recruit I’m good with the hire. I watched the first half of their game against OU and it was like watching an FCS team. Literally did not matter what play Tech called, OU was just faster/stronger at every position. I saw one play in particular that was a well called WR screen. No OU defender was in the picture at first yet they swarmed quick and he was tackled behind the LOS anyway. Not a lot coaching can do to overcome that tbh

Post Count

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    "I don't want your life"

Post Count
    "I don't want your life"
    His West Texas accent both offends me and makes me so proud to be a Texan.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol 62 yard field goal . I thought sure we were going to OT and losing.

Thank god we fired Wells when we did

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Saw stat pregame. 66 games in the rivalry and only twice both teams scored over 30

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Saw stat pregame. 66 games in the rivalry and only twice both teams scored over 30
    Miami should be embarrassed losing to such a ty Seminole team

Post Count

Pretty amazing stat actually. That used to be an epic rivalry, not so much right now though.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Miami should be embarrassed losing to such a ty Seminole team
    14 something penalties. Miami will never learn and be disciplined. They just had the talent to overcome it in the distant past.

Huge victory for Norvell. Holding onto Top15 recruiting class. Imagine when FSU has an actual QB again. It's been nearly half a decade.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    As long as he can recruit I’m good with the hire. I watched the first half of their game against OU and it was like watching an FCS team. Literally did not matter what play Tech called, OU was just faster/stronger at every position. I saw one play in particular that was a well called WR screen. No OU defender was in the picture at first yet they swarmed quick and he was tackled behind the LOS anyway. Not a lot coaching can do to overcome that tbh
    He's off to a good start

Sunday night, McGuire and the Red Raiders picked up a verbal commitment from Isaiah Crawford, a 4-star defensive end/linebacker from nearby Post. Crawford was at one time a commit to Baylor but decommitted on the same day that McGuire was officially introduced as head coach, a move that made many Red Raider fans confident that this top prospect was going to stay close to home.

Rated by the 247Sports.com composite rankings as the No. 167 player in the class of 2023 and the No. 25 player in Texas, Crawford is easily one of the best prospects to come from West Texas in recent years.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The dude looks a little smallish but this lateral to the O Lineman and subsequent sprint

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    smh if that auburn RB costs them the game by running out of bounds

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lincoln riley to lsu?

why?

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count