Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    MAN IM SO PUMPED FOR THIS SEASON!!!1

I can't F*CKING wait to see what unfolds!

My hot takes are:

i) Texas Tech is going to suck and Matt "Jason Garrett" Wells is going to get a 10 year extension
    ii) going out on a HUGE limb and will say Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Georgia/Oklahoma will battle it out for the top 4 spots! Bet nobody will have predicted this!
    iii) a team will have a COVID breakout, vaxxers will freak out blaming the unvaxxed for not getting their 10th booster shot etc
    iv) Some team with a lot of athletic black players (probably Alabama or Clemson) will win the national championship
    v) both the pregame music and halftime show at the national championship will be that same cotton candy haired mixed race guy that the Jews have been peddling nonstop 24/7 on pop radio for the past 5 years(bruno mars or that malone guy?)....

rofl what a sh!tshow this sport has become. no wonder this forum has been abandoned faster than mookie at a crossfit class i saaaaiiiiiiddddd
    OP is a got tbh

Guess I was wrong on 3.5 out of 5 takes. Texas Tech did suck, but atleast they got rid of college Jason Garrett and they started putting up a fight toward the end of the year.

And remains to be seen if v) comes true IMO

My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    All hail the return of Bob Stoops to OU. Prepare your anuses folks, cuz he's ming for them!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooops

get dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooown

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    gutless gutless ags

stooooooooooooooooooops

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

OKST what a choker/heartbreaker.

Dude should have stiff armed defender but galliant effort on the dive for pylon nonetheless.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Saban is 5-1 as a underdog at Bama

*2008 Florida (Urban & Tebow) over Bama in SECCG

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    Georgia

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Im thinking they still have at least a shot at a National Championship.
    Must be nice being them, but not tonight.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    At what point does Georgia lose so badly they are replaced in the CFP by another major 1 loss team?

And if the answer is none, then that illustrates why the Playoff ruined this sport

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Of course Okie State chokes, opening the door for those gots from Ohio St again

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    At what point does Georgia lose so badly they are replaced in the CFP by another major 1 loss team?

And if the answer is none, then that illustrates why the Playoff ruined this sport
    If there had been other 1 loss power 5 teams that won their conf championship (like possibly Michigan if they beat Iowa), Georgia might have been out.
    If ND had not played Cinn, and they both won all their games, Georgia might have been out.

Weird year. Pac 12, ACC, Big 12 offered no alternatives.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Of course Okie State chokes, opening the door for those gots from Ohio St again
    No way Ohio st gets in.
    Ok ST. lost their best player so Baylor had a good chance and they took it well. Baylor did not have their starting QB. Those were two weak teams that got weaker by the time the conf championship was played.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Or it illustrates disparity in college football and the need for more playoff teams

Or it illustrates disparity in college football and the need for more playoff teams
    This.
    Pretty difficult to penalize SEC GA for it's 1 loss to Bama when you compare who the other teams 1 loss was against.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Team gets trashed in Conference le Game and it's meaningless

Clearly the sport has lost the plot

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    This.
    Pretty difficult to penalize SEC GA for it's 1 loss to Bama when you compare who the other teams 1 loss was against.
    Irish lost to Undefeated team and earlier in the season. Also smaller margin of loss.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Team gets trashed in Conference le Game and it's meaningless

Clearly the sport has lost the plot
    Conference le games have been meaningless since day 1. Where have you been

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This.
    Looks like it may work out perfectly if Michigan wins. 4 teams and straightforward imo.

Ala
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Cincy

in no particular order. Except they will not pair Ala against Georgia in semifinal.

Notre Dame lost to Cincy.
    So that popular independent is out.

I think the best team throughout the year will be determined as properly as possible given the above.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Conference le games have been meaningless since day 1. Where have you been
    If the Conference le Game doesn't matter then neither does the regular season. Making this sport 95% pointless. I grew up watching "Every game matters". Where fans cried after losses in September.

I vividly remember those historic upsets. I can't even tell you who was in the CFB playoff within the past couple years. They lost the plot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If the Conference le Game doesn't matter then neither does the regular season. Making this sport 95% pointless. I grew up watching "Every game matters". Where fans cried after losses in September.

I vividly remember those historic upsets. I can't even tell you who was in the CFB playoff within the past couple years. They lost the plot.
    This is a problem. Early season losses even less meaningful.
    If you want to find out who the best team is after the END of the regular season have 4 regular season games that maybe only count in seeding and have one giant tournament. You could easily accommodate 128 team tournament. even 256

Maybe just go way back to a few major bowls and have multiple teams claim National Championships ... the other extreme that probably was kinds fun I guess. I have read some press articles about Penn St. getting livid when Texas won partially due to Nixon. That must have been weird.

I think Texas ATM has claimed some National Championships around the time Magellan was sailing.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If the Conference le Game doesn't matter then neither does the regular season. Making this sport 95% pointless.
    This is re ed. No other sport has "conference le games" but the regular season matters in all other sports, including pro football. You're just rambling.
    Last edited by Blake; 12-04-2021 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Barstool couldn't rescue Coach Prime from this primetime beat down

Thread Information