Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tied a Spurs record with that 11-11, along with Fabricio Oberto. Also, the first Spur to drop 30 in a game this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Time to sell high” takes coming in 3..2..1…

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Time to sell high” takes coming in 3..2..1…
    Obviously if the right deal presents itself and we need the filler but role players like this are the exact type of glue guys we need if we can find a more prudent way to add a needle moving player.

I’d rather look to FA or the draft than gut out team for someone else’s malcontent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously if the right deal presents itself and we need the filler but role players like this are the exact type of glue guys we need if we can find a more prudent way to add a needle moving player.

I’d rather look to FA or the draft than gut out team for someone else’s malcontent.
    Yeah, selling high makes sense when there's actual value to be extracted out of it. No team is s ing out a FRP over Bates-Diop dropping 30 on the Geriatric Fakers. He's worth much more to the Spurs than other teams, especially given the lack of depth we have at PF.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see this coming at all. My main gripe with KBD was that he brought as little on offense as Forbes does on defense, but last night certainly proved that wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I'm concerned, KDB earned his contract salary just by helping us bend over LBJ and the Lakers to close out Staples era. Anything else he does will be gravy now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But think what Samanic could have done in Staples.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tied a Spurs record with that 11-11, along with Fabricio Oberto. Also, the first Spur to drop 30 in a game this year.
    This one was a little better, given that he hit a few threes as well. Although if I'm not mistaken, Fabricio hit all of his free throws that game. I miss Fabi, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I'm concerned, KDB earned his contract salary just by helping us bend over LBJ and the Lakers to close out Staples era. Anything else he does will be gravy now.
    Facts. I don't think he's a very good player, but he earned his stripes last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts. I don't think he's a very good player, but he earned his stripes last night.
    Last night was pretty lucky hitting 11-11 fg. But he plays very good defense, he has length and size, and last night he showed that he could score. Spurs found another Danny Green imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was pretty lucky hitting 11-11 fg. But he plays very good defense, he has length and size, and last night he showed that he could score. Spurs found another Danny Green imo.
    I think the only part that was truly lucky was the 3-3 three pointers. Everything else came within the offense on cuts and pick and rolls. He scored a lot because he played a lot of minutes, mostly at center when LA went with LeBron at Center. No shot blocker kind of opened the basket to him. Of the other 8 baskets, I think they were mostly layups or dunks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only part that was truly lucky was the 3-3 three pointers. Everything else came within the offense on cuts and pick and rolls. He scored a lot because he played a lot of minutes, mostly at center when LA went with LeBron at Center. No shot blocker kind of opened the basket to him. Of the other 8 baskets, I think they were mostly layups or dunks.
    KBD has great length, likes to play defense, great at ude and seems to be a hard worker, and last night showed is very capable of scoring. I wonder if he’s just a late bloomer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But think what Samanic could have done in Staples.
    Miss a couple of coverages, make one play to keep you intrigued about his potential.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This man is wise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD has great length, likes to play defense, great at ude and seems to be a hard worker, and last night showed is very capable of scoring. I wonder if he’s just a late bloomer.
    7’3.5” wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really flourishes in a small ball 5 role, I think that makes him a lot more effective than playing him at the 4. I was impressed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really flourishes in a small ball 5 role, I think that makes him a lot more effective than playing him at the 4. I was impressed
    Certainly offensively, but even in today’s game, those instances are few and far between. It took AD being out, Howard and Jordan not playing that well, and Jakob putting a lid on their rim for them to play micro ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to make a noise for KBD at starting PF. I really think he's a better cover than Keldon, and allow Poeltl to stay with his man. I've said in another thread, DJM, Primo, Vassell, KBD and Poeltl together, I'd play that defense against any team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to make a noise for KBD at starting PF. I really think he's a better cover than Keldon, and allow Poeltl to stay with his man. I've said in another thread, DJM, Primo, Vassell, KBD and Poeltl together, I'd play that defense against any team.
    As much as I love having an Actual PF paired along Jakob, and you know how much that is, I really don't see KBD being an answer. Besides a player with size, you need a scoring player paired alongside Jak, who can either call his own number, shoot the piss outta the ball, or make plays to get buckets for everyone else. KBD really does neither, just stands around on offense and gets fed bunnies at most... We don't have the guard firepower to make up for that difference, IMO.

Where Keldon loses you defense, he at least gives you offensive production (or did, before he fell off a cliff inexplicably). That said, I'd like to see the Spurs trade for a PF - if it doesn't intervene with the tank too much. At the end of the day, I'd rather see Banchero there than any of these other options, TBQH.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I love having an Actual PF paired along Jakob, and you know how much that is, I really don't see KBD being an answer. Besides a player with size, you need a scoring player paired alongside Jak, who can either call his own number, shoot the piss outta the ball, or make plays to get buckets for everyone else. KBD really does neither, just stands around on offense and gets fed bunnies at most... We don't have the guard firepower to make up for that difference, IMO.

Where Keldon loses you defense, he at least gives you offensive production (or did, before he fell off a cliff inexplicably). That said, I'd like to see the Spurs trade for a PF - if it doesn't intervene with the tank too much. At the end of the day, I'd rather see Banchero there than any of these other options, TBQH.
    mt favorite PF to trade for would be Boucher. He can shoot and also plays defense. dont think it would cost much to get him as Toronto seems to keep knocking him down and if he doesnt work he is a FA at end of season. He is a little older then our team though but not by much,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mt favorite PF to trade for would be Boucher. He can shoot and also plays defense. dont think it would cost much to get him as Toronto seems to keep knocking him down and if he doesnt work he is a FA at end of season. He is a little older then our team though but not by much,
    He's not a "PF". He's got the body type of a big wing mixed with the skill set of a center, which renders him bereft of a true defensive position. He's also a career 33.5% 3-point shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I appreciate KBD filling the gap for the time being, but let's be honest....dude is a GLeague player who is getting a chance at another contract right now.

If you look at the glory teams of Spurs past....KBD would be lucky to be on them, and if he was, he'd be the 15th man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a "PF". He's got the body type of a big wing mixed with the skill set of a center, which renders him bereft of a true defensive position. He's also a career 33.5% 3-point shooter.
    what do you think most big wngs are now? they play PF. as opposed to skill set what skills are you talking about. 33.55 really is not a bad 3 pt %

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you think most big wngs are now? they play PF. as opposed to skill set what skills are you talking about. 33.55 really is not a bad 3 pt %
    But he doesn't really have the ball skills to credibly play the four. He has one (last) season being a legit threat from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD is a nice end of bench player but lmao at being a starter on anything but a tanking team

Thread Information