Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, even OKC was stupid enough to pass and trade to the Rox.

Like Duren. Detroit got him for a song.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does this alternate universe look like?

Sengun isn’t a centerpiece who increases the win total of a team by himself so our draft positions the last two years likely stay the same.

Who would the Spurs draft instead of Sochan?

Does this mean they don’t draft Wemba this year if they land the #1 pick in that universe? Or does it mean they do and Sengun gets relegated to a bench piece?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good write up
    He reminds me a bit of Vučević- also drafted 16th-offensive skills are somewhat different- but same conundrum- what to do with him defensively

Hindsight is 20/20 and the draft is far from an exact science- but Primo is turning out to be a really bad pick and several teams should have gone after Sengun- not just the Spurs.
    Sengun is going to be one of those interesting players once his rookie contract is up= Skilled productive and flawed ( I just don't see that defense get any better)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun was a no brainer for the regular fan who doesn't get paid to overthink stuff. But he's not likely to be a franchise cornerstone, so while it hurts we need to get over it and not repeat the same idi0tic mistake of falling in love with a guy over a handful of talent depleted combine games and 5 minutes of coached interviews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, even OKC was stupid enough to pass and trade to the Rox.
    OKC shouldn't set the bar for anything draft related: they've missed so much that you could put all names on a board, give a few darts to a blindfolded drunk a$$hole and still hit better prospects.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have been the pick over Primo. He has the type of offensive skill that you can run your entire offense through. A very poor man's Jokic who could turn out to be an upper middle class man's Jokic. Good news for us is that he won't reach his full potential in houston where they have to many chuckers to ever really turn the keys of the offense over to him, so we might get a chance to right this wrong down the line in free agency, after we fail to draft Tall Tony Parker of course...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice write-up. First off, I believe Scola could've given Timmy another 1-2 more rings (possibly) tying or eclipsing MJ's count, and possibly putting Timmy in GOAT conversion (19 straight playoffs, etc). He could've banged with Gasol and cancelled Kobe's 4th and tying 5th ring. Scola could've banged with the likes of Zach Randolph, Ibaka, etc, instead of Dejuan Blair's silly teardrops Scola was the perfect big body to pair with Timmy, and could've really help Timmy, even prolonging Timmy's career (if that was even more possible). Worst of all, it was all about the money that Spurs didn't want to pay and having already Splitter. That said, would Sengun have the same possible outcome? I don't know. Spurs no longer have a Timmy (nor the big 3) to pair with. Would Sengun have the same impact now? I doubt with the rebuilding team. He doesn't move the needle, especially in the modern NBA with fast mobile bigs who can step-out to shoot 3's. Sengun is not.

I had a long time reconciling with Primo's pick. And when finally did, he exposed himself. It's like swimming all night just to die at the shore. But it was a big swing that Spurs had to take, but unfortunately a big miss that splat in their face. Nevertheless, it was a necessary move to gamble what they thought could be a franchise player. Sengun will never be. I don't see the same magnitude as the Scola mishap. And no point to cry over spilt milk for me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is not a no brainer when it comes to team building. Trey Murphy III might be the bigger miss if he ever showed self creation. I have watched a fair share of HOU games he gets carved up. Once a team decides to target him he gets benched thus the low minutes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herb jones is the one that got away- from a few teams tbh…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola hurts because he could have helped add another le or two. Sengun doesn’t strike me as that kind of difference maker. Yes, Sengun would have been a better pick than Primo, but so would almost anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was the pick over Sengun because of his supposed "franchise player upside" (something Sengun was not thought to possess), which we may never see now given the way things have unfolded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Salivating over an offensive foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bait post from timvp. Spursfan are still hurt they lost dwayne dedmon. Im sure even G league standout JAMES Wiseman an can do a nasty dunk too. The spurs, correctly know how to build a team. They've been dumper diving BIGS all year and probably have a contract number for poetle to stay. No sign they regret picking Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sengun looks like he's in slow motion even when he's not in slow motion. glad collins is okay though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Creative article and I respect the hustle but damn it’s getting spooky out here when this is all we have to discuss!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TiMVP on the Sengun bandwagon now?

That being said, I don't remember anybody saying Sengun would be a MVP or franchise changer. But what we did say (and were proven 100% correct) was that Sengun was a better pick than Josh PPrimo.

Sengun is a nice solid bench player to have on your team that is smart, plays high energy, and can put the ball in the basket. He also looks for others and can for brief stretches have the offense run through him. That's all you can really ask for a bench player. He might stay what he is now or he might improve and get used to the speed on the NBA defensively. Really he just needs to learn positioning better. I'm not sure the Rockets even give a flip about defense though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ and Primo is out of the league. Even if he wasn’t rocking out with his out PATFO got that wrong. One of many mis-steps in the last 5 years.

Anti-sniffers rejoice!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ and Primo is out of the league. Even if he wasn’t rocking out with his out PATFO got that wrong. One of many mis-steps in the last 5 years.

Anti-sniffers rejoice!!
    Just wanted to say hi! Primo couldn’t keep it in his pants and dudes on here can’t keep him out their mouth��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does this alternate universe look like?

Sengun isn’t a centerpiece who increases the win total of a team by himself so our draft positions the last two years likely stay the same.

Who would the Spurs draft instead of Sochan?
    All reasonable points...but at the end of the day, the Primo pick was a complete waste of a #12 pick. ANY other player in that range would have been better simply for the fact that they would still be playing with the team or, at the very least, be a trade asset.

The Primo pick was a draft failure of monumental proportions. Even worse than Samanic...and that's saying something. The fact those two were drafted just two years apart is definitely a black mark on Wright's resume.

Does this mean they don’t draft Wemba this year if they land the #1 pick in that universe? Or does it mean they do and Sengun gets relegated to a bench piece?
    If you have a chance to get Wemby, you take it and figure out the rest later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is not a no brainer when it comes to team building. Trey Murphy III might be the bigger miss if he ever showed self creation. I have watched a fair share of HOU games he gets carved up. Once a team decides to target him he gets benched thus the low minutes.
    Good take. Trey is good and more consistent with the modern NBA trend. I like sengun but he’s in that mold of Randel, Jollins, etc. — undersized bigs that suck ass on D. In other words the opposite of the nba trend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to say hi! Primo couldn’t keep it in his pants and dudes on here can’t keep him out their mouth��
    Set yourself up here man but I digress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as passing on Sengun was I would still rate passing on Haliburton a bigger screw up. Haliburton is turning into a franchise player and the best player of that draft. Just what the Spurs were trying to get with Primo. I am becoming more and more convinced that the Spurs aren't better than anyone else in assessing talent. They do seem to develop it better once they have it thus giving the illusion that they are better at assessing players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had Murray and White and so, selecting Vassell over Haliburton wasn't such a mistake. Vassell is shaping up well too and Haliburton, while being a great PG isn't necessarily that better than Vassell overall.

That said, I was one of the Spurs fans who thought Sengun was a no brainer. Primo was mostly a dud in his first season but there were some hopes that he would learn the ropes in season 2. Sad how it all ended up. Sengun was the better choice even if Primo's exposure case didn't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my first reaction to the primo pick was a state of shock because i was expecting to hear sengun's name and instead heard a name that i had nowhere on my list of possible picks. i wound up deferring to the spurs FO and figured they knew something about primo that other's didn't. of course, as it turns out, only primo knew something about himself that no one else did.

Thread Information