Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm. So who are we gonna cut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this isn't an X-10 deal, since I believe that those can only be one-year contracts. That means KBD is officially competing for a roster spot. The team should have an open two-way slot to use, hopefully on a depth PG. They were looking way overloaded on wings before this -- which is almost absurd to consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if my count is right....

Murray/Jones/Primo
    White/Walker/Forbes
    Johnson/Vassell/Samanic/Beta-Diop
    Young/McDermott/Collins/Aminu
    Poeltl/Landale/Eubanks

2-way: Wieskamp, ???

Still leaves us at 17? I think Aminu is obviously on the chopping block, but who else?

Somehow we went from overloaded on guards to overloaded on power forwards
    Last edited by Dex; 09-07-2021 at 10:18 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if my count is right....

Murray/Jones/Primo
    White/Walker/Forbes
    Johnson/Vassell/Samanic/Diop
    Young/McDermott/Collins/Aminu
    Poeltl/Landale/Eubanks

2-way: Wieskamp, ???

Still leaves us at 17? I think Aminu is obviously on the chopping block, but who else?

Somehow we went overloaded on guards to overloaded on power forwards
    A trade remains possible. But now that Hutch is cut, it's clear guys some Spurs fans assume were completely safe aren't. The Spurs had no incentive to sign KBD at all if they didn't think he has a chance to make the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade remains possible. But now that Hutch is cut, it's clear guys some Spurs fans assume were completely safe aren't. The Spurs had no incentive to sign KBD at all if they didn't think he has a chance to make the team.
    Especially on a two-year deal. Maybe that was just good bargaining by his agent, but it's hard to see them inking him to multiple years just to cut him in camp. Guess it remains to be seen how much of that is guaranteed though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked KBD play last year. Nice bench player who can hit open threes. He didn’t try to do too much out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially on a two-year deal. Maybe that was just good bargaining by his agent, but it's hard to see them inking him to multiple years just to cut him in camp. Guess it remains to be seen how much of that is guaranteed though.
    Oh no, the years definitely came from the Spurs. KBD had no negotiating leverage to demand guaranteed money. The length was the trade-off for not having to take a two-way deal.

That said, I think if SA knew they were going to cut him, they wouldn't jerk him around like this. If he's cut from this, he's a UFA. No, automatic two-way conversion. No d-league rights. All gone. MAYBE he's just insurance against a trade, but I think he's got a real chance, which means Sam, Eubanks and Landale are officially on notice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe the spurs will have two separate squads-black squad and silver squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This all would seem so much simpler if we hadn't signed Forbes.

Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Diop. He’s athletic who has a nose for the ball, and can occasionally hit the 3. It’s a success story for this kid who’s been severally cut but persisted. Insurance for Samanic getting traded?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure this changes anything as far as the roster goes... I mean we could clear things up with a big trade...and then again we could just waive Aminu and trade Thad into space somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to be clear, KBD last name isn't "Diop". It's Bates-Diop. Just like KAT's first name isn't "Karl". It's Karl-Anthony. I'm all for nicknames and stuff, but when a person has a hyphenated name, you can't just lop one off. It'd be like calling Murray, De. Sure, as a nickname it's cool, but it's not like De is his first name, Jounte his middle and Murray his last.

Not going at anyone in particular with that, but I did just fine it important to get out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure this changes anything as far as the roster goes... I mean we could clear things up with a big trade...and then again we could just waive Aminu and trade Thad into space somewhere.
    Into space... somewhere...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to be clear, KBD last name isn't "Diop". It's Bates-Diop. Just like KAT's first name isn't "Karl". It's Karl-Anthony. I'm all for nicknames and stuff, but when a person has a hyphenated name, you can't just lop one off. It'd be like calling Murray, De. Sure, as a nickname it's cool, but it's not like De is his first name, Jounte his middle and Murray his last.

Not going at anyone in particular with that, but I did just fine it important to get out there.
    Yeah my bad, I got lazy and didn't feel like going back and fixing it That's why I just stick with KBD most of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs suck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald is now saying it was a 2-way contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This roster makes no sense... I guess we will see what the plan is soon but maybe some needs to remind Mr. Wrong that we have to many players because there is a good chance he doesn't realize this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he played solidly in the few minutes he got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now he's deleted it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take a one more two - way - with the possibly of a better offer next offseason - then possibly having to cut him, Landale or Eubanks.

Happy the guy is back cause he brings more youth (still only 25 yrs. old), defensive versatility and size that the team sorely lacks.

Now he's deleted it...

Damn it! Getting my hopes up that they found a way to retain all the young 3's, 4's and 5's for nothing.

Well, hopefully they'll figure it out soon cause I'd like to see them keep a lot the young interior guys and have them compete for time/roles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hhha why are the guaranteeing all of these end of bench 12-15th red shirts when we don’t have the space? We are lottery bound for the foreseeable future how many make a wish players can we sign? The big boy team is slowly turning into the Austin Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not be surprised at all if this re ed FO flat out cut Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hhha why are the guaranteeing all of these end of bench 12-15th red shirts when we don’t have the space? We are lottery bound for the foreseeable future how many make a wish players can we sign? The big boy team is slowly turning into the Austin Spurs.
    This is such a stupid take.

You gotta get creative and find diamonds in the rough (Bruce Bowen), reclamation projects (Stephen Jackson) & overseas talent (Aron Baynes) to fill out your roster too.

There is a thing where you need 15 - 17 when including 2 - Way deals - players and having depth is good. It might not be great depth, yet, but they have to find good or servicable talent to get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. He was much more prepared and effective in limited time than some other players (coughSamaniccough) last year.

Thread Information