Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hammon, the Stanford guy, and now this fellow. Most unheralded assistants in the league I'd imagine
    year after year of assistant coaches getting poached... i mean the spurs bench should just be called an academy for fast tracking advancement in coaching...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, yeah, he did fine in the G League, but seriously, we must have the worst assistant resumes of any coaching staff in the league.
    and yet at the end of the year we'll just have becky and chip again lol

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, yeah, he did fine in the G League, but seriously, we must have the worst assistant resumes of any coaching staff in the league.
    He was lead assistant to one of rhe most successful coaches in Trevor Gleeson and team in the Perth wildcats of the nbl. The won 3 les in 4years . Also the lead assistant to Brian Goorgjon who just lead the boomers to their first medal.

Being following the nbl since 87. Would have to say Goorjon is the best coach ever in australian basketball in my era at the least. Point being Neilson has worked for both coaches bringing a wealth of experience and success with him .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was lead assistant to one of rhe most successful coaches in Trevor Gleeson and team in the Perth wildcats of the nbl. The won 3 les in 4years . Also the lead assistant to Brian Goorgjon who just lead the boomers to their first medal.

Being following the nbl since 87. Would have to say Goorjon is the best coach ever in australian basketball in my era at the least. Point being Neilson has worked for both coaches bringing a wealth of experience and success with him .
    Well that's great. Maybe Pop's strategy is to not load up on coaches with name recognition in the U.S., so they don't get snatched up too quickly. I'm sure Nielson will be good. It's interesting that we don't have more of a former NBA talent presence on the bench with such a young team was basically all I was getting at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Goorgian and Lindsay gaze were both better than Brett Brown. Matty Nielson was a fierce compe or and I'm sure he's up for the gig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's great. Maybe Pop's strategy is to not load up on coaches with name recognition in the U.S., so they don't get snatched up too quickly. I'm sure Nielson will be good. It's interesting that we don't have more of a former NBA talent presence on the bench with such a young team was basically all I was getting at.
    Well the much derided Forbes signing may be part of that thinking.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the much derided Forbes signing may be part of that thinking.
    I would have no problem with Forbes wearing a suit and carrying a clipboard at all times, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice addition to the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI: Becky's #25 jersey is being retired today as we speak, during the half time game between the LV Aces & the Dallas Wings on NBA TV!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI: Becky's #25 jersey is being retired today as we speak, during the half time game between the LV Aces & the Dallas Wings on NBA TV!
    So, the Connecticut team, which was the Silver Stars, moved to Vegas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the Connecticut team, which was the Silver Stars, moved to Vegas?

Actually, they began as the Utah Starzz, out of Salt Lake, then to SA, now to Las Vegas. Becky was drafted to the Liberty & later traded to the then Silver Stars.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grats beck

Thread Information