Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that a gnat? Thought I heard something buzzing.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is that a gnat? Thought I heard something buzzing.
    Nah, they was just selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird hepa is of unknown origin, but one common correlation is recent COVID infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diabetes, scarlet fever, rheumatoid arthritis and MICS (Kawasaki syndrome) are other examples of superantigen mediated diseases. If COVID is another, that would seem to be a very good reason to prevent transmission (i.e., cases). A airborne disease that weakens immunity and causes autoimmunity with repeated infections is to be avoided, if at all possible.

Another correlation pointed out in the linked threads is that the pediatric liver failures clocked so far have occurred in unvaccinated children -- it's a shame there's not a national push to protect them so that we can better live with COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that living with COVID in the USA means living supine to the spread of an airborne disease with chronic dimensions without any thought of the short, medium and long term damage, forgoing all available mitigation.

Total wishcasting.

Reality is that which, when you wish it gone, remains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US count has passed the historical number of war dead and highway deaths respectively --- in roughly two years. Also beat the so called Spanish Flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But go ahead, explain how this is normal and not a national catastrophe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's piss poor management of COVID rekt his reelection. Could happen to Biden too, tbh.

Even though y'all are done with COVID, it ain't done with y'all -- us -- yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::
    1,027,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as
    "I will shut it down." Biden
    squats in the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pediatric Covid

Child gets sick. Child gets better.

Pediatric Covid.

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You left out long COVID and the kids that did die, well over a thousand.

Did COVID shrink your brain, or were you already an idiot?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::
    1,027,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as
    "I will shut it down." Biden
    squats in the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the US, nearly six times more kids and teens died from Covid in one year than did from the flu, according to a new analysis of pediatric mortality data. Millions of kids get sick with the seasonal flu each year. But although it can be dangerous — especially for those who are unvaccinated — it’s much less lethal than Covid. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data, childhood flu deaths during the regular season have ranged from 39 to 199 since 2004. Meanwhile, in 2021 alone, more than 600 children died from Covid-19, according to the analysis done by Jeremy Faust, a professor at Harvard University Medical School and physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsl...s-than-the-flu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The neurological dimension of COVID might take on world-historical importance, given the prevalence of infection.

Babies born to mothers who suffered COVID-19 disease during pregnancy seem to exhibit differences in neurodevelopmental outcomes at 6 weeks, according to a preliminary analysis presented in the 30th European Congress of Psychiatry.

Project Leader Dr. Rosa Ayesa Arriola said: "Not all babies born to mothers infected with COVID show neurodevelopmental differences, but our data shows that their risk is increased in comparison to those not exposed to COVID in the womb. We need a bigger study to confirm the exact extent of the difference."

Researchers found that babies born to mothers who had been infected show greater difficulties in relaxing and adapting their bodies when they are being held, when compared to infants from non-infected mothers, especially when infection took place in late pregnancy. Moreover, infants born from infected mothers tend to show greater difficulty in controlling head and shoulder movement. These alterations suggest a possible COVID-19 effect on motor function (movement control).

The results come from an initial evaluation of the Spanish COGESTCOV-19 project, which followed the course of pregnancy and baby development in mothers infected with COVID-19. The researchers are presenting the data on pregnancy and post-natal assessment at 6 weeks after birth, but the project will continue to see if there are longer-term effects. The group will monitor infant language and motor development between 18 and 42 months old.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-...lopmental.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The neurological dimension of COVID might take on world-historical importance, given the prevalence of infection.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-...lopmental.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed, acknowledging how widespread the various chronic, debilitating sequelae of viral infection are -- not just an issue with COVID, btw -- would require much more emphasis on public health and public health administration.

"suffer in silence, then die sooner" appears to be the unstated ethic here. much the same under Biden as Trump, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed, acknowledging how widespread the various chronic, debilitating sequelae of viral infection are -- not just an issue with COVID, btw -- would require much more emphasis on public health and public health administration.

"suffer in silence, then die sooner" appears to be the unstated ethic here. much the same under Biden as Trump, tbh.
    Not just an issue with COVID but COVID is more wide reaching than anything we've seen before. I think we're just scratching the surface on what's going to prove to have more long term negative health consequences than anything we've ever seen. Just from a personal level, I know several people that have developed diabetes, Thyroid problems, constant brain fog, etc. after having COVID. And none of these people had the immediate life threatening symptoms. And I'd say about half were vaxxed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully there's a methodological problem or some kind of error here, it would be terrible if this turns out to be right, millions of kids have been infected already, millions more will be.

We report two distinct patterns of potentially long COVID-19 liver manifestations in children with common clinical, radiological, and histopathological characteristics after a thorough workup excluded other known etiologies.
    https://journals.lww.com/jpgn/abstra...ildren.84.aspx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID infection correlates to increased risks for blood clots, heart problems, kidney failure, and Type 1 diabetes.

n=800,000

Compared with patients aged 0–17 years without previous COVID-19, those with previous COVID-19 had higher rates of acute pulmonary embolism (adjusted hazard ratio = 2.01), myocarditis and cardiomyopathy (1.99), venous thromboembolic event (1.87), acute and unspecified renal failure (1.32), and type 1 diabetes (1.23), all of which were rare or uncommon in this study population.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7131a3.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Associated with new onset Diabetes-1

In this study, new T1D diagnoses were more likely to occur among pediatric patients with prior COVID-19 than among those with other respiratory infections (or with other encounters with health systems). Respiratory infections have previously been associated with onset of T1D,6 but this risk was even higher among those with COVID-19 in our study, raising concern for long-term, post–COVID-19 autoimmune complications among youths. Study limitations include potential biases owing to the observational and retrospective design of the electronic health record analysis, including the possibility of misclassification of diabetes as type 1 vs type 2, and the possibility that additional unidentified factors accounted for the association. Results should be confirmed in other populations. The increased risk of new-onset T1D after COVID-19 adds an important consideration for risk-benefit discussions for prevention and treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infection in pediatric populations.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2796649

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The masking in school is a no brainer for kids who want to stay in school and not get behind during flu season.
    I guess it depends on how seriously kids take their HS experience. Mine happened to be pretty important for the step up to college.
    I have never had the flu but remember very well what it did to class size. I liked the teachers who kept teaching. It felt stupid to go to school and be told there are too many people out, we will do nothing today. Why the fk am I here? Let us go outside or go to the gym or something. Did get homework done for classes in some cases. But I could have done that at home. Kinda like HW is supposed to be.

I will digress and say I did not miss college classes either. Especially during and after Soph year where the upper division classes were much tougher.
    All in all kids need to be in school though. At least give them a chance because their parents are not going to teach them math or foreign language in most cases. And the basic lifetime learning and socialization during the early grades is super important imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The masking in school is a no brainer for kids who want to stay in school and not get behind during flu season.
    I guess it depends on how seriously kids take their HS experience. Mine happened to be pretty important for the step up to college.
    I have never had the flu but remember very well what it did to class size. I liked the teachers who kept teaching. It felt stupid to go to school and be told there are too many people out, we will do nothing today. Why the fk am I here? Let us go outside or go to the gym or something. Did get homework done for classes in some cases. But I could have done that at home. Kinda like HW is supposed to be.

I will digress and say I did not miss college classes either. Especially during and after Soph year where the upper division classes were much tougher.
    All in all kids need to be in school though. At least give them a chance because their parents are not going to teach them math or foreign language in most cases. And the basic lifetime learning and socialization during the early grades is super important imo.
    Masking, filtration and air quality monitoring should be the norm not just for schools, but for any indoor work environment. If we ever get transmission under control, masking could be phased out, but air filtration and monitoring should remain.

Indoor air quality should be to the 21st century what water sanitation was to to the 20th.

Thread Information