View Poll Results: ready to trade derrick?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, move on

48 53.93%
  • no, keep him

41 46.07%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U fell for it again... Like an abused wife when her husband brings flowers... White plays well for 20 games a season, and y'all keep holding on to hope that he will be consistent m.. it never happens
    Says the ugly girlfriend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the ugly girlfriend
    Ummm... Ok, I guess... brilliant basketball analysis...Go off bro...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White didn't have to grow as much as Murray but they're equals now. He's consistent barring injury I can't recall him slumping without injury

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    solid contract... deadline is around 45 days away. should be traded before he gets hurt again the second half of this season / next season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    seems like a good dude though and i'd be really surprised if pop moved him this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Derrick. If only he were consistent and more durable. As it stands, if the right deal came along, I'd probably include him if that's what it took to get the deal done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it before. Derrick is the most skilled player in this team, but he plays “too nice.” I bet if he really wants to, he could be the “head of the snake.” He defers too much. He needs to be more selfish and take over games, dunk the ball and draw contacts. He is the most capable player in the squad to draw fouls and get to the line, get people out of their game. I know he’s not scared because time and again he draws charges against big guys even. I think he’s another player who needs to hang-around Manu and learn when to be aggressive and when to take over games. I like Derrick, but he needs to play more like an Alpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it before. Derrick is the most skilled player in this team, but he plays “too nice.” I bet if he really wants to, he could be the “head of the snake.” He defers too much. He needs to be more selfish and take over games, dunk the ball and draw contacts. He is the most capable player in the squad to draw fouls and get to the line, get people out of their game. I know he’s not scared because time and again he draws charges against big guys even. I think he’s another player who needs to hang-around Manu and learn when to be aggressive and when to take over games. I like Derrick, but he needs to play more like an Alpha.
    He has had every opportunity to step up and seldom does. He is a bad 3pt shooter and has lost his sneaky athleticism. Continues to offer many intangibles however and could be used as an important contract/player to help facilitate a larger deal. With the backlog of players at the guard position he and Walker are
    my first choices to move if an opportunity presents itself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a little surprised that Cleveland didn't try and acquire White after Rubio went down. They went and took Rondo out of the bargain bin instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I watch spurs games these days…

i am reminded of certain sure things in life …especially when I see D White getting ready to shoot;

water is wet
    sky is blue
    republi- s are traitors to this country

and

Derrick will miss the ing shot-

injury incoming- trade his ass now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy shooting .25 from 3 is the most skilled player on the team? Man some of you love to overrate this guy. I think they should actively be shopping white. They have too many guards and while I think he a great defender and a good guard he's the one that it makes the most sense to trade given talent, contract band age. Especially if Lonnie finishes out the season playing as he is now. I believe Devin has a much higher ceiling than white and with primo also in the pipeline I don't see any way to keep all 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always wonder why st gave Patty so much for years for his contract and never blinks at White with a much bigger contract disappearing so often.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Derrick. If only he were consistent and more durable. As it stands, if the right deal came along, I'd probably include him if that's what it took to get the deal done.
    +1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I watch spurs games these days…

i am reminded of certain sure things in life …especially when I see D White getting ready to shoot;

water is wet
    sky is blue
    republi- s are traitors to this country

and

Derrick will miss the ing shot-

injury incoming- trade his ass now!
    Obviously someone who has never read the Cons ution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still ready. Gotta trade before he hurts himself again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick should be traded only for a player who could reasonably be seen as part of a winning Spurs team in two years. If you can’t get that, a trade would be pointless.

Eye on the prize: a winning team. A possible trade for Derrick is not just about him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy shooting .25 from 3 is the most skilled player on the team? Man some of you love to overrate this guy. I think they should actively be shopping white. They have too many guards and while I think he a great defender and a good guard he's the one that it makes the most sense to trade given talent, contract band age. Especially if Lonnie finishes out the season playing as he is now. I believe Devin has a much higher ceiling than white and with primo also in the pipeline I don't see any way to keep all 3.
    This is what I think too. He is good and does some good things but if we can get a better asset for him then lets go for it. He is also the oldest and probably easiest to replace. He could help out another team though. depending on who we could get from denver might not be a bad place for them as he would help them out this year and be good for them when murray comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a little surprised that Cleveland didn't try and acquire White after Rubio went down. They went and took Rondo out of the bargain bin instead.
    I was thinking Cleveland would be an ideal situation for him but I wouldnt be surprised if the offer price for White is stupid high and lets face it White simply isn’t that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to say that Derrick, with as much talent as he has and as I said coukd be the most skillful player in the squad, doesn’t have that “ump” to take-over games. Last night was a very good opportunity. He’s very much unlije DJM who’s vocal and willing to be the “head of the snake.” Not Derrick. He’s so inconsistent. I don’t doubt that he might play great tonight and then have another mediocre game the following. Primo seems to have that “alpha” mentality and might be a better fit next year if Spurs chose to package White and cashout. Earlier in the season I was for Derrick staying and Murray getting moved, but that has since changed with DJM continually working hard to elevate his game. Not Derrick unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a good player. He's also the biggest pussy I've ever seen since Kyle Anderson. He can't even takeover a game against the Pistons who play a bunch of G-League scrubs who never played in the NBA before. The guy was out there not even wanting to shoot the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does White have much trade value without packaging him with picks or the likes of Primo/Keldon/Vassell?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a team that is close or a team that has multiple draft picks he would be worth it. I will say this if all the PF are picked before us and Ivey falls into our lap I am drafting him without hesitation and at the same time seeing what i can get for White in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does White have much trade value without packaging him with picks or the likes of Primo/Keldon/Vassell?
    Is this a real life question?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white is like anderson big head....to scared do play of his role on the spurs...just wait til white gets traded, he chuck up more shots then he currently does....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white is like anderson big head....to scared do play of his role on the spurs...just wait til white gets traded, he chuck up more shots then he currently does....
    It’s always the case then they fall back to reality, except if the new team has better talents around like in the case of the Bulls. Then they bring out the best of the player. I wouldn’t diubt Derrick would excel with a contender who would take some of the weight off his shoulders and let him just play. That’s how I see Derrick. He doesn’t excel as the leader, he shies away. He’d be a very good role player. Shame because he has the most skills in the squad imo

Thread Information