View Poll Results: ready to trade derrick?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, move on

48 53.93%
  • no, keep him

41 46.07%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    maybe the dude finally stops getting hurt... but you can't afford to have someone so integral to the team to keep missing so much time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    then again, spurs aren't trying to win it all within the next three years. so him keep getting injured almost doesn't even matter in the short term.

hopefully he has the best season of his career... and then i'd move him before the deadline. get that trade value up. and then you don't have to worry about him getting injured in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ready to trade one of Murray and White. I don't think that back court works. If Pop actually played them together two years ago, we would have already known. Now pop is thinking, can they play together without DDR. Well not if Johnson is your sf. Maybe with McDermott though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him a lot but he’s already in his prime years, he’s not really a youngin anymore and the Spurs need to hunt in the draft for a star. He’s good when healthy and would be really helpful for a playoff team. He’s good enough to prevent a huge tankathon if healthy. Maybe boost up his stats and sell high if you can. If it’s a trade where the Spurs will get nothing worth the bother (like some team spare parts) the no. Finding the sweet spot where the trade would Be worth it is what GMs are paid for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries happen, and no one can predict them. We've seen our fortunes change before due to injury (Tim in 2000, Manu in 2011, Kawhi in 2017, etc.)

White has proven he can be a good-to-great player when he is healthy. Maybe not necessarily an All-Star, but a VERY good role player.

I'd keep him around another year, and try to see where he goes. If the injuries continue, time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is made of glass. I like him though and he’s my favorite player on the team. But nobody is untouchable to me. Including Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never want to give up on our good players ...i keep my fingers crossed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is so random.. what trade do you have in mind? ready to trade will depend who are we targeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Murray before White. You might get more because he is less prone to injury than white plus you might get someone who plays better with White (when he's healthy).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Derek a lot. He has the Manuesque unselfishness who will sacrifice his body to get the win, and not about padding stats. He’s a soldier and will just do it, unlike DJ who we’ve seen going against his coach in the huddle with the rookies watching. That was really a big turn-off at ude. Never have I seen the Big 3 go against Pop, especially Tony who always got pushed and barked at borderline abuse, not Timmy, nor Manu. Derek is the same. All that said, nobody in the current roster is a Star, except potentially Keldon, and Nobody is expendable. Yes. I would consider trading Derek to get a potential Star like Simmons, than maybe giving up both Lonnie and Samanic who possibly have higher ceilings. Derek is already 27 and seems to have already peaked. He is a rotation player, borderline 6th man of the year if coming from the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The business of rooting for ping-pong balls is a sad existence and rarely works. Everyone on the roster should, and probably is, available for the right price. Dumping guys for value to outright tank is stupid, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would move anyone and everyone for top of the line draft capital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like the dude a lot, but it's been a long couple of seasons since that denver playoff performance. If it's not natural inconsistency, it's injury related. I'm over counting on him and murray, hopefully I'm eating crow this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a nice trade chip along with Walker and Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is crazy IMO. Despite his injury history, he's the only consistent shot creator on the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb thread is dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year is going to be a make it or break it year for a few players...namely Murray, White, and Walker.

No more excuses about DeMar or Aldridge ball hogging, or Mills and Gay demanding shots off the bench. The vets are gone....these guys basically ARE the veterans on the team now.

It's time for all three of these guys to either put up or shut up. They deserve one full season to show what they got as a primary option, and then the Spurs can make decisions from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray never had the excuse of anyone ball-hogging. He's always been a high-usage player. I don't think it's a "make-or-break" year for either him or White though. Both of those guys lack star potential, and we don't need a season of them failing to be stars to know that. It's make-or-break year for Walker though. That's true. He badly needs to show offensive consistency, and while DeRozan wasn't his biggest impediment to success, he is poised to step into the scoring vacuum left by so many guys leaving. Both he and the team need him to provide points. As it stands now, he should be the top option on offense for the starters. Unfortunately, because Pope will probably start Murray and White, I feel that Walker will continue to not be aggressive and flounder. He's not a sixth man, but he's also not a tertiary ball-handler. Pop needs to force real opportunities on Lonnie, not leave it to the discretion of guys who pound the air out of the ball or call their own number way too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade. He doesn't move the needle. He's always hurt. He can be a really nice piece for a contender that doesn't rely on him as a top 2 roster piece...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent role player and a fine guard, but that doesn't matter if you never play. Don't see why guys here seem married to him. He's not a game changer. White merely raises the floor of this team in the rare instance when he actually sees the floor.

I feel the same way about the rest of our "great, young backcourt" - Lonnie, Murray, etc. Good, but not exactly stars and I wouldn't give two s if they were shown the front door.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray never had the excuse of anyone ball-hogging. He's always been a high-usage player. I don't think it's a "make-or-break" year for either him or White though. Both of those guys lack star potential, and we don't need a season of them failing to be stars to know that. It's make-or-break year for Walker though. That's true. He badly needs to show offensive consistency, and while DeRozan wasn't his biggest impediment to success, he is poised to step into the scoring vacuum left by so many guys leaving. Both he and the team need him to provide points. As it stands now, he should be the top option on offense for the starters. Unfortunately, because Pope will probably start Murray and White, I feel that Walker will continue to not be aggressive and flounder. He's not a sixth man, but he's also not a tertiary ball-handler. Pop needs to force real opportunities on Lonnie, not leave it to the discretion of guys who pound the air out of the ball or call their own number way too much.
    Someone finally said it, Walker should be the primary scoring option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge fan of White, unfortunately so is The Injury Bug.

I would definitely look into any and all trade offers......I do believe, had we drafted Haliburton last season, trading White would have been a forgone conclusion, especially with his medical history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The recent PR photos of the new guys taking in SA with DWhite and KJ made me wonder, where is Dejounte?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The recent PR photos of the new guys taking in SA with DWhite and KJ made me wonder, where is Dejounte?
    eating a rubbery cheesesteak after visiting 9 irish pubs lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is possibly our most valuable player (when he's not hurt) and has the the most trade value. I'd see what we could get for him. Maybe some team offers a lot. If no one values him like we do then we keep him. Its win win situation for us since we have him for a few more years. Yeah he's getting a little bit older but he is also getting a bit better and there lies the value in Derrick White.

Thread Information