View Poll Results: ready to trade derrick?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, move on

48 53.93%
  • no, keep him

41 46.07%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, he unfortunately should be shipped out while he can bring plus trade value. Spurs arent going anywhere and he doesnt seem to be the Spurs lifer that Dejounte talks about being. Of the two, you should keep one and trade one. Should be White, given his age and durability. And since hes a solid player on both ends, he should garner a 1st round pick for a playoff contender. Perhaps even his hometown Nuggets. Spurs always seem to find the right situation for their good guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be selling high on White. His contract is fair IMO and he could add immediate value to many playoff teams, eapecially those who jeed to shore up their back court defense. Solid player but we are already so deep at the guard spot with Primo and Tre Jones able to contribute solid backup minutes if need be.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, PATFO probably isn't even thinking about trading White. Other than that which teams would even be suitable trade partners?

Mavs? I don't want Porzingis and they have noone else Spurs could use.

Nuggets? MPJ signed a huge extension and I don't think he's worth it. I'm sure Derrick would like to go home and play for a contender.

Clippers? Again, they have nothing Spurs would be interested in.

Same goes for Pelicans, I doubt they'd be interested in trading Ingram.

Celtics won't trade Tatum/Brown and the rest of their roster is garbage.

That leaves us with three team trades and two somewhat realistic options...Sixers and Raptors.

Simmons is an en led piece of and until Sixers start seeing him as a negative asset, I wouldn't even pick up the phone.

Some days ago I suggested Siakam as a player PATFO should go for. Barnes looks like the best player in the draft right now, OG is also playing well, they don't really need Siakam anymore.
    They also want to get rid of his max contract because he's not good enough to be the first option.

White would be a perfect fit next to FVV and would fit their team well.
    Siakam is still in rehab, but he's close to returning, so maybe we'd be able to get him at a discount after a disappointing season and injury.
    I can't see a better fit fit that's not a completely unrealistic target.

Or we go with a surprise attack on Ayton. We're not getting him in FA, Suns will match any offer.
    CP3 is close to his expiration date, White would fit their team well.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    white shot 0 for 10 against okc.

who in spurs history has shot more than 10 times and didn't make a bucket?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be happy to send out everyone but Jock and Primo as we do not know what they can do. Everyone else on the team are destined to be journeymen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were some posters who said he peaked in that Denver series and he would never play that good again...

Those posters might be right...
    That Denver series was 3 seasons ago. people act like he's just been in a slump since then
    Last edited by spurraider21; 11-09-2021 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte's illegitimate father is ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be happy to send out everyone but Jock and Primo as we do not know what they can do. Everyone else on the team are destined to be journeymen.
    Keep Murray, an Vassell too. Everyone else can go. I like walker to stay too, but my 1st choices would be Keldon, white, an Thad Young yo see what we can land

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good Derrick White isn't worth trading.

Bad Derrick White isn't worth trading for.

(At least in the context of a Simmons deal)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PROBLEM with white is his too passive on offense, whether his afraid to shoot or trying to protect his fg%, fck that spurms need another scorer, not another chicken ....

the same can be said about murray, but but he needs shoot more or expand his range to a better fg%

imo vassell might exceed these 2 players if his given the green light to chuck...his not afraid to chuck...same can be said about keldon from what he has shown everytime he receives the ball, he aint passing that , his looking to score that easy fg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Kawhi , what dumbass Spurs fan would even think of wanting Simmons on this team. That fool is showing EVERYONE he's a mental midget that will quit on his whole team as soon as his feelings are hurt. An some of you stupid Muthasuckas want that fool. Some of yal sounds like a stupid female saying "He cheated on everyone else but he wouldn't do that to me, im special"... WTF

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    After the Kawhi , what dumbass Spurs fan would even think of wanting Simmons on this team. That fool is showing EVERYONE he's a mental midget that will quit on his whole team as soon as his feelings are hurt. An some of you stupid Muthasuckas want that fool. Some of yal sounds like a stupid female saying "He cheated on everyone else but he wouldn't do that to me, im special"... WTF
    lol, spurs need star power though.

best case scenario: simmons plays for spurs and gets his trade value way up before he decides he wants to be traded from the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, spurs need star power though.

best case scenario: simmons plays for spurs and gets his trade value way up before he decides he wants to be traded from the spurs.
    That trashy nicca couldn't the truth from Doc Rivers... How the could he play for Pop old school ass!?! I bet he couldn't last under Bob Knight.. He'd commit suicide.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright needs to call Minny and offer White for Naz Reid, Taurean Prince, and a 2nd rounder tbh.

Reid fits this team perfectly and can start next to Poeltl. He’s an 18 & 8 guy waiting to happen and those fools don’t know what they have. White would be a good fit for them and would be in his ideal role which is a 4th option that can defend.
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 11-11-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago and Sacramento need to trade Coby White and Marvin Bagley. I think Derrick White is a good fit in Chicago that is in Win mode and Coby White has a lot of potential. They can include Coby White and Derrick Jones to match salary.

Boston has a trade exception of 17M and they don't need to send players. They need a PF and good passers. Derrick or Thad are good fit.

Bagley is injury prone but worth the risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good Derrick White isn't worth trading.

Bad Derrick White isn't worth trading for.

(At least in the context of a Simmons deal)
    He is 27... He has more bad days than good days... He needs to go... Stop pretending he is in his first or second year and will turn a corner... He is who he is

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    -22 today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patience is a virtue. White takes a while to find rhythm. Never had a doubt. Dumb thread is dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see him actually look at the hoop as he is probing from the PnR. Harrell was absolutely ghastly defending it though so it's hard to take much from Derrick's performance really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This happens everytime... Y'all can't want to keep giving this dude chances when he has a good game every 3 games... That's not the consistency a winning team needs from it's starters... White needs to come off the bench or be traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago and Sacramento need to trade Coby White and Marvin Bagley. I think Derrick White is a good fit in Chicago that is in Win mode and Coby White has a lot of potential. They can include Coby White and Derrick Jones to match salary.

Boston has a trade exception of 17M and they don't need to send players. They need a PF and good passers. Derrick or Thad are good fit.

Bagley is injury prone but worth the risk.
    Bagley is a scrub that they’ve been trying to move for a year. He wasn’t offered an extension, and is barely playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When your peers and coaches believe in your ability, it speaks volumes.
    Bottom line, when Derrick plays well on both sides of the ball; Spurs tend to be in and win their fair share of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line, when Derrick plays well on both sides of the ball; Spurs tend to be in and win their fair share of games.
    Nobody in their right mind would argue this point.

The only doubt is in his ability to bring it consistently on the offensive side. He needs to prove that he can do it, otherwise it's time to either bench him or trade him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once he gets his rhythm he keeps it. The only times he loses it is when he has to stop playing. He is not an up n down player once he finds his rhythm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty thread.

Thread Information