Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Joe Johnson and Ginobili the old fashioned way-- using raw stats-- JJ comes out on top by a tiny bit. Using production per minute (or per 30 or 36 minutes), Ginobili jumps ahead in almost all categories-- ppg, apg, rpg, spg, etc... Using advanced stats like BPM and VORP, Ginobili enters an entirely different stratosphere from Johnson. JJ was a pretty good player in his time, but I think very very few scouts would hesitate for a second, given the choice between a 25 year old JJ and a 25 year old Manu, in choosing Manu.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_..._id2=johnsjo02

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has 5430 more career points and was a 6-time all-star while Manu was a 2-time all-star. There is no doubt in my mind Manu was the more talented player and the guy I wanted with the ball more when a big game was being decided, but he was also pretty injury prone in his prime which hurt his numbers a lot.
    HoF is much more about counting stats than efficiency. Manu was way more efficient but Tony played 40% more total minutes than Manu (46,037 vs 32,954, regular season and playoffs combined).

Luckily this isn't an either-or. Both should easily get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoF is much more about counting stats than efficiency. Manu was way more efficient but Tony played 40% more total minutes than Manu (46,037 vs 32,954, regular season and playoffs combined).

Luckily this isn't an either-or. Both should easily get in.
    Tony starting his NBA at a young age of 19, while Manu started late at 25. But I wonder how Manu would perform in the NBA at 19?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we even comparing Tony and Manu? They're both furute HOFers. \

This should just be a celebrate Manu thread!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a FBHOF in part due to the other options, but he is a hall of fame caliber player regardless. To many accomplishments.

Not to mention being a great person (from all accounts) makes his selection highly likely this year. Actually a lock IMHO.

There is no way another team will have a Spurs Big three in the future - with a league FULL of azzhats and drama queens. Xibron James is at the TOP of that list of people.

The one year in North Carolina should not even count for TP9. I consider him a Spurs lifer too.

I'm pretty sure he gets in next year. If Chrissy Paul is considered a hall of fame player - then Tony Parker is as well. The only time Chrissy Paul beat the Spurs in the POs was when he took a cheap shot on Parker early in that 2015 series - a knee to the thigh of TP if I recall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chrissy Paul is considered a hall of fame player - then Tony Parker is as well. The only time Chrissy Paul beat the Spurs in the POs was when he took a cheap shot on Parker early in that 2015 series - a knee to the thigh of TP if I recall.
    Didn't TP have a bad hamstring in that series? Was that due to the Chris Paul knee to his leg, or did the hamstring issues come later in the series. I just remember TP not being right that series. I also recall Paul having a bad hamstring, but not sure if that was in game 7 only during that series?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a FBHOF in part due to the other options, but he is a hall of fame caliber player regardless. To many accomplishments.

Not to mention being a great person (from all accounts) makes his selection highly likely this year. Actually a lock IMHO.

There is no way another team will have a Spurs Big three in the future - with a league FULL of azzhats and drama queens. Xibron James is at the TOP of that list of people.

The one year in North Carolina should not even count for TP9. I consider him a Spurs lifer too.

I'm pretty sure he gets in next year. If Chrissy Paul is considered a hall of fame player - then Tony Parker is as well. The only time Chrissy Paul beat the Spurs in the POs was when he took a cheap shot on Parker early in that 2015 series - a knee to the thigh of TP if I recall.
    I looked at the guys who are eligible for the year Tony Parker could get in which is 2023. The guys who are eligible are Dirk, Wade, Pau Gasol. If the Basketball Hall of Fame allows 4 NBA players to get in 2023 then Parker will get in. If they only allow 3 then it comes down to Parker vs Gasol. Their careers are both every similar in impact. If Parker doesn't get in '23, then he will get in for sure in '24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I looked at the guys who are eligible for the year Tony Parker could get in which is 2023. The guys who are eligible are Dirk, Wade, Pau Gasol. If the Basketball Hall of Fame allows 4 NBA players to get in 2023 then Parker will get in. If they only allow 3 then it comes down to Parker vs Gasol. Their careers are both every similar in impact. If Parker doesn't get in '23, then he will get in for sure in '24.
    Damn that’s a very good batch. But TP also deserves to be a FBHF as the rest of the winningest trio. But that sure is a very tight batch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think there’s any set number they allow in. The 2021 class had 4 modern era players, plus a 70s era player, plus Tony Kukoc, who got in on international cred.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think there’s any set number they allow in. The 2021 class had 4 modern era players, plus a 70s era player, plus Tony Kukoc, who got in on international cred.
    It really varies on the number of NBA players that get in ever year in the HOF. Some years HOF will have a low number of 2 and others it can be 4 like this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Manu doesn't get in first ballot we riot. Much respect to that dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was an account on Twitter that was asking who was the best sixth man, Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams? Most of the responses were MANU. The counting stats are close, but he ing SMOKES them on advanced stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this mean Becky didn’t make it on the list?

This year’s list includes two first-time finalists: two-time NBA All-Star and four-time NBA champion Manu Ginobili and five-time WNBA All-Star, three-time WNBA Champion, and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist Lindsay Whalen. Previous finalists included again this year for consideration are longtime NBA referee Hugh Evans, five-time NBA champion and five-time NBA All-Defensive First Team selection Michael Cooper, five-time NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway, consensus National Collegiate Player of the Year Marques Johnson, two-time NCAA National Coach of the Year Bob Huggins, the NBA’s sixth-winningest coach of all-time George Karl, the all-time winningest high school coach, Leta Andrews, four-time WNBA All-Star and two-time Olympic gold medalist Swin Cash, and NCAA national champion and WNBA Coach of the Year Marianne Stanley.
    Last edited by John B; 02-18-2022 at 08:05 PM.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu doesn't get in first ballot we riot. Much respect to that dude.
    No way he miss this with this list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this was the list earlier. Only Manu among the 1st year eligibles is still in:

Joe Johnson, 50.6%

Manu Ginobili, 20.1%
    David West, 1.4%
    Zach Randolph, 0.9%
    Jason Terry, 0.5%
    Richard Jefferson, 0.4%
    Josh Smith, 0.1%
    Al Jefferson, 0%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Manu is about to headline this HOF class awesome, and yes I know its a weak class but it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was an account on Twitter that was asking who was the best sixth man, Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams? Most of the responses were MANU. The counting stats are close, but he ing SMOKES them on advanced stats.
    The people who you are referencing are nothing but children. They don't know right from wrong.

All here..... HAIL MANU!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a first ballot lock. If it was NBA career only then maybe his relatively low counting stats totals could keep him out for a year or two, but his non-NBA career is HoF worthy all by itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they pronounce his name the same way they did when he was drafted. Just to bring it full circle

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most persuasive point for Manu to be a 1st ballot HOFer is summed up by the great Kobe Bryant. Kobe admired few,,,MJ being the top. Kobe was never intimidated,,,he had ice running through his veins. In his ESPN special there was only player that came across they screen that he commented on and that was Manu Ginobili. And here is a small except from that:

It's a great thing. I mean, honestly, have you ever been in an enclosed space with a bat? Did you bare-hand it out of the sky? Did it even occur to you to try? We live in a world that addresses that by opening the window and leaving the house. Or pillow cases and lacrosse sticks and all that. But just snagging it? That's what Kobe Bryant was talking about in "Kobe Doin' Work." When Manu appeared on the screen, Bryant says, with meaning, "that's a bad
    boy right there."

Case closed. Manu 1st ballot HOFer without a doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously almost cried just seeing this news.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    One of the greatest. And one of my favorites.

It will be so well deserved.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a scenario where he doesn't get in easily against this group.

Grats Manu.

Thread Information