Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Exactly. They will make films for years about how mismanaged this club was. What a fall from grace.

And honestly, we’ll get rocked in Europa league as well
    Honestly the financial crisis of 2017-18 killed a lot of assets in Spain that never returned.
    Most of the clubs suffered. Barca may have been special in their unwillingness to make adjustments, so it would make a good do entary once the full story is known because this is a football club empire. Just the name will still help a bunch I would bet. Its no mystery that the EPL rise coincides with the fall of the league in Spain though. Most of these Spanish clubs have been borrowing for a long time.

If it Brexit had never happened, the English Clubs would be way out ahead. The pandemic was the needle in the balloons about to burst for a number of clubs. Meanwhile the German clubs follow a very different plan that is less outrageously money driven and it works for them.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Honestly the financial crisis of 2017-18 killed a lot of assets in Spain that never returned.
    Most of the clubs suffered. Barca may have been special in their unwillingness to make adjustments, so it would make a good do entary once the full story is known because this is a football club empire. Just the name will still help a bunch I would bet. Its no mystery that the EPL rise coincides with the fall of the league in Spain though. Most of these Spanish clubs have been borrowing for a long time.

If it Brexit had never happened, the English Clubs would be way out ahead. The pandemic was the needle in the balloons about to burst for a number of clubs. Meanwhile the German clubs follow a very different plan that is less outrageously money driven and it works for them.
    Well said. This is also why Flo keeps pushing for a super league (and I hope it doesn't happen).

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Here in Canada it’s DAZN for UCL, EL, Carabao Cup and EPL.

Quality is more like 720p lol but full games are available for on demand replays for a few days and they have extended highlights (spoiler-free)
    They also post extended highlights on their YT channel so if you don’t have time to catch live/full games there is no point in subscribing to their streaming platform

They used to have Serie A, Farmer League and La Liga on top of what I listed above but they lost the rights

Package also includes NFL and MLB league passes, non grandslam tennis tournaments, darts, MLS, Belgian League but LOL I don’t care for that

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Quality is more like 720p lol but full games are available for on demand replays for a few days and they have extended highlights (spoiler-free)
    They also post extended highlights on their YT channel so if you don’t have time to catch live/full games there is no point in subscribing to their streaming platform

They used to have Serie A, Farmer League and La Liga on top of what I listed above but they lost the rights

Package also includes NFL and MLB league passes, non grandslam tennis tournaments, darts, MLS, Belgian League but LOL I don’t care for that
    That sounds pretty complete.
    College football, which I really like but cant stand the time through the commercials I just record. Its gotten so bad with American sports I have replaced a lot of games with just soccer and rugby. Both commercial free.

Rugby has turned out to be fascinating for me. Its really a good game with a lot of subtle stuff that I have to ask friends about. Rugby is unusual because the referee often directs play while it is going on and the ref is miked up. The ref teaches a whole lot about the game. The ref tells player to release a grasp, get onsides, roll out of the tackle, etc... So then when a captain might raise a complaint the ref states he was told to watch his line and he did not, conversation over, and adds a 10 meter penalty for the question. If the players yell at a ref while play is on not allowing him to direct play. He will wait when play is stopped and add a 10 meter penalty. Yellow cards result in 10 min off the field and reds out of the game and missing next game. If a team commits the same the same illegal move after warned the next player to be caught gets yellowed. The players must respect the refs in the high level games or they just f themselves. The refs in turn have to be very good. There are a lot of close calls that the refs admit on the field are very close but he made the decision. Ref even tells players good job when they obey instructions about getting back and releasing binds. It kind of tells the rest of the players this is how it will be called so they all know. Also the players often get hit so hard and get so piled on that they have no idea where they are and the ref instructs them. The ref will state to both teams the fans did not come out here to wait for you all to get your scrum together, 10 meter penalty for taking to long. The ref and the players have to work together to keep the game working properly. Its weird. But refreshing.

Its strange because the players also call things on themselves so the ref does not have to go look at the replay. "did you touch it? yes. Thank you, lineout"
    And play goes forward with the players absolutely knocking the crap out of each other. Brutal and honest. They have reduced the amount of head injuries but they are probablly going to need everyone wearing soft helmets at some point.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Leicester city v. Tottenham NEXT Thursday in doubt as Spurs already postponed matches against Rennes and Brighton, and now Leicester is also experiences a big outbreak of Covid. The weather got cold, the Taverns fill up along with all the travel in trains and Tubes.

Here we go.

Empty the stadiums. People stay home. Probably not.
    But I dont see how Spurs are going to get in all these games.
    they already had a game in hand and now BY FAR the busiest time for fixtures arrives for EPL games.

they need to just get out of that euro tourney but even then...

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Lefty: My Canadian Lumberjack of a man.

Here is where streaming becomes like the Wild West and we have to keep up. As contracts change with these different leagues, we may have to change streaming services. This is somewhat of a pain. The streaming services then have to deal with the networks.

How that will impact future broadcasts will certainly be a talking point. NBC’s exclusive Premier League coverage in the U.S. is set to expire at the end of the current campaign. ESPN, CBS, Amazon Prime and FOX are all thought to be in compe ion with NBC to secure the next contract with the Premier League.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I’m not sure what are the motivations behind the super league, it seems huge financial benefits, lack of control by UEFA for financial fair play, games each 3-4 days and FIFA’s greed with NT compe ions, where clubs pay huge amounts for their players and FIFA makes big money organizing each time more NT games.

Florentino said that the idea isn’t to eliminate national compe ions, so I guess it’s about replacing the Champions League and gaining control for fair negotiations with UEFA and FIFA. So far, officially only Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus didn’t abandon the project, but Florentino said binding pre-contracts are already signed.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    “clerical error”

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nah man that isn’t rigged tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    UEFA

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Red Bull Salzburg vs. Bayern Munich

Sporting Portugal vs. Manchester City

Benfica vs. Ajax

Chelsea vs. Lille

Atlético Madrid vs. Manchester United

Villarreal vs. Juventus

Inter Milan vs. Liverpool

Paris Saint-Germain vs. Real Madrid

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Madrid are gonna rock psg

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Depends
    If Poch can miraculously convince Pessi and Mbapo to play defense then Pésségé can make a run

But if nothing changes then I think Madrid is the favorite

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Depends
    If Poch can miraculously convince Pessi and Mbapo to play defense then Pésségé can make a run

You guys are an insane animal in UCL. and Benzema is the ultimate big game player.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    You guys are an insane animal in UCL. and Benzema is the ultimate big game player.
    History has s not a guarantee for future success but Madrid has been great this season so far

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Depends

It is going to be anyway fun to watch:

- Messi back at Madrid
    - Ramos playing against Madrid
    - Mbappe playing against what could be his future team
    - A long history between those two clubs in European compe ion
    - Zidane rumors

meanwhile Barça...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Red Bull Salzburg vs. Bayern Munich

Sporting Portugal vs. Manchester City

Benfica vs. Ajax

Chelsea vs. Lille

Atlético Madrid vs. Manchester United

Villarreal vs. Juventus

Inter Milan vs. Liverpool

Paris Saint-Germain vs. Real Madrid
    Bayern
    City
    Ajax
    Lille
    Atletico
    Villarreal
    Liverpool
    PSG
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-13-2021 at 01:25 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I admire midget's ability to swap teams and still get the easiest draws

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The winningest CL club="the easiest draw".

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It’s amazing how an organization that moves billions, ended with a botched draw with 8 + 8 balls only, so they had to fix and repeat. Laughing stock, tbh.

Maybe Florentino has a point with the Superleague.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    How I wish the Messi-Sidenaldo matchup would have stood. .

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    How I wish the Messi-Sidenaldo matchup would have stood. .
    Nobody's scared of Lionel Harden gently jogging up and down the pitch

Now with 1 goal in 10 games, after another productive weekend of farmers league football

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I admire midget's ability to swap teams and still get the easiest draws
    The ? Real Madrid >>>>> Atletico

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Nobody's scared of Lionel Harden gently jogging up and down the pitch

Now with 1 goal in 10 games, after another productive weekend of farmers league football
    And yet more assists than penaldo all season who still can't score against any great teams. But hey, a penalty against norwich

Thread Information