Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A recipe for violence. Make up about ANTIFA, lather rinse, repeat.
    Right out of the 1920's and 30's era fascist playbooks. Predictable at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Robert Evans
    Tue, September 14, 2021, 1:21 PM
    Protest City - Credit: Rian Dundon for Rolling Stone
    If you want a vision of our nation’s future, you can find it in the mace-soaked streets of Portland, Oregon. The City of Roses put it all on display on a recent Sunday in August, when the Proud Boys, an extremist group whose purpose, according to their founder, is to do violence to their political enemies, gathered in Northeast Portland. Downtown, hundreds of left-wing demonstrators gathered in anticipation of the Proud Boys’ arrival. Things got ugly at both sites. In the northeast, the Proud Boys flipped a van and beat a man bloody while he sat in a parked truck. There were paintball-gun fights and, of course, mace. Downtown, one right-wing agitator allegedly fired a handgun into a crowd of anti-fascists, at least one of whom returned fire. Prior to the rally, Mayor Ted Wheeler had advised citizens to “Choose Love.” After the shooting, local activists responded with a slogan of their own: “Choose level IV” — body armor.

Clashes are increasingly part of daily life in Portland, a city that, by the looks of it, is the nation’s leader in per capita ownership of body armor and gas masks. But while it would be easy to write this off as ‘Portland being Portland’ — a city George H.W. Bush nicknamed “Little Beirut” — that would be a mistake. The bloody tactics workshopped in Portland have already cropped up around the country, from Charlottesville to anti-mask protests to January 6th. The Proud Boys have no intention of going away, their critics have no intention of backing down, and where this ends is anyone’s guess. As U.S. representative and far-right extremist Paul Gosar put it at an Oath Keeper gathering when asked about a potential second civil war: “We’re in it. We just haven’t started shooting each other yet.”

Deep Ties Between Local Republican Party and the Far Right
    Xander Almeida has been a member of the Multnomah County Republican Party since 2008. Almeida first became aware of the influence militant groups had on the local Republican Party in 2017, when he received an email warning him about “antifa” threats to a planned parade.

“And [the MCRP] said, don’t worry. We will get the three percenters out,” Almeida tells Rolling Stone. He provided the official notes from a June 26th, 2017 meeting, which include a proposed resolution that, “the MCRP may utilize volunteers from the Oregon Three Percenters, Oath Keepers, and other security groups.” The resolution passed.

None of their meetings have ever been attacked by anti-fascists, but the MCRP remains deeply worried about the possibility of such an assault. In May 2021 they hired a Proud Boy affiliate to provide security at a meeting where they voted to recall party chair Stephen Lloyd. The recall pe ion slammed Lloyd for calling for more diversity within the party and alleged that his attempt to make meetings more open to the public put local Republicans at risk from Rose City Antifa, the oldest-named “antifa” organization in the United States.

For his part, Almeida now protests with Portland anti-fascists, including Rose City Antifa, against Proud Boys and other anti-democratic extremists. He is still a registered Republican, but says that he has felt “less and less” conservative in recent years. He says he feels alienated by his former ideological allies. When we met on August 22nd, he wore a helmet, motorcycle pads, and a respirator.

Portland: The Northwest’s Friendly Proving Ground
    Since it’s rare for right-wing militants to face severe penalties for engaging in violence, many have come to see Portland as a proving ground and a place where they can test tactics in a friendly climate.

Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, a notorious brawler who has been affiliated with both the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer, was jailed last year for assaulting an anti-fascist bystander. Toese was still legally prohibited from attending protests when he went to an August 22nd street fight. Police took no action. When we reached out the Portland Police Bureau for comment, a spokesman responded that it was the court’s duty to monitor someone’s actions before trial, not the cops. “That is not something we actively track,” the spokesperson said. “If anyone is aware that someone is violating their pretrial conditions, they’re encouraged to notify the court so the court can impose appropriate sanctions.”

Rest of the rather long article here:
    https://news.yahoo.com/portland-oreg...182117395.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Portland was burned to the ground? Its still standing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean poster B lied? Shocking!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup.

Seems like it is the place of choice for the most violent elements of the far-right. Their version of Afghanistan vis a vis al Qaeda.

Dunno. It sure seems to me like we are heading for escalations, until law enforcement takes the threat seriously.

Given that LE is often sympathetic or even part of the RWNJ cults, I am not sure what will stop the escalation.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If either side stood down and let the other side make a mockery of themselves, this wouldn't be an issue. Instead it's a bunch of re ed cosplay fighters doing an endless mosh pit for lack of better things to do.

They're codependent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland matters now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make up about ANTIFA, lather rinse, repeat.
    You're not the intellectual that you prop yourself up to be tbh. You and the weak s in antifa are a bunch of ing pussies!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two groups of attention starved losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two groups of attention starved losers.
    One of them is getting medical attention

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of them is getting medical attention
    So we have a winner!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish they would start working out so the fights will be better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a clear winner!
    Conservatives riot in a more vicious manner.
    Imagine antifa attacking the Capitol, a laugher.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    In Papua New Guinea, some communities believe that semen provides sexual maturation to the younger men of the tribe. The tribes believe that the semen of older men can bestow manliness and wisdom to the younger men and for this reason, the younger men fellate their elders in order to receive their authority and powers.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Chicago

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Portland matters now.
    Portland exists now and hasn't been burned to the ground now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Street Beefs could make a fortune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland exists now and hasn't been burned to the ground now.
    You were fine with Portland being vandalized, zoned and taken over by Antifa. As soon as opposition shows, now you act like butter wouldn't melt in your in' mouths.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "taken over"

Seriously, did DMC's wife leave him or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^lol postbot

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You were fine with Portland being vandalized, zoned and taken over by Antifa. As soon as opposition shows, now you act like butter wouldn't melt in your in' mouths.
    I'm just as fine with whatever is happening there now, except insofar as it comes up in hysterical incel claims about the world burning.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol DMinCel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just as fine with whatever is happening there now, except insofar as it comes up in hysterical incel claims about the world burning.
    Yet here you are SIMPing for the OP who is crying about it. Go figure. Typical poster B .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Left wing Poster A makes sloppy, broad brush comment, gets called out.
    Left wing Poster A makes a sloppy retort in defense
    Left wing Poster B shows up and makes a different defense, gets called out for the original claim
    Left wing Poster B denies ever making the original claim, even though poster B is defending it
    Left wing Poster C shows up, defends original claim, defends poster B
    Left wing Poster C gets called out, denies caring about the original claim, denies supporting Poster B, still wants a back and forth about the original claim.
    Left wing Poster D shows up, posts a strawman meme about the attack on the original claim
    The responses pretty much cease because of the web of that's developed,
    Left wing Poster E calls fold

rinse and repeat

My bad, you'd be poster C

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yet here you are SIMPing for the OP who is crying about it. Go figure. Typical poster B .
    When did I defend the OP?

My first post is that both the PB's and Antifa are re ed.

You're so used to teamwork from simping for Derp and Chris that you can't even see it when people on the left have a variety of takes.

Thread Information