Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Quayle saved our democracy
    I mean, you get to say this now thanks to people like Gen Milley... hopefully you're onboard with giving this hero a medal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, you get to say this now thanks to people like Gen Milley... hopefully you're onboard with giving this hero a medal...
    Milley should get the Congressional Medal of Honor for saving world from a maniac loser.

We are in middle of hurricane season and you know trump would have used them to stop the hurricanes.

As he famously said, “Why bother having nuclear weapons if you are afraid to use them?”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess, if Pence was allowed to overturn it, then it would be within the democratic process to do so if he wanted to. That is, unless the democratic process is just an ideology and not our actual process.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess, if Pence was allowed to overturn it, then it would be within the democratic process to do so if he wanted to. That is, unless the democratic process is just an ideology and not our actual process.
    The phrase you're looking for is "cons utional authority," not "democratic process," and you're still wrong. Pence had no legal authority to overturn it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The democratic process (and attributions of each branch of government) is established by the US Cons ution. Pence was not allowed to overturn it, per the US cons ution, the rest is moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The phrase you're looking for is "cons utional authority," not "democratic process," and you're still wrong. Pence had no legal authority to overturn it.
    Well then it couldn't have happened.. mmmkay? Alrighty then, good talk. Democracy is safe after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cons ution is only as good as the ins utions willing to uphold it. That's how it works in a democracy, and why democracies are tear down by ins utions like the military, etc.

Democracy is a lot more fragile than people give it credit for. The US is generally an outlier in that it has had strong ins utions willing to play by Cons utional rules, thus a long lasting democracy.

But, when those ins utions start undermining cons utional authority, they also undermine democracy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well then it couldn't have happened.. mmmkay? Alrighty then, good talk. Democracy is safe after all.
    I said he had no legal authority to do it, not that he couldn't do it. Try to follow along with the adults if you're going to insert yourself needlessly and derpishly into every discussion.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the joke in calling her this?
    Where's the joke in calling you Derp?

You are who you are is all.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cons ution is only as good as the ins utions willing to uphold it. That's how it works in a democracy, and why democracies are tear down by ins utions like the military, etc.

Democracy is a lot more fragile than people give it credit for. The US is generally an outlier in that it has had strong ins utions willing to play by Cons utional rules, thus a long lasting democracy.

But, when those ins utions start undermining cons utional authority, they also undermine democracy.
    And these books "we" will be reading are going to show this.
    I had no idea if we put a completely incompetent self absorbed wanna be king... he could actually get enough of a crowd following him as to put us into a shaky situation. The ins utions he tried to steam roll will be judged on how they ended up working for a president and not a country; we will get a more accurately view jbecause Trump cant hide every damn witness and do ent anymore. The blatant attempts to use these ins utions for a campaign... fkn ridiculous.

Let the information flow. We need it out there and people need to understand how wrong this is.
    He should have been prosecuted and found guilty of coercing a foreign intelligence agency to dig up crap on a political opponent. Perfectly clear to me. Its also pretty clear he may have had no idea it was simply wrong which is even more disturbing that this asshat was not warned ahead of time. His own slaves even had a in their pants with that phone call.
    Or maybe he did know at was pulling "the art of the deal" This should be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Democracy Dies in Darkness" is the official slogan of American newspaper The Washington Post, adopted in 2017.

Phrase popularized by Bob Woodward.

ing drama queens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the joke in you calling me Derp?
    For me your name reminds me of a cartoon character who can utter just one word. derp.. derp ... derp
    I guess the cadence and intonation of the derps perfectly characterize your profound ability to understand.... well... not much of anything. You just derp to problems. You derp at food. You derp at clouds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Democracy Dies in Darkness" is the official slogan of American newspaper The Washington Post, adopted in 2017.

ing drama queens.

"It was a normal picnic at the Capitol. The air was a lazy quieting thing as I entered the building and tried to crush the skull of an official with the available barriers kindly supplied by the government."

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing drama queens.

You voted for Trump in 2020.

ing drama queens.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Quayle good now.

Even Bush1, the lousy sold him out, threw him to the wolves, and you, the wolves, ate him alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quayle good now.

Even Bush1, the lousy sold him out, threw him to the wolves, and you, the wolves, ate him alive.
    We have a new rating scale since the orange fck got thrown out of office.
    Quayle is relegated to minor league red team f up. Hardly a blip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he had no legal authority to do it, not that he couldn't do it. Try to follow along with the adults if you're going to insert yourself needlessly and derpishly into every discussion.
    Then what's the problem?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing drama queens.

So overturning the election wouldn't kill democracy? I've seen you get heated over light bulbs and you want to call people worried about our democracy ending drama queens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So overturning the election wouldn't kill democracy? I've seen you get heated over light bulbs and you want to call people worried about our democracy ending drama queens?
    Darrin despises LEDs ?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin despises LEDs ?
    Was butthurt about incandescents being phased out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was butthurt about incandescents being phased out
    Well then I like your pun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if Dear Leader became king supreme and the next 20 elections would have every candidate with a Trump last name, Darrin would still vote for them, so I can see why he doesn't think it's a big deal, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a black president though

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    who else was trump considering as VP who would've done what trump wanted? ted cruz?

Thread Information