My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epik has hosted Gab, Parler, ute, The Donald, 8chan, The Daily Stormer, Joey Camp and Texas Right to Life.

A Linux engineer tasked with conducting an impact assessment on behalf of a client who uses Epik’s services told the Daily Dot that the breach was one of the worst he had ever seen. The engineer did not have permission to speak about the breach by his employer and was granted anonymity by the Daily Dot.

“They are fully compromised end-to-end,” they said. “Maybe the worst I’ve ever seen in my 20-year career.”

The engineer pointed the Daily Dot to what they described as Epik’s “entire primary database,” which contains hosting account usernames and passwords, SSH keys, and even some credit card numbers—all stored in plaintext.

The data also includes Auth-Codes, passcodes that are needed to transfer a domain name between registrars. The engineer stated that with all the data in the leak, which also included admin passwords for WordPress logins, any attacker could easily take over the websites of countless Epik customers.

The Daily Dot was unable to confirm the claims made in the press release by Anonymous that every single one of Epik’s customers were exposed in the breach.
    Analysis suggests that hacked data goes up until Feb. 28, 2021.
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/epik-...tes-anonymous/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be expected from a company named "Epik."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epik has hosted Gab, Parler, ute, The Donald, 8chan, The Daily Stormer, Joey Camp and Texas Right to Life.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/epik-...tes-anonymous/
    Doubtful considering most databases are built on some sql flavor be it mysql, mongodb, etc and use encryption. I don't have any databases that run strictly from a csv or txt file besides AIO db's like sqlite and whatnot in a sandbox app of sorts.

You're just gullible bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw Wordpress was mentioned which runs on a sql db and within that db each installed instance has its credentials encrypted with MD5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be expected from a company named "Epik."
    You're a dumbass bro. Sit this one out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The losers in Anonymous hacked Epik or just claiming they did? I just googled this and saw they are claiming they hacked Epik. I wish I knew more advanced programming, packet , networking crap, etc... They're having all the fun if they did indeed hack Epik.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful considering most databases are built on some sql flavor be it mysql, mongodb, etc and use encryption. I don't have any databases that run strictly from a csv or txt file besides AIO db's like sqlite and whatnot in a sandbox app of sorts.

You're just gullible bro.
    Actually, it doesn't really matter much if it's encrypted. If the bug is on cross-site scripting, for example, then the hack uses the same DB routines as the site, which decrypt the data for them. This is fairly common.

Also, mysql does not encrypt data by default for performance reasons.

The breach is real, BTW, there are dumps of the data available. See:
    https://therecord.media/anonymous-ha...egistrar-epik/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, it doesn't really matter much if it's encrypted. If the bug is on cross-site scripting, for example, then the hack uses the same DB routines as the site, which decrypt the data for them. This is fairly common.

Also, mysql does not encrypt data by default for performance reasons.

The breach is real, BTW, there are dumps of the data available. See:
    https://therecord.media/anonymous-ha...egistrar-epik/
    I was waiting for your response El.

Sucks for Epik then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was waiting for your response El.

Sucks for Epik then.
    I mean, this stuff happens to Fortune 500 companies too, nothing to be ashamed of.

The question is how they proceed with disclosure and tightening up security.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol calf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still a dumb bro... What exactly are you laughing about?

You have no clue what I was talking about let alone Nono's reply. That's what's truly hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, this stuff happens to Fortune 500 companies too, nothing to be ashamed of.

The question is how they proceed with disclosure and tightening up security.
    Rob Monster is on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw Wordpress was mentioned which runs on a sql db and within that db each installed instance has its credentials encrypted with MD5.
    lmao MD5 is worthless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Web host Epik was warned of a critical security flaw weeks before it was hacked.

Hackers associated with the hacktivist collective Anonymous say they have leaked gigabytes of data from Epik, a web host and domain registrar that provides services to far-right sites like Gab, Parler and 8chan, which found refuge in Epik after they were booted from mainstream platforms.

In a statement attached to a torrent file of the dumped data this week, the group said the 180 gigabytes amounts to a “decade’s worth” of company data, including “all that’s needed to trace actual ownership and management” of the company. The group claimed to have customer payment histories, domain purchases and transfers, and passwords, credentials and employee mailboxes. The cache of stolen data also contains files from the company’s internal web servers, and databases that contain customer records for domains that are registered with Epik.

Fools Hacked Again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Web host Epik was warned of a critical security flaw weeks before it was hacked.

Hackers associated with the hacktivist collective Anonymous say they have leaked gigabytes of data from Epik, a web host and domain registrar that provides services to far-right sites like Gab, Parler and 8chan, which found refuge in Epik after they were booted from mainstream platforms.

In a statement attached to a torrent file of the dumped data this week, the group said the 180 gigabytes amounts to a “decade’s worth” of company data, including “all that’s needed to trace actual ownership and management” of the company. The group claimed to have customer payment histories, domain purchases and transfers, and passwords, credentials and employee mailboxes. The cache of stolen data also contains files from the company’s internal web servers, and databases that contain customer records for domains that are registered with Epik.

Fools Hacked Again
    That sounds like they got... everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl are just lazy tbqh.

A good 2 hour free online course in Cryptog4aphy and Security can make you a pretty legic knowledgeable person that can relatively run a secure website.

Thats plus regularly bi weekly patching and youre good to go.

Just put some effort tbqh.

Not rocket science tbqh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ppl are just lazy tbqh.

A good 2 hour free online course in Cryptog4aphy and Security can make you a pretty legic knowledgeable person that can relatively run a secure website.

Not rocket science tbqh
    Computer science > Rocket science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl are just lazy tbqh.

Not rocket science tbqh

Same as saying 2 hour youtube on medical care can make you a decent surgeon!

Is this what they teach in Colombia?

Ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    round two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The Army prohibits military personnel from advocating supremacist, extremist, or criminal gang doctrine, ideology, or causes. There is no place for extremism in the military and we will investigate each report individually and take appropriate action,” Leonard said. “Any type of activity that involves violence, civil disobedience, or a breach of peace may be punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice or under state or federal law.”
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/milit...-keepers-leak/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drip drip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas GOP data dumped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New York Police Department (NYPD) announced last week that it had launchedan internal review of two officers whose names were found in the breach.
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/anony...exas-gop-epik/

Thread Information