Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (shrugs) yep. blue team votes at any cost.
    You s accuse us of doing that anyway. Why not actually do it, IMO.

if it wins us power. If it takes away power from the evangelicals and the anti-science bull policies that leads to... GREAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you. I'm not scared of brown people, but there are NO STATISTICS on immigrant benefits with the the volume of illegal crossings we are getting now.
    Bull .

Carole Keeton Strayhorn did an audit fifteen years ago measuring the impact on Texas: positive overall.

https://files.texaspolicy.com/upload...as-Economy.pdf
    https://static.texastribune.org/medi...s_in_Texas.pdf
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-b...troller-study/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you only look at the costs... of course you will think it is a drain. Only looking at the costs = propaganda bull . IMO driven in no small part from pure racism, based on the kinds of s who do these studies.

When both costs and benefits to the economy are considered, the positives outweigh the negatives by any balanced study I have read, and can find now.
    Coke is a of drug in moderation but too much will kill you. Same with food, and a million other things.

Almost anything in moderation is good, including immigration, but 2 million plus a year is totally uncharted waters. You think it's the s, I think that long term it will hurt our country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many immigrants a year were we absorbing in 2006.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coke is a of drug in moderation but too much will kill you. Same with food, and a million other things.

Almost anything in moderation is good, including immigration, but 2 million plus a year is totally uncharted waters. You think it's the s, I think that long term it will hurt our country.
    hasn't so far, just keep ing that football, Ted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many immigrants a year were we absorbing in 2006.
    roughly as many as we will this year, most likely

damn, look at those numbers under Ronald Reagan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why the US should increase the number of H1B visas to allow people to enter the country properly. People won't try to enter illegally if there is a legal way to do it.

This issue alone will ensure that democrats will lose the next elections.
    not just H1B's

let in more immigrants, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roughly as many as we will this year, most likely

damn, look at those numbers under Ronald Reagan

2021 bar chart would be right off the top of the page if it was there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 bar chart would be right off the top of the page if it was there.
    we'll see where we end up

you've given no support for your vague forbodings of anarchy, doom and mass dependency so far.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Biden should airlift them to Afghanistan

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if it wins us power. If it takes away power from the evangelicals and the anti-science bull policies that leads to... GREAT.
    You are doing that and that's why you are being accused. Let's not pretend you are starting something reactively.

It's all about power. I'm glad you admit that. Now you can stop beating the leftist race baiting drum on the issue. But you won't because that's also about power. And as everyone can see you'll do anything to obtain power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden should airlift them to Afghanistan
    Abbott should back up about 400 busses to the Del Rio bridge and take them to the White House.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't be too difficult to partner with an African country we provide aid to and come to an agreement that they'll take all our illegals. Wouldn't take long for illegals to give up tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    labor is definitely a commodity and has value. its why people pay for it. its not a political argument, it's an economical one. study after study confirms that influx of low skilled immigrant workers is a boon to the economy despite some up front costs, and does not really depress wages in a significant way. the groups of people most impacted by influxes of immigrant labor are the previous waves of immigrants, and some high school dropout natives you have net wage depression of like 1% over the long run (which is offset by the fact that costs go down for consumers as a result of more production of goods)

the people who are the biggest drain when it comes to financial burdens are retired old people. immigrants tend to be young and of working age, so they lower our average age as well, which is a good thing. there is some up front cost, sure, but thats why the goal should be to get them paying taxes to make that up.

its not my argument, its one that appears to be consensus among economists

broad study on the issue https://www.nber.org/system/files/wo...497/w12497.pdf
    localized study on impact of florida workers after influx of cuban migrants https://davidcard.berkeley.edu/papers/mariel-impact.pdf
    study from cato ins ute, a lbertarian/right think tank https://www.cato.org/cato-journal/fa...n-reduce-wages

theres a lot on this subject... its fairly broadly agreed upon by academics in the field. there's one big name in the field, Borjas, who has the opposite conclusion, but he's something of an outlier.
    I totally agree with that argument. Stealing the youth from other countries for cheap labor has always been a economic positive for our country. There have been those who have argued the immorality of doing so but as with any issue the the moral argument always gets push to the side when there are fat stacks to be made.

I think the one problem with that view is that it is looking in the rearview mirror and assuming the road ahead continues in the same direction. Considering we are entering an unprecedented time in history that assumption may prove wrong imo.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reality: it's about political power
    Discussion: the economics behind illegals

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If these millions of illegal immigrants walking up from Central America are all rainbows and unicorns, why do we even need borders?
    They don't believe in borders so this argument won't get you anywhere.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't be too difficult to partner with an African country we provide aid to and come to an agreement that they'll take all our illegals. Wouldn't take long for illegals to give up tbh.
    Only if we can send our white supremacists there too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it wins us power.
    lol us

Random thinks he has power now

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are doing that and that's why you are being accused. Let's not pretend you are starting something reactively.

It's all about power. I'm glad you admit that. Now you can stop beating the leftist race baiting drum on the issue. But you won't because that's also about power. And as everyone can see you'll do anything to obtain power.

both are all about power - and the more important thing is what is done when in power?

Repukes in power = white supremacist policies to only help rich white people and screwing everyone else even at the expense of destroying the usa

dems in power= clumsily trying to help the poor and middle class and save the planet from climate change and saving the usa from total collapse

yet you morons are not in the 1% but continue your support of the repuke policies and destruction

cannot fix stupid

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only if we can send our white supremacists there too.
    - "You'll play gettin' it done."

- Randolph Scott - "Ride the High Country"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Abbott should back up about 400 busses to the Del Rio bridge and take them to the White House.
    Tell it, CC.

Testify!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny hearing Republicans get worked up over this when they want illegals here to drive down wages. I'll take the GOP seriously on illegal immigration when they start passing legislation for people to do jail time for hiring illegals instead of having their party led by a guy who hired them to work at his golf courses. Until then it's a non-issue for me.
    You lack a spine you ing pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cult/tribalism is the only reasonyou pussies are against fortifying our border and keeping illegals out.

Thread Information