Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The uncertainty of "whatever happens happens at this point" is them telling him that "we'll see where we're at come trade deadline"

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The uncertainty of "whatever happens happens at this point" is them telling him that "we'll see where we're at come trade deadline"
    Agree. The FO has been upfront with Thad, that's all you can ask. Everyone knows he's a great trade chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should be looking to move him asap. He is definitely a top 5 player on this team but his value isn’t getting any higher and he is an awkward fit in many ways with this group.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks capt obvious for repeating what's been said for weeks and what they've exactly been exploring all this time. Far as awkward fit no...age is about it but he's got a universal game adaptable to any team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad Young saying all the young guys come in to work each and every day but its the first official day of practice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take John's word for it he's been up close n personal between those thighs. Getting "insider" info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve been on Jakob’s case, but I’m really rooting for him to finally get aggressive consistently, and that’s the keyword there, consistent. He started pretty slow last year. He’s pretty good with setting PNR, especially with Patty eventually taking those 3’s. This time he needs to roll hard to the basket, and getting offensive rebounds, and putting back baskets, hard. He needs to work hard on hook shots, backing down his defender, making the pass to a cutting man, making free throws. If he can elevate his game to a double-double machine with 2-3 blocks, he could be a premiere big. He’s very capable. And please, dunk that ball Jak!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad Young saying all the young guys come in to work each and every day but its the first official day of practice
    I don’t know about Thad, but I think the young core has been playing awhile now. Jak said he’s been with Keldon for a month now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never seen Pop so upbeat. I think he’s genuinely happy to be coaching this young team. “We don’t have a ball-stopper and allows us to play a certain type of play.” Prepare to get the All-Time Winningest coach boys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 more years! And thanks for the obvious response that just cause it's 1st official day doesn't mean these dudes ain't been working all summer, especially when they post the videos of them working

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that the Spurs have open gym literally every summer, all summer, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never seen Pop so upbeat. I think he’s genuinely happy to be coaching this young team. “We don’t have a ball-stopper and allows us to play a certain type of play.” Prepare to get the All-Time Winningest coach boys
    Don't forget that Pop basically realized a lifelong dream this summer and has basically reached the pinnacle of his career. I can't imagine how that must feel, but I assume it'll carry over for years. I'm sure he feels basically no pressure to win or do anything besides have fun at teach from here on out. With the vets, he had to try to win to "do right by them". With the young guys, that's not a concern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems almost bubbly...
    I'm not really sure he enjoyed the last few years-

For the first time in a while I'm also really looking forward to the year starting. I think the last time I was excited was training camp in 2017, but that quickly dissipated when there started being signs that something wasn't right with nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been on Jakob’s case, but I’m really rooting for him to finally get aggressive consistently, and that’s the keyword there, consistent. He started pretty slow last year. He’s pretty good with setting PNR, especially with Patty eventually taking those 3’s. This time he needs to roll hard to the basket, and getting offensive rebounds, and putting back baskets, hard. He needs to work hard on hook shots, backing down his defender, making the pass to a cutting man, making free throws. If he can elevate his game to a double-double machine with 2-3 blocks, he could be a premiere big. He’s very capable. And please, dunk that ball Jak!
    The "John B x Jakob Poeltl Redemption Arc" will be one of the many interesting storylines to follow this season, for sure

I agree that Poeltl has to be more aggressive and roll harder to the rim. Hopefully with the more dynamic, fast-paced style, he gets more opportunities to score near the rim, and hones those skills; getting even more PnR actions now that White will be the full-time ballhandler (I'm actually intrigued to see how he and DJ share those duties, now that there's no clear "top dog" in DDR to take on the main duty) will be perfect for him. They have excellent chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young saying in interviews that he’s not coming for Keldon’s spot or anyone’s spot sounds like a clue that he isn’t starting.

IMO rotation may look like this

DJ/ Tre
    White/ Lonnie
    Keldon/ Vassell
    McDermott/ Young
    Poeltl/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "John B x Jakob Poeltl Redemption Arc" will be one of the many interesting storylines to follow this season, for sure

I agree that Poeltl has to be more aggressive and roll harder to the rim. Hopefully with the more dynamic, fast-paced style, he gets more opportunities to score near the rim, and hones those skills; getting even more PnR actions now that White will be the full-time ballhandler (I'm actually intrigued to see how he and DJ share those duties, now that there's no clear "top dog" in DDR to take on the main duty) will be perfect for him. They have excellent chemistry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young saying in interviews that he’s not coming for Keldon’s spot or anyone’s spot sounds like a clue that he isn’t starting.

IMO rotation may look like this

DJ/ Tre
    White/ Lonnie
    Keldon/ Vassell
    McDermott/ Young
    Poeltl/ Eubanks
    There's no way Jones is ahead of Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely forgot about Forbes

Fvck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beast