Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's stuck behind a paywall, anything interesting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who actually pays for this junk?

Here is where we go:

Pop retires in the next 1-2 seasons as the all-time winningest coach and a true rebuild begins. The end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe is a hack living off his reputation. Love this gem…But it's time to ask: What, exactly, are the Spurs doing here? Spurs fans been saying this for two years now…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN is atrocious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg will go to a barber at least twice this season i hope.
    For the beard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe was always better at player analysis/evaluation than story breaking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs could have had Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and a million picks. This would have bent the Lakers over for years considering that Nephew is broken.

Now the Lakers are contending anyway and Pop leading a once proud franchise to the lottery.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's stuck behind a paywall, anything interesting?
    - The most common heir apparents mentioned in league and coaching circles today: Will Hardy, the longtime San Antonio assistant now working under Ime Udoka in Boston; Brett Brown; and Manu Ginobili, who rejoined San Antonio last week as an advisor.

- THE SPURS TALKED with the Philadelphia 76ers about Ben Simmons, but those talks have not gotten far, sources said. They sniffed around intriguing young free agents -- including Lauri Markkanen and John Collins, sources said -- but snared neither.

- The Spurs have also -- justifiably -- turned down offers of single protected first-round picks for some of their core young guys, sources said.

-The howling over McDermott's signing is misplaced, and reminds of the reaction to another rebuilding team -- the Detroit Pistons -- splurging on Kelly Olynyk. The best way to help young attacking ball handlers is to give them space. McDermott and Olynyk do that without adding so many wins as to harm lottery odds. McDermott has also turned into a sneaky-good finisher.

- Opponents will go under screens for Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, and Vassell. They will form a s above the foul line, and dare those guys to hoist 3s. The result will often be a lot of side-to-side passing that generates little north-south traction.

- Young seems like an obvious trade candidate; contenders have already inquired about him, sources said. (He would be a great fit with the Phoenix Suns playing the Dario Saric role.)

-If this really is a top-five defense, the Spurs will be in the play-in race. If it's closer to 10th or average, this could be a painful season -- though with the reward of a high draft pick. It would seem almost impossible for the Spurs to be worse than Houston, Oklahoma City, Detroit, or the Orlando Magic. Beyond that, nothing is guaranteed.

- If the Grizzlies can't agree to an extension with Jaren Jackson Jr., the Spurs loom as an intriguing option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe is a hack living off his reputation. Love this gem…But it's time to ask: What, exactly, are the Spurs doing here? Spurs fans been saying this for two years now…
    Seems obvious to Spurs fans at this point.

Pop and Co thought they could still field a compe ive playoff roster around LMA and DD and were (obviously) wrong. The offense has been so iso heavy and dependent on LMA and DD for the last 3 or 4 years that the Spurs really don't have a great idea of what their young guys can do without the vets clogging things and taking shots. Spurs finally realized the error of their ways and let all the vets go. Rather than tying up long term big money on guys like Collins or Lauri who don't really move the needle much, they decided to maintain flexibility, give their young guys the reigns to showcase what they truly have, and will decide how to proceed going forward after this season, based on that. Makes sense to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we'll see some better numbers from a lot of our players because they'll get more shots now with DDR, Gay, and Patty gone.
    That will not only let us re-evaluate their ceiling as players but probably increase their trade value as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could have had Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, and a million picks. This would have bent the Lakers over for years considering that Nephew is broken.

Now the Lakers are contending anyway and Pop leading a once proud franchise to the lottery.
    Kobe shouldn’t have gotten on that helicopter but hey guess what he did lmao!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In the end we received Thad Young, Aminu, Jak, Keldon who we could have picked at 19 instead of a wasted pick on Luka, and a protected 2025th first; for one of the best two way players of all-time. Not to mention Danny Green and 5mm as a throw in. Time to move on from both the Kahwi sauga and Pop having any meaningful decision making ability in this organization.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe doesn't have an inside with the Spurs so of course all he can do is rehash the same ol everyone else has for years now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They offered Hart, Kuzma, and no picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every ESPN article I've clicked on for months has been free. This is the first I've heard of it still being behind a paywall for others.

Anyway, the gist is Lowe finally basically admitting they were screwed by S bag and hedging his bet by not being particularly high on the youth as a collective, but leaving room in case they luck into a Parker or S bag again, so he's covered either way.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They offered Hart, Kuzma, and no picks.
    kuzma was untouchable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully to the top of the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end we received Thad Young, Aminu, Jak, Keldon who we could have picked at 19 instead of a wasted pick on Luka, and a protected 2025th first; for one of the best two way players of all-time. Not to mention Danny Green and 5mm as a throw in. Time to move on from both the Kahwi sauga and Pop having any meaningful decision making ability in this organization.
    Samanic will show you this year that it wasn’t a wasted pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st, Young, White, Walker - just for the memes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kuzma was untouchable
    Kuzma was very touchable. (But the good ones weren't available.)

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where we go from here is 44 wins this season.

You heard it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can go to Venesuela since the USA is so terrible !

Thread Information