Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the best thing the NBA has done in a long time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But today’s nba players didn’t benefit from these rules.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the best thing the NBA has done in a long time
    I wished the NBA had kept the 90s rules and not nerfed defense with BS rule changes circa the mid 2000s that became abused like crazy by the early 2010s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s basketball was simply a better brand of basketball. More defense, scoring at a premium, let the stars shine. The scrubs scoring at will should be a special occasion, not commonplace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s basketball was simply a better brand of basketball. More defense, scoring at a premium, let the stars shine. The scrubs scoring at will should be a special occasion, not commonplace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are you laughing for? It's the truth. 122-109 type games (non-OT) should be a very special occasion NOT an every day, multiple times/teams per day occurrence. Maybe you have 1-2 teams that stand out that make that happen frequently, like the early 00s Mavericks and Kings or mid-late 00s Suns and Warriors. But not half or more of the entire league. Just makes the art of scoring too watery and the game too watery when buckets are a dime a dozen. Also, it's nice to have teams like the 00s Pistons, late 00s Celtics and 1st stint Lebron Cavs that were grind it out defensive teams that would usually win by scoring in the 90s and holding the opponent in the 70s or 80s. 100+ for those teams was a rare breakout juggernaut performance.

At this point, watching pick up basketball at the park is a more fun brand of basketball than the NBA, simply because there's more isos, more pick and rolls and more defense, more trying to get to the hoop, more action at the rim, less threes and no free throws.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so funny seeing Harden's FG percentage at 36% now that he's only shooting three free throws a game instead of when he used to get bailed out with 10+ FTA per game with his wild shots. Now that the refs aren't falling for his anymore it's like Playoff Harden all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You love to see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry has been affected approximately 0% by these rules change tho, and is as effective as ever so some posters ITT are eating a big sandwich on that one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Stephanie Carrie launched himself into the sun instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry has been affected approximately 0% by these rules change tho, and is as effective as ever so some posters ITT are eating a big sandwich on that one
    Curry was the first one to adjust after testing the refs during preseason
    Besides, he is so good he can do without it

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    at people who act like it was "today's rules" that allowed this to be called a foul to begin with. it was always a foul, until the rule change that began this year. the difference was players only in recent years began exploiting it on the regular. no different than flopping always existing but didn't really begin to take off until rodman and laimbeer were doing it a ton (yet somehow modern players are blamed for starting flopping )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league isn’t shutting down light contact. They are shutting down offensive flops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people who act like it was "today's rules" that allowed this to be called a foul to begin with. it was always a foul, until the rule change that began this year. the difference was players only in recent years began exploiting it on the regular. no different than flopping always existing but didn't really begin to take off until rodman and laimbeer were doing it a ton (yet somehow modern players are blamed for starting flopping )
    Add Mahorn, Jordan, Reggie, Vlade to the list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add Mahorn, Jordan, Reggie, Vlade to the list
    No Utah little girl impregnator?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only saw a short highlight but appears HardenRef is back last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only saw a short highlight but appears HardenRef is back last night.
    What I saw were actually fouls. That's going to happen. The new foul calling scheme will also embolden the defense, and it's likely some fouls will still happen because the defense wants to find out how far they can go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Utah little girl impregnator?
    Ah yes him and his anti vaxx teammate too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I saw were actually fouls. That's going to happen. The new foul calling scheme will also embolden the defense, and it's likely some fouls will still happen because the defense wants to find out how far they can go.
    That is very good to hear. Because the replay i saw is exactly the same Harden, Steffi etc have pulled and what this enforcement was supposed to cover.
    I've since watched a longer highlight and he does indeed sink many legit shots.
    Just hoping the 16 FTs were at least 90% earned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information