Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not because the water is too hot, dillweed. Fight for that shadow of a w.
    I wasn't aware there was a dispute. Who's winning?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, except of course about boats not running so great in certain civilizationally important European rivers because they're running dry in an historic drought/heatwave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    related to the river water being hot, n'est-ce pas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gazprom throttles gas to France, Germany upbeat on energy security:

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said Tuesday that his country is well-prepared to tackle a possible energy shortage because of Russia's squeeze on European gas supplies, even as fears grow about the juggernaut of rising prices that will likely hit consumers across the continent this winter.

Scholz spoke at the start of a two-day government retreat, attended also by Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez, which will focus on the impacts of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on the energy supply in Europe.

Scholz cited Germany's decisions to reactivate oil and coal-fired power plants, mandate the filling of natural gas storage facilities and lease floating liquefied natural gas terminals. A decision on extending the operating life of Germany's three remaining nuclear power plants is also expected soon.

“All of this and many further measures have contributed to us being in a much better situation as far as supply security is concerned than could have been foreseen a couple of months ago,” Scholz told reporters at the government’s guest house in Meseberg, north of Berlin.
    https://www.wral.com/germany-upbeat-...ance/20438804/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EU price caps coming?

(Price caps are already in place for Spain and Portugal.)

Tinne Van der Straeten said gas prices should be frozen and not used to dictate the price of electricity.

EU states have been struggling with huge energy price hikes since key gas supplier Russia invaded Ukraine in February, triggering sanctions.

Countries backing Ukraine are trying to cut imports of Russian gas and oil.

Russia, which supplied the EU with 40% of its gas last year, has in turn restricted supplies.

As well as gas, electricity prices have reached record highs.

Natural gas is still widely used to generate electricity. Because gas prices have risen, this costs more.

Significantly, this price is used when buying electricity wholesale even when it comes from much cheaper renewable resources.

"We have to stop this madness that is happening right now on energy markets," Austria's Chancellor Karl Nehammer said.

"We cannot let [Russian President Vladimir] Putin determine the European electricity price every day," he added.

EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen also criticised the method used to price electricity being sold on the EU market.

Speaking to reporters in Slovenia, she said the bloc was preparing "structural" emergency reforms that would tackle high costs - but did not give further details.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62710522

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't aware there was a dispute. Who's winning?
    Maybe don't quote me and respond as if you were aware.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH shows over and over that he rarely even reads the he posts. When called out on the veracity of a claim in a linked article, he flips like a roach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe don't quote me and respond as if you were aware.
    I'll file that recommendation with the rest of your free advice, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH shows over and over that he rarely even reads the he posts. When called out on the veracity of a claim in a linked article, he flips like a roach.
    what claim?

what flip out?

you're trippin, dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EU price caps coming?

(Price caps are already in place for Spain and Portugal.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62710522
    Seems like attempting to cap local prices on a global commodity would just lead to more shortages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like attempting to cap local prices on a global commodity would just lead to more shortages.
    short term, they're aiming to keep people from freezing this fall and winter.

if I've understood correctly, the EU will be considering delinking commodity prices from the price of electricity to consumers, hitting power plants instead of oil and gas producers. not sure how'd they'd pull that off without propping up domestic energy companies, but it might not lead to shortages. market is bound to be distorted somehow, we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US to return to JPCOA deal?

Oil tumbled as much as $6 a barrel on Tuesday, with global crude benchmark Brent falling beneath key $100 pricing, after a pro-Tehran television station out of London reported that Iran and the United States have reached a deal to revive a nuclear deal that could legitimately put the Islamic Republic’s oil back on the export market.

“Iran and the US have reached an agreement (on revival of JCPOA), and it will be announced in the next two or three weeks," a former IAEA official told Iran International, according to a news alert monitored by Investing.com.

Brent crude, the London-traded global benchmark for oil, was down $5.69 to $97.24 per barrel by 12:40 ET (16:40 GMT), after falling more than $6 earlier to a session low of $96.64.

New York-traded West Texas Intermediate crude, the benchmark for US crude, was down $5.97 to $92.11 per barrel after a session low at $90.56.
    https://www.investing.com/news/commo...agreed-2882738

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what claim?

what flip out?

you're trippin, dude.
    Exactly, you post so much you have zero idea what you're even posting or discussing and you've been busted on it countless times already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, you post so much you have zero idea what you're even posting or discussing and you've been busted on it countless times already.
    Sometimes it's like you're talking to yourself, man. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Something topical, or is it all about me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes it's like you're talking to yourself, man
    welcome to the club

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Officials in the Biden administration are signaling the plan to cap Russian oil prices could backfire, according to a report from Bloomberg.

OPEC+'s cut to its production quota last week could end up undermining the effort to cap prices, sources told Bloomberg. The cartel's move has already added to volatility in markets, and a price cap on Russian oil could trigger a e in crude, they said.

Officials also noted concern that Russian President Vladimir Putin could retaliate by slashing more supplies, sending prices higher. Putin has already signaled that the Kremlin will not sell oil to countries that participate in the price cap effort.
    https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...142047988.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    diesel crunch

Global diesel and other distillate fuel stocks have been on the decline for a while now, and there is no reversal of this trend in sight. Demand, on the other hand, has been growing, leading to a widening shortage.

The situation has become so grave that U.S. buyers have begun snapping up diesel cargos originally sailing for Europe.
    Reuters reported earlier this month that at least three tankers carrying diesel from the Middle East had changed their course mid-journey and were now traveling to the United States. And this new compe ion is about to intensify.

The foundation of the shortage is the gap between refining capacity and fuel demand. The pandemic saw a lot of refineries close, especially in the United States. It wasn’t just the pandemic itself—the anticipation of a boom in demand for EVs that would render a lot of refining capacity obsolete also had a part to play, as Reuters’ John Kemp noted in a column last week.

This boom has yet to materialize, however. In the meantime, fuel demand remains robust, resulting in a shortage. In Europe, there have been contributing factors, such as the French refinery workers’ strike, which has made the shortage much worse than it would have been otherwise, and the upcoming planned maintenance-related refinery closures
    Europe is currently buying a lot of Russian diesel to fill the gap, but this will have to stop next February as the embargo on Russian fuels kicks in, further aggravating an already complicated situation with the supply of middle distillates in a major consuming region

Argus reported this week that Europe is in for a major diesel supply shock because of low inventories and strong demand. And the level of inventories had a lot to do with the unplanned outages at European refineries before maintenance season, including the four-week drop in French fuel output amid the workers’ strike.

On top of that, the article quoted traders as saying there has been little incentive to build diesel inventories in the current market situation: diesel is strongly backwardated right now, so from the perspective of refiners and commodity traders, there is little sense in stockpiling.

In the United States, meanwhile, distillate stocks have fallen to 106 million barrels, which is the lowest since records of these stocks began back in 1982, Reuters’ Kemp reported. Europe is doing a little better, with distillate stocks at 360 million barrels at the end of September, the lowest seasonal since 2007.

The U.S. has been exporting a lot of diesel to troubled Europe, but now things are changing, and not just because cargoes are being diverted from Europe to the U.S. coast. Refiners in the United States are bracing for a possible ban on fuel exports.

Floated earlier this year by the White House, the idea of banning fuel exports to secure supply for the local market prompted the CEO of the American Petroleum Ins ute and the head of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers to warn against such a move.

A ban on exports could “decrease inventory levels, reduce domestic refining capacity, put upward pressure on consumer fuel prices, and alienate U.S. allies during a time of war,” Mike Sommers from the API and Chet Thompson of the AFPM wrote to Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm.

Yet right now, U.S. buyers are snapping up diesel cargos from Europe in a way similar to how Europe has been snapping up LNG cargos originally meant for Asian destinations. And supply is not going up fast enough because there is not enough refining capacity for it to go up fast enough or even meaningfully enough. And this spells a lot more trouble for both Europe and the U.S., especially in the inflation department.
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...us-Levels.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heating oil reserves are backed up by LNG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The planet has been owned and operated by BigCorp, the Wealthy Class, operated into a hole of environmental, economic disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Allocation" of heating oil has already started in New England.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    German industry is buckling under high energy costs. Coming US industrial subsidies under the Inflation Reduction Act are already sharpening economic and political concerns in the EU.

One in four German companies is considering moving production to other countries amid the energy crisis, Tanja Gönner, CEO of the Federation of German Industries (BDI), told Die Welt am Sonntag news outlet.

The high energy prices and the weakening economy are hitting the German economy with full force and are placing a great burden on our companies compared to other international locations. The German business model is under enormous stress…Every fourth German company is thinking about relocating production abroad,” Gönner stated.

Germany’s energy-intensive chemical industry is particularly affected by the crisis, Wolfgang Grosse Entrup, CEO of the German chemical industry association (VCI), told the news outlet.

“The brutal energy prices are knocking us out…Without a functioning price brake, the government is willfully accepting deindustrialization,” he warned, adding that if the chemical industry fails, other industries will follow, which “could be the knockout for Germany as a business location.
    https://thepressunited.com/updates/g...companies-bdi/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another very opportune warm weather spell.

Thread Information