Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They must all be counted and received prior to the day-of voting to ensure speedy, smooth day-of counting. No more water leaks, late counting and other excuses.

January 6th incident was largely the Democrats' fault and the ballot administrators' faults for not having a better plan on how to ensure early and speedy counting of the massive amounts of mail-in and early ballots. All Mail in and Early ballots must be be received by no later than the Friday before election Tuesday, and counted by the end of the night on Monday.

On the Tuesday-of Election Day, the counted results should be released to the press- however, the press shall not release the numbers to the public (i.e. actually display the voting results) until the polls officially close, to ensure fair and unbiased voting-day voting.

As the election day moves forward, the election day votes shall be counted as they come in, to ensure that up to 99.7% of the votes in each and every state shall be counted and reported to the press and to the public by no later than one hour from the state's poll closure.

This will GUARANTEE that, going forward, America will know who will be in office (representative, senator, President, governor etc) by no later than midnight local time on Tuesday night, ensuring a productive rest of the work week and NO MORE 2020 LIKE INCIDENTS.

I firmly believe that, if the ballots had been counted properly in 2020 and had been completed on the night-of, Trump would have made a strong but real concession speech in lieu of "I'm going to fight and take it to the SCOTUS...." and January 6th and all the audits to follow would NOT have happened. There's a substantial difference between outright losing (and shaking hands) versus losing in a controversial fashion (such as in 2020, or Lakers-Kings 2002) and thus being pissed and rioting about it. Either side which lost in 2020 was going to riot, there was no doubt, just because of the historically awful process.

My fix should be FEDERAL LAW and apply to ALL 50 states.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    D.O.A.

The Dems, because of COVID have discovered a bonanza, a treasure trove of opportunity. That's the collateral damage of COVID, aside from the 700k dead Americans, sadly even more astute than that 700k.

"We," the Repubs must follow them, the Dems into the lawlessness of their pursuits with this mail-in kick. We'll get there, but we're ALWAYS late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absurd and inequitable. All this would do is diminish early voting, which is probably the whole point.

What's the problem with early voting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absurd and inequitable. All this would do is diminish early voting, which is probably the whole point.

What's the problem with early voting?
    How would it diminish early voting? You have the same amount of time for early voting, just push it back to a bit earlier in October.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D.O.A.

The Dems, because of COVID have discovered a bonanza, a treasure trove of opportunity. That's the collateral damage of COVID, aside from the 700k dead Americans, sadly even more astute than that 700k.

"We," the Repubs must follow them, the Dems into the lawlessness of their pursuits with this mail-in kick. We'll get there, but we're ALWAYS late.
    Biden really sweeped the floor with Trump in the dead-Arizonans vote. Trump should have leveraged Halloween and tapped into that critical voting bloc somehow. Oh well.... there's always next time.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Biden really sweeped the floor with Trump in the dead-Arizonans vote. Trump should have leveraged Halloween and tapped into that critical voting bloc somehow. Oh well.... there's always next time.
    & you can damn well bet the decision not to follow the Dem's last fall in voting by mail has haunted him ever since. "Wait and go to the polls." He implored us.

But President Trump has to (see something) before he'll believe it/something. You can see that trait in his trails.

It's like when he was sworn and didn't clean house top-to-bottom. Huge mistake. Was it laziness, or, believe in the old bromide:::"We're all Americans, they'll treat me like the President of the United States and not some interloper who has nary business in here." He knows the answer now. A goodly portion of us knew the answer in-that-moment.

Now if there is the "next time" he'll be, no, we'll be a tortured lot to follow the Dem's in early/mail-in/
    "cheating" voting. "Christ, if I do that now/'24 I'll look like a copy-cat, I'll be doing precisely what they did and they'll see me doing it."

(They) kept their voting motif TOP- ING-SECRET, then hit us with the proverbial 50-foot tidal wave. Miserably it was a brilliant strategy, coupled with a flawless application. Makes the stomach turn over.

Thread Information