Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    For like two weeks reliability has been for me, my internet goes down at least 3 times a day and my neighbors on Spectrum say the same . I look at their outage maps and it looks like they're having tons of outages in San Antonio, Austin, and Houston. Anyone else getting third world service from them the last couple of weeks?
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-08-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes. Especially annoying since I work from home. I had ATT before and theirs was dog also. No Google fiber in my area yet but I'm definitely dumping them when a legit option presents itself

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yes. Especially annoying since I work from home. I had ATT before and theirs was dog also. No Google fiber in my area yet but I'm definitely dumping them when a legit option presents itself
    But has it gotten worse these last couple of weeks? has been pretty reliable for me for more than ten years and now it's constantly in and out in my neighborhood these last two weeks. Speed has never been very good and price sucks but at least it worked, now I don't even get that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No service issues in N Austin.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Medina county, just west of SA city limits. We went away from them in 2015 to AT&T-DirecTV and haven't had problems except when there's the really bad weather we get sometimes in the springtime, usually in May.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I cancelled Spectrum and have AT&T fiber now. Spectrum was dog , antiquated equipment and long ass resets with service bandwidth drops constantly. No issues now and I don't miss "channels". tbh, you get the same channels over and over and they just call it more channels. Just buy what you want to watch or get streaming services, customize your viewing and browsing choices and don't pay too much for service. I pay less than a quarter of what I was paying and get at least 2x more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have Spectrum for internet only and haven't noticed any outages recently.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I have U-Verse Fiber and my internet goes in and out all the time.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I have U-Verse Fiber and my internet goes in and out all the time.
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' in and out all the time.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' in and out all the time.

There was a week in around early-mid October 2016 that I ate nothing but In N Out for about a week as they were having a promo. Good times.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They're everywhere... Spectrum and their cousins from Comcast...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Goes out all the time. Seems to get worse every year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i have spectrum

it sucks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Mexican internet

No problem with Videotron here

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    baseline bum If your service sucks I'm sure it's the wiring from their nodes to your home. I have fought this battle several times with them while living in apartments with old wiring.. after escalating the issue 3 times and demanding their in house techs come and do a rewire (which they tried hard to avoid) the problem was fixed immediately. When I bought my house it was a brand new install and in over 6 years I've had one or two outages that lasted only a few minutes, and my speeds are faster than advertised 100% of the time.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    It's true that the problem could be in the coax cables and/or fittings. If you don't already know how, learn how to get the signal readings for all the channels in your modem. If any of them are out of range, that's good and relevant information to pass to tech support and whoever comes out to fix your . Cable can work fine but there are so many things that can go wrong in that last mile.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How is Comcast?

Haven't even seen it around here. Is it predominately somewhere else in the country?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have had Spectrum for the last 3 years and before that Uverse (not fiber) up in Stone Oak and have never experienced an outage except during the February freeze. I intend to switch to Google Fiber when they finish the installation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avoid Comcast like the plague.

They have hidden fees, rate salesperson gives you is not rate you are billed, raise rates without notice, slow internet speed, and have horrible customer service.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Cable companies work on local monopolies so you'll rarely see overlap with Comcast. They're in Houston IIRC.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 10-11-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have had Spectrum for the last 3 years and before that Uverse (not fiber) up in Stone Oak and have never experienced an outage except during the February freeze. I intend to switch to Google Fiber when they finish the installation.
    Judging from the amount of people complaining on Nextdoor, Google Fiber is dog . People just have a hard on for it because of the speed test results. Working from home would be a real challenge with service like I see constantly being reported around the neighborhood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm in a ~3 year old neighborhood and had few problems with either Spectrum when I had them or now with ATT Fiber (save some installation issues). If I had the kind of problems mentioned here for WFH, I'd use a true unlimited cell plan as a backup.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm in a ~3 year old neighborhood and had few problems with either Spectrum when I had them or now with ATT Fiber (save some installation issues). If I had the kind of problems mentioned here for WFH, I'd use a true unlimited cell plan as a backup.
    Yeah.. I really believe the condition of the lines no matter the provider is the root of most performance issues. For Google though, I don't have a theory why so many people are complaining about outages, it's all brand new lines here.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How is Comcast?

Haven't even seen it around here. Is it predominately somewhere else in the country?
    ing awful. If you're in a populated neighborhood, no need to pay for the "best speeds", everyone siphons off bandwidth. I have the highest residential speeds you can have and still have to have my work PC hardwired to maximize speeds. , absolute dog .

UVerse was by far the best internet service I ever had. Zero issues. No lag or lowered speeds. Super cheap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    A single non-gamer with a good Verizon 5G signal at home could probably just get a Visible plan for $40 a month and not miss traditional home internet. Its tethering is limited to one device but any Windows 10 laptop or some ASUS routers could hotspot it to the other devices.

Thread Information