Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, my thoughts are not so much praising Luka but critiquing the way he was developed. How do you never give a 19th pick big minutes to kick the tires? He did get minutes in the last meaningless bubble game, but that’s it as far as I remember. I think the development process was flawed, even if the player still sucks, so to speak.
    Spurs are among the league best at developing their young talent. Why is it so hard for some of you to believe that he just isn't that good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because maybe you make him earn minutes instead of just having them handed to him?
    Damn straight.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka with Bryn or Patty's work ethic would be a starter.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are among the league best at developing their young talent. Why is it so hard for some of you to believe that he just isn't that good?
    First, their track record is trending in the wrong direction. Also, I wrote that his development was flawed even if he sucks. They hopefully learned something from the Luka disaster, which at the least is don’t draft problematic players. OR, if they do, then take a different approach. Lonnie’s development sucks also, and he isn’t a malcontent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka with Bryn or Patty's work ethic would be a starter.
    Damn straight.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In theory yes, but this was done to such a degree that it’s poor asset management. There are plenty of times to give extended minutes to a player.

So, if you are in favor of the development process, that’s fine, it usually has worked well over the decades. But then the critique becomes “how could they draft so poorly?”

It’s easy to blame Luka and move on, but I think it pushes things under the rug, so to speak.
    I'm going to blame Samanic. The Spurs have been strong for decades with player development from fixing Tony Parker's and Kawhi Leonard's completely broken shots to pulling nobodies like Malik Rose, Stephen Jackson, and Danny Green off the scrap heap and making them into valuable players to taking low draft picks like George Hill, Dejounte Murray, and Derrick White and developing them into important rotation players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to blame Samanic. The Spurs have been strong for decades with player development from fixing Tony Parker's and Kawhi Leonard's completely broken shots to pulling nobodies like Malik Rose, Stephen Jackson, and Danny Green off the scrap heap and making them into valuable players to taking low draft picks like George Hill, Dejounte Murray, and Derrick White and developing them into important rotation players.

This. The Spurs have made all kinds of scrubs look like players here only for them to get overpaid somewhere else and ride the pine

No other team hits as consistently with late picks than SA. Even Kyle Anderson is a hot trade commodity right now. You can't win em all, so for there to be so much ire over a 19th pick not panning out is kinda humorous. Most picks average 5 years in the league, meaning the vast majority are busts, and Luka clearly had huge bust potential from day one. the fact that he had to sign a two-way deal is proof enough that he really isnt that good to begin with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they still believe the Spurs can do no wrong with draft picks, and it's only Pop's fault for not playing them. Just because a few benched rookies ended up becoming someone, they assume every pick that doesn't get PT is going through the same ordeal. Truth is, Puka Sammich just sucks and has a ty at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair. But we aren’t developing only role players now. And our staff has been gutted except for Chip. And Luka had a higher ceiling than Forbes or Malik or whoever.

But let’s say they still develop well, which I’m beginning to question, then it was a horrible draft analysis to get him. It’s a bad look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, their track record is trending in the wrong direction. Also, I wrote that his development was flawed even if he sucks. They hopefully learned something from the Luka disaster, which at the least is don’t draft problematic players. OR, if they do, then take a different approach. Lonnie’s development sucks also, and he isn’t a malcontent.
    The commonality of both picks is that they were high order athletes, drafted for that reason. Lonnie with a 33” vertical is second round to Undrafted. If you’re trying to reload, you have to take more chances then when you’re filling pieces in on a contender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, my thoughts are not so much praising Luka but critiquing the way he was developed. How do you never give a 19th pick big minutes to kick the tires? He did get minutes in the last meaningless bubble game, but that’s it as far as I remember. I think the development process was flawed, even if the player still sucks, so to speak.
    Exactly! Pop sucking Gay’s nuts last year was unexplainable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There track record is trending the wrong direction? your joking right? or did you just pull this from your ass?

Look at the draft history for the past 5 years and tell me there heading the wrong direction with their development.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a reason the vast majority of fans screamed WTF on draft night. Drafting him was painful to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There track record is trending the wrong direction? your joking right? or did you just pull this from your ass?

Look at the draft history for the past 5 years and tell me there heading the wrong direction with their development.

Luka never improved and was cut before his his third season.

Walker hasn’t improved one bit either and wasn’t offered an extension.

Yak has shown almost no improvement.

Keldon can still barely hit a jumper even though that’s the single thing he needs to do most.

White seems to have plateaued.

Eubanks and DJ look improved, though.

Those are examples of trending in the wrong direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, these players are awesome with a projected 30 game win season at best. Truth is Luca sucks but so does every other player on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wiped his Twitter, just black on his profile picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wiped his Twitter, just black on his profile picture.
    Found out he can only spend 45 days in NYC, so he’s mad at them, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play for the Knicks yesterday. Is he on their G-league team or did they cut him?

Kinda think he'll be out of the league soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play for the Knicks yesterday. Is he on their G-league team or did they cut him?

yeah, his stock is plummeting fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's on a two way contract.
    Not sure where he was last night.

Knicks and Celtics both seriously overplayed their starters. OT and 2nd OT looked like a bad YMCA game.
    Wouldn't conclude Luka is gone if he doesn't play for the Knicks. But yes that would be a step backword if he never plays the whole season.
    BSPN shows him as on the Knicks roster.

Wonder if when on a 2 way contract if one can stay in the big teams city (NY) and not have to go to the G League team?
    Pussy Central for Luka if he is single. Fark what an upgrade!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're saying he won't spend his nights watching game film?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's on a two way contract.
    Not sure where he was last night.

Knicks and Celtics both seriously overplayed their starters. OT and 2nd OT looked like a bad YMCA game.
    Wouldn't conclude Luka is gone if he doesn't play for the Knicks. But yes that would be a step backword if he never plays the whole season.
    BSPN shows him as on the Knicks roster.

Wonder if when on a 2 way contract if one can stay in the big teams city (NY) and not have to go to the G League team?
    If the two way rules are back to normal, he can only spend 45 days with the big club. Not 45 games, 45 days. That includes practice days, travel days, game days, and off days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're saying he won't spend his nights watching game film?

Who knows this could be the motivational push Luka needs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY DIDN'T THIBS GIVE LUKA ANY PLAYING TIME?!!!! HE IS STUNTING HIS DEVELOPMENT! A DOUBLE OT GAME AND NO LUKA???? WTF MAN. THIBS NEEDS TO GET OVER HIMSELF

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

There was no way Knicks were going to play him in a close, double OT game against the Celtics. Sam will be lucky to get playing time in a blowout win

Thread Information