Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams have moved on for players that have show more. For example, the crappy Kings let Harry Giles go, not picking up his fourth year option after he showed decent progress. He is still only 23 and now a fringe NBA player. Luka will likely be out of the league if the Spurs release him. I would like to give him this year, although I don’t blame them if they want to move on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be disappointing if true… and also a big mistake, in my opinion. Someone will pick him up and we’ll regret the day we gave up on him.
    co-signed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams have moved on for players that have show more. For example, the crappy Kings let Harry Giles go, not picking up his fourth year option after he showed decent progress. He is still only 23 and now a fringe NBA player. Luka will likely be out of the league if the Spurs release him. I would like to give him this year, although I don’t blame them if they want to move on.
    He’s getting paid for this year, since that option was picked up last fall. They may be willing to eat that if they really see no path forward with him, though. He makes a lot less than Aminu, just a shade under $3M for this coming season, and they will likely jettison Aminu’s TOSB ass.

If they pick up the option, they’re committing to paying him about $7.5M over the coming two seasons. They can walk away from him for $3M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that second one is almost just as bad. Loses sight of the ball, then just stands there to watch the cut right to the basket and dunk. Low awareness and zero effort.

Even KBD was giving him for not rotating, so that says something there.
    It could be frustration playing garbage minutes. I’m not saying it’s okay but getting like that and feeling not being given a chance to prove himself. I’m not saying he’s right, but somebody needs to get through to him, Manu, whoever. Pop could be too harsh sometimes. Not everybody’s cut like Tony who can just take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be frustration playing garbage minutes. I’m not saying it’s okay but getting like that and feeling not being given a chance to prove himself. I’m not saying he’s right, but somebody needs to get through to him, Manu, whoever. Pop could be too harsh sometimes. Not everybody’s cut like Tony who can just take it.
    It wasn't really "garbage minutes" though.

Yes, he only got 4 minutes at the end of a preseason game and probably wanted more...but the game was still being contested at that point. Both teams were still trying to win.

It would be one thing if they were up or down by like 20. But as someone who has played in plenty of sports and games that are completely meaningless outside of the people playing them, compe ive instinct should kick in at some point.

If it's a case of him coming in and pouting because he didn't get more minutes, that's been exactly the problem with him since he was drafted. I know Pop's not the easiest coach in the world, but at a certain point you gotta man the up and try to prove him wrong.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can't earn preseason minutes then him. He's not due minutes he won't work for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day we would say “Something ain’t right with that boy”
    I wonder if he just don’t like Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen Luka give lackluster effort before. Last night was next level display of no effort. It was pretty much disrespectful to the game.

How did we ever reach this point?

Did Luka forget to flush the toilet and left the toilet bowl with horse-sized ? Did Pop walk in and was met with a ty surprise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day we would say “Something ain’t right with that boy”
    I wonder if he just don’t like Pop
    I mean, apparently he's a reactionary right-winger, so I wouldn't be surprised if his at ude is a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, apparently he's a reactionary right-winger, so I wouldn't be surprised if his at ude is a problem.
    You can kind of get a sense of what Luka’s character is like when you find out that he follows Jake ing Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Pop’s team, not RC’s. I also think he is gone. He might be a star if he goes overseas, it’s not working out here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Luka is as good as gone, hated the pick from day one lol but it is possible he unfollowed the spurs just because there were comments about him sucking that could have been affecting his well being tbh

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who'd have thought wasting a lottery pick on a raw skinny white pf euro was a bad idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he didn’t unfollow, rather Spurs twitter and insta blocked him to show him how to at least try and block someone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Luka is as good as gone, hated the pick from day one lol but it is possible he unfollowed the spurs just because there were comments about him sucking that could have been affecting his well being tbh
    Yup this could be a good reason. Sometimes the media/fans could be too harsh and just needs to get off any distractions and get re-focus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he didn’t unfollow, rather Spurs twitter and insta blocked him to show him how to at least try and block someone?
    Spurs still follow him on IG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still follow him on IG
    haha I was joking. I find the whole who follows who thing a little overdone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha I was joking. I find the whole who follows who thing a little overdone.
    The whole looking for clues in social media posts thing is vastly overdone. Of course most people aren't going to give honest objective assessments of their teammates' shortcomings in a public forum... not if they don't want to make waves and cause all kinds of problems. It's 95% just a place for cheerleading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who'd have thought wasting a lottery pick on a raw skinny white pf euro was a bad idea
    technically, it wasn't a lottery pick but i get the gist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno 2.0 or maybe Nando 2.0?
    Seems there's always some Euro white guy that gets in Pop's doghouse.

I hope Luka gets it together and plays some meaningful basketball somewhere.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup this could be a good reason. Sometimes the media/fans could be too harsh and just needs to get off any distractions and get re-focus
    make the first step!
    you’re ing on Poeltl since he was traded to SA, calling him lazy and so on. or do have special rules for some players?

Samanic has all talent, but not the mentality to have a place in the NBA. Neither MJ, nor Kobe nor Lebron would be the players the are/were without their work ethic. Sam doesn’t get that. First I also believed that it takes longer for him to acclimate, but the more I see the more I think he goes the Bender route.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have waived him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you PATFO for finally seeing the light

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count