Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfollowed the Spurs on both his social media accounts (Twitter and IG).

Yeah, it could be similar to Murray’s antics (he’s actually grown up in that area), but given the cir stances and the fact that he’s never done this despite harsh criticism, I don’t think so.

The play where he gave up on defending the fast break was the final nail in the coffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I mentioned in the other thread, KBD fills the backup 3.5 quite nicely and surprisingly, Landale can play a little bit of the 4. Jock is sort of how I envisioned Luka to be on offense: spot up 3’s, passing, post ups. No, he’s not as good at defending the perimeter, Luka was special in that regard. But Landale is strong, doesn’t flail around, and actually has his head screwed on straight.

Maybe someday the Spurs will have a promising prospect at the 4 who is tall, can shoot the 3, and isn’t a recluse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good news, dare I say. we'll have plenty of "take a flier" young talent to assess over the next 3 seasons, we don't need to settle for a guy like luka who just didn't have the fire in his belly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a bit early to say, only focusing on social networks…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the clip of him giving up on that fast break. That's unacceptable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking like him and Aminu are out. My view in how we should start the season given what we have seen thus far in the preseason:

Murray/White/Tre
    Walker/Forbes/Primo
    McD/Vassell
    Keldon/Thad/KBD
    Poetl/Eubanks/Jok/Colins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be disappointing if true… and also a big mistake, in my opinion. Someone will pick him up and we’ll regret the day we gave up on him.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, seemed obvious to me. He's not a rotation player at all, and it's been three years. He's just so raw.

Holistically speaking where the team is at right now, they can not afford to have a project of his magnitude, nor have the time to invest which he sorely needs. If true, wish him luck.

It was a gamble because of all the flags he showed prior but all things considered he's not a professional. He just gets by on elite genes.
    Last edited by raybies; 10-11-2021 at 07:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought the same thing when I just saw it ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Dude is a bust and wasted our resources for 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That happens quite a bit and it makes sense sometimes. However, if you are a scrub on a team and trying to make it you better at least try. That's what I never understood about this guy and others in his situation. They come out in trash time acting like they are too cool for school when they should be trying to be Ginobili hustling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seen him come in an I was like wtf Pop.. He should've been in the game. Then shortly after, that fastbreak happened. I was like Oh naaaw... He gotta go!! No effort at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t had a chance to watch any of the preseason games but, reading about how Luka has played when given minutes of multiple sites has disappointed me.

only one person (Rob Trejo Jr on Spurstube TV) out of the various San Antonio Spurs pundits I’ve read or seen said he played bad in the 1st quarter against Miami. Rob is far from objective on Samanic so I took his praise with a huge grain of salt. Lmao. It seems, when reading about Luka’s play that the same things that he was said to have issues with when getting drafted are still the same stuff that plagues him. SMH.

In the G-League last season he played hard and always gave maximum effort but it seems on the big squad he doesn’t always do this. I’ve also read (and even Rob stated) on multiple occasions Samanic would be in the wrong locations when set plays were run. Rob Trejo Jr. even pointed out a time in the Miami game where Pop was visibly upset that Luka screwed up a set play. SMH.

I was hoping that the guy would succeed and maybe the information the thread starter posted is incorrect or some tech issue but I stated (as well as a few others) that Samanic best chance of making this roster and sticking in the NBA getting consistent minutes was playing defense (which he got better at) and hitting the 3 at a good percentage on a decent amount. His shooting never manifested (and never was the greatest according to statistics here and abroad) like many thought it would.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka will not be cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka will not be cut.
    Bates-Diop makes him look even worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a quitter.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly disappointing if true but at least he was a bust at #19. Can’t imagine the meltdown if someone we drafted say in the top 5 picks was a bust for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's okay, he's still 3 years away from developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be disappointing if true… and also a big mistake, in my opinion. Someone will pick him up and we’ll regret the day we gave up on him.
    Not a chance, he doesn't compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka will not be cut.
    It will be fun to dig out this thread by the end of the season when Samanic will still be in the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His development has been disappointing, but he has shown enough flashes of being a decent player in the making. Sad that the Spurs haven't played him enough by giving him playing time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not surprising but it is disappointing...the guy's got loads of talent but the heart and the head don't seem to be there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, seemed obvious to me. He's not a rotation player at all, and it's been three years. He's just so raw.

Holistically speaking where the team is at right now, they can not afford to have a project of his magnitude, nor have the time to invest which he sorely needs. If true, wish him luck.

It was a gamble because of all the flags he showed prior but all things considered he's not a professional. He just gets by on elite genes.
    Are we talking about Luka or Walker?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we talking about Luka or Walker?
    Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get to watch this one, anyone got a clip of that fast break that ya'll are talking about?

Thread Information