Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka had times where he balled his ass off only to be DNPCD the next game... There's only so much ppl can take before they're like " this"... Even Kobe gave up in multiple games... Completely stopped trying... Should he have been cut too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte

I think you were the first to call that one in the game thread. GS lol
    ..and and some of us who understand the game said it shouldn't have been drafted in the first place.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka had times where he balled his ass off only to be DNPCD the next game... There's only so much ppl can take before they're like " this"... Even Kobe gave up in multiple games... Completely stopped trying... Should he have been cut too?
    when the did he balled his ass off? Loser scored 10 or more 3 times in his career. He never looked good..... Spurs standards really went down the hill once the big 3 retired. No wonder people still think Poeltl and Murray are actually good at basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when the did he balled his ass off? Loser scored 10 or more 3 times in his career. He never looked good..... Spurs standards really went down the hill once the big 3 retired. No wonder people still think Poeltl and Murray are actually good at basketball.
    s exactly what I’ve been saying my man. I couldn’t agree more
    Btw I said in July when we signed all our free agents that Luka wouldn’t have a spot on the team. It was pretty obvious then yet sniffers were all up in arms saying I was crazy. Luka has talent, he is young, he is growing, blah blah blah. When you convince yourself that mediocre is great then that’s how you lose a franchise for good. Glad to see the old man get rid of Luka. Now next on the chopping block is Lonnie and then hopefully Poeltl’s delusional ass demands a trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question every one should ask about Luka is whether he has made a play by an assist?

Sure he's got height and can hit the long ball, but can he pass?

Spurs acquired McDermot, Landale and Collins. What I've seen is the first two can pass. Also Collins when healthy is a bigger and better player than Samanic.

So it's actually a lot crowded in the space the Samanic fills up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting that scrub Luka in the same sentence as Kobe

Luka has never "balled his ass off" let alone multiple times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn’t surprise me if luka played like just to get out of sa and now will ball out with the knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante Exum, Pick 5 in 2014, waived. Also waived today was Pick 5 in 2016 (Kris Dunn) and Pick 9 in 2017 (Denis Smith Jr). All blown picks. Don't feel bad about pick 19 guys.
    I thought I heard via Twitter that Dennis Smith was going to make Portlands final roster. Did they change their minds and waive him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought I heard via Twitter that Dennis Smith was going to make Portlands final roster. Did they change their minds and waive him?
    Nah, he made it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delete your account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People would be less upset if Johnson and Luka swap draft positions.
    no, it would have been wasted pick anyway. There were a lot of better players and some of us called that on draft day, it was just one of the franchise's countless mistakes in recent years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol comparing Luka to Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... I love how Spurs fans get so butthurt we forget how all of us were mad at pop for benching him after he had some good games, especially on defense... Y'all really act like hurt exes... I for one will always be objective and won't automatically erase from my memory all those times... We can literally go in the chat threads and bring up posts... But carry on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To hate on Luca is to be a popsucker. If you are a popsucker then your a popsucker. Own it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, my mistake. He was waived by pistons a few months earlier though.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a few things. I liked Luka's potential. I felt he was drafted higher than he should have been. Always kinda looked as the Keldon looks picks as switched. I wasn't a big fan of what we could see outside looking in as his chances. He tended towards end of the bench and never got steady play time. He had games where it looked like he was ready to progress and that was when he wouldn't sniff minutes for a couple of weeks. That said it also never really seemed like he did have or develop a big skills increase and his knowledge of where to be when never seemed quite where it should be. I hope he does well in new York. I also want Thad Young to become a new Kevin Willis for us where an older professional player contributes when and where he can and shows the new guys what hard work and preparation means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention his debut was one of the worst I've ever seen for any player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention his debut was one of the worst I've ever seen for any player...
    Yeah, I just don't get it either.

Sure, the dude had a decent looking shot and would occasionally make some positive plays on defense, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Luka-stans seemed to focus on those fleeting moments as proof that he was putting it together, and would conveniently forget the other 10 minutes he was on the floor looking like a lost puppy.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy was never consistent despite the tools physically available to himself. It is mostly disappointing.

Spurs we're not going to get anything for him. Releasing was inevitable.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, my thoughts are not so much praising Luka but critiquing the way he was developed. How do you never give a 19th pick big minutes to kick the tires? He did get minutes in the last meaningless bubble game, but that’s it as far as I remember. I think the development process was flawed, even if the player still sucks, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, my thoughts are not so much praising Luka but critiquing the way he was developed. How do you never give a 19th pick big minutes to kick the tires? He did get minutes in the last meaningless bubble game, but that’s it as far as I remember. I think the development process was flawed, even if the player still sucks, so to speak.
    i agree with this to a point. i wish Pop had just let him play 20 minutes a game for a month or 2 and see what happens. this is your 19th pick, you might as well throw him out there and see what he can do.

But knowing Pop, my assumption is that his effort/at ude during practice did not translate to someone who wanted to be a full time rotation player.
    if you don't show it in practice, how can you expect it to magically happen during the games? unless you're allen iverson of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree with this to a point. i wish Pop had just let him play 20 minutes a game for a month or 2 and see what happens. this is your 19th pick, you might as well throw him out there and see what he can do.

But knowing Pop, my assumption is that his effort/at ude during practice did not translate to someone who wanted to be a full time rotation player.
    if you don't show it in practice, how can you expect it to magically happen during the games? unless you're allen iverson of course
    we talking about practice...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because maybe you make him earn minutes instead of just having them handed to him?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because maybe you make him earn minutes instead of just having them handed to him?
    In theory yes, but this was done to such a degree that it’s poor asset management. There are plenty of times to give extended minutes to a player.

So, if you are in favor of the development process, that’s fine, it usually has worked well over the decades. But then the critique becomes “how could they draft so poorly?”

It’s easy to blame Luka and move on, but I think it pushes things under the rug, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it

Thread Information