Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rise Rise Rise"

We need a place to honor San Antonio's token Dark Knight.

He's the hero San Antonio deserves but not the one it needs right now. So we'll talk about him and make fun of him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent assassin, a watchful traffic cone, our Dark Knight.

Got you Bryn "Champion" Forbes. I'm back on the boat man. He's had a storybook career from an undrafted two with no genes, and just heart and mind. He literally reminds me of the movie "Rudy."

Lead us to the promised land Bryn Curry (Edit: but from the bench.*)
    Last edited by raybies; 10-11-2021 at 08:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rise Rise Rise"

We need a place to honor San Antonio's token Dark Knight.

He's the hero San Antonio deserves but not the one it needs right now. So we'll talk about him and make fun of him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent assassin, a watchful traffic cone, our Dark Knight.

Got you Bryn "Champion" Forbes. I'm back on the boat man. He's had a storybook career from an undrafted two with no genes, and just heart and mind. He literally reminds me of the movie "Rudy."

Lead us to the promised land Bryn Curry (Edit: but from the bench.*)
    I must admit he has earned his minutes as a key bench player at this point. He will always be a defensive liability but look at Patty: he bulked up and came along way on that side of the ball to become a sometimes pesky and smart defender from his hard work.

Bryn looks confident and his mid range game has improved. I genuinely think he is going to be a major contributor if he keeps this level of play/hustle up. I can no longer hate on a guy who works that damn hard and it’ll be easier to tolerate in a year we are certainly lottery bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must admit he has earned his minutes as a key bench player at this point. He will always be a defensive liability but look at Patty: he bulked up and came along way on that side of the ball to become a sometimes pesky and smart defender from his hard work.

Bryn looks confident and his mid range game has improved. I genuinely think he is going to be a major contributor if he keeps this level of play/hustle up. I can no longer hate on a guy who works that damn hard and it’ll be easier to tolerate in a year we are certainly lottery bound.
    Yeah I get the hate but that ain't his fault. Pop picks and chooses who he plays, ya know. But Bryn himself, I can respect him for what he's been able to accomplish with his lack of tools. He's found a way to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I get the hate but that ain't his fault. Pop picks and chooses who he plays, ya know. But Bryn himself, I can respect him for what he's been able to accomplish with his lack of tools. He's found a way to make a dollar out of 15 cents.
    Won’t surprise me to see him dropping 15ppg, 40-45% 3pt on volume shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will say that bryn has looked better, in preseason, than patty looked last season but i'll wait until the season to feel better about his signing. that being said, he might wind up being one of the more consistent scorers on this particular roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn, believe it or not, was first in the league in points per touch last year with players who had more then 1,000 possessions. That's pretty crazy.. He's pretty much a modern day microwave. (Dougie was 3rd.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn, believe it or not, was first in the league in points per touch last year with players who had more then 1,000 possessions. That's pretty crazy.. He's pretty much a modern day microwave. (Dougie was 3rd.)
    As long as Forbes is shooting straight, scoring has never been a problem for him.

It always comes down to how much he gives up on the other end and whether that washes out or not.

That said...this team may need someone who can score consistently just to stay in games, and although it's only preseason, Bryn has been that guy so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Forbes is shooting straight, scoring has never been a problem for him.

It always comes down to how much he gives up on the other end and whether that washes out or not.

That said...this team may need someone who can score consistently just to stay in games, and although it's only preseason, Bryn has been that guy so far.
    Ad long as he doesn’t share the court with McD it should be easier to hide/help him on the defensive end with DJ/White/Vassell sharing the bulk of the minutes when he is on the floor. Bryn was playing in lineups that featured Derozan, Patty and Rudy Gay while he was here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes looks more vital than I expected. The team winds up running around like a chicken with its head chopped off way too often. It's not surprising, given the loss of big veterans and the new vets not knowing the system whatsoever. I can't believe Forbes is a calming hand, but he is so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the people’s champ and leading us back to the promised land via a top 5 draft pick!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're on this ride again, hm? Same thing when he was with the Spurs last time. He plays a couple of average games(this time it's just preseason, yet here we are) in a row and people are thinking "well, he's not that bad".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think dislike for Bryn is certainly because of how Pop uses him, no ill-will towards Bryn himself. He shouldn't be a starter, and he shouldn't be getting big minutes.

As the microwave off the bench in short stints...perfect!

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rather have ty luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only a matter of time until he starts at SG in place of Derrick White...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This le cracked me up. Thanks OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have just about sh!tty anybody, tbh. I was looking forward to the first season in a long time without a no-defense playing midget on the roster...but no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the "Re-loaded Magazine of Bryn Forbes"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like the chamber pot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This le cracked me up. Thanks OP.
    Thanks Bill. I feel no one truly appreciates the intricacies of thoughtful writing.

I appreciate you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the "Re-loaded Magazine of Bryn Forbes"?
    Yeah I thought about that thread, only this thread le was a package deal with the dispose so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ing sick of his bull Pick & Roll play already and it's been what, 3 preseason games?

I'd rather watch Primo turnovers against ball pressure whilst getting reps than watch this guy chuck up junk 18 footers after a pissy attempt at snaking the PnR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I want him starting over Derrick.
    Derrick, Lonnie, Vassell, Landale, Youngwould be fun to watch and great together.
    We are going to be ty on D anyways and with Poeltl the lanes are going to be clogged. Might as well have McDoug and Forbes start and open up the lanes a bit for KJ and Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do not start him ... play him for 15 minutes ... do not play him in crunch time (unless he is totally on fire)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This seemed somehow appropriate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about Forbes is that despite his physical limitations, he got better over time.

This is why you keep people like this in your organization.

Thread Information