Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    cancel culture is becoming the modern euphemism for consequences for what you've done
    When people get in trouble for old high school/college tweets, that’s tough. Nobody wants to be judged on the person they were as a dumb kid.

But Gruden was a grown man saying that stuff, he got what he deserved.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    When people get in trouble for old high school/college tweets, that’s tough. Nobody wants to be judged on the person they were as a dumb kid.

But Gruden was a grown man saying that stuff, he got what he deserved.
    100%

gruden was 48 years old in 2011 . and the they found goes all the way through 2018

realisitcally, there is no way the locker room was going to be behind him. he had to step down because he wouldnt be able to effectively lead

Post Count
    cancel culture is becoming the modern euphemism for consequences for what you've done
    somewhat

but theres also the aspect of forgiveness and moving on, which doesnt seem to be an option with cancel culture

not saying thats the case with gruden, but just in general.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    somewhat

but theres also the aspect of forgiveness and moving on, which doesnt seem to be an option with cancel culture

not saying thats the case with gruden, but just in general.
    disagree. if someone said a lot of dumb a long time ago, they could come out and own it without making stupid excuses. i think there's a limit when you are a public figure, leader of a team, and face of an organization.

Post Count
    disagree. if someone said a lot of dumb a long time ago, they could come out and own it without making stupid excuses. i think there's a limit when you are a public figure, leader of a team, and face of an organization.
    im not talking about gruden

and im not talking about people who continue to do and say stupid stuff

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Funny how the League employees criminals but mean language is a sand in the line.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    im not talking about gruden

and im not talking about people who continue to do and say stupid stuff
    sure. jimmy kimmel went and apologized about his blackface skits, and owned it.

theres also something to be said about the time period if which comments were made. so if somebody made phobic jokes in the 80's or 90's like a lot of movies did, and someone says "yeah those jokes were ed up and i shouldnt have said it" thats fine. gruden doesnt have any excuse for abject racism/ phobia in the 2010's

Post Count
    sure. jimmy kimmel went and apologized about his blackface skits, and owned it.

theres also something to be said about the time period if which comments were made. so if somebody made phobic jokes in the 80's or 90's like a lot of movies did, and someone says "yeah those jokes were ed up and i shouldnt have said it" thats fine. gruden doesnt have any excuse for abject racism/ phobia in the 2010's
    again, i agree

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Funny how the League employees criminals but mean language is a sand in the line.
    i think this is a fairer criticism tbh

but coaches and leaders are held to higher standards

Welp, he got caught. End of ing story. if you said it and did it-

just accept the consequences and move the on.

Unless you have a brainwashed cult full of idiot hypocrites worshipping you-
    you cannot get away with being a total ing asshole or criminal like trump.

If you are here and defending gruden- you are probably a brainwashed cult moron trumper also.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    No..... specifically consequences of hypermodern woke culture.

In the 1980s, 1990s and even 2000s that stuff would be laughed off. If there weren't "consequences" for that back then, then there shouldn't be now, plain and simple.

The leftward trend in 1st world society has all but ruined society as a whole, and has made living life miserable and like walking on a giant eggs .
    If there weren't consequences for owning slaves in the 1800s then there shouldn't be now, plain and simple.

Damn 1st world liberals.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Welp, he got caught. End of ing story. if you said it and did it-

just accept the consequences and move the on.

Unless you have a brainwashed cult full of idiot hypocrites worshipping you-
    you cannot get away with being a total ing asshole or criminal like trump.

If you are here and defending gruden- you are probably a brainwashed cult moron trumper also.
    Unhinged

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If there weren't consequences for owning slaves in the 1800s then there shouldn't be now, plain and simple.

Damn 1st world liberals.
    Not sure referencing slavery in a thread about mean emails is the right strategy. Why not go Holocaust?

Post Count
    Gruden's action was to resign. Because he couldn't take the heat of words. Blame Gruden first. He resigned. He quit. If he has no fault, then he should have stuck his ground and forced the Raiders or the NFL to do something. Then blame cancel culture. No one fired him, suspended him, fined him. He quit because he couldn't take the critical words from public perception.

The way you want to criticize cancel culture, you should direct the most blame on Gruden. He suc bed to it. He knelt to it. He caved. He quit.

People who have a problem with cancel culture should choose to ignore it or rise above it. Otherwise, ing about it makes you its .

So are you cancel culture's ? Well, are you?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Damn 1st world liberals.
    that's a ghastly comparison. Again, actions vs. words. Judge people on actions, not words. Owning other humans as property vs. controversial speech is an actual comparison? I don't want to live in this damn country anymore... better off banging hot chicks in Ukraine or Albania or ing Malaysia.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if he didnt resign, the raiders probably would have suspended or looked to terminate him for cause. if they didnt do that, the league would have suspended him like they did sean peyton

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    that's a ghastly comparison. Again, actions vs. words. Judge people on actions, not words. Owning other humans as property vs. controversial speech is an actual comparison? I don't want to live in this damn country anymore... better off banging hot chicks in Ukraine or Albania or ing Malaysia.
    It's the appeal to tradition fallacy, genius.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if he didnt resign, the raiders probably would have suspended or looked to terminate him for cause. if they didnt do that, the league would have suspended him like they did sean peyton
    There's a difference between words and actually cheating or paying bottom roster players big bonuses for intentionally injuring players including Brett Favre, like Payton was absolutely guilty of doing.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's the appeal to tradition fallacy, genius.
    canceling people over actions has always been a thing and been fair and reasonable. Canceling people over words and speech is heinous, inhuman and immoral.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    canceling people over actions has always been a thing and been fair and reasonable. Canceling people over words and speech is heinous, inhuman and immoral.
    have you ever heard of the PHRASE, "just following orders" ? So the people who give the orders are always blameless? You need a first amendment lesson.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Look at millennial going to bat for Kaepernick taking a knee. Who would have thought..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Look at millennial going to bat for Kaepernick taking a knee. Who would have thought..
    Kaepernick 100% had the right to take a knee... but the movement as a whole was overblown. I do think for the record he was a good enough quarterback to stay in the NFL, but he wasn't a sure fire starter anymore once the 49ers lost their offensive line and defense he was exposed as an average and sporadic QB. The problem is due to the movement becoming a big thing, Kaepernick's ego got massively inflated, and despite being offered multiple jobs they were generally backup QB jobs and not for the money he felt like he was "worth" (top tier QB salary was around 25M-30M per year at the time) so he felt insulted and chose to hold out of the league for a bigger offer and to be a starter. Ultimately, it wasn't Goodell and/or the owners conspiring to blacklist him from the league... but rather, they would not pay him what he and his ego felt he was worth, he refused to play for less than top dollar and not guaranteed a starting job, and felt that his side career as a SJW would carry him to greatness outside of the NFL... lo and behold, 3 years later he attempts to come back, bungles that last attempt the league set up for him in Atlanta, and is now effectively permanently out of the league. By his own doing. Not by kneeling... but by gaining the massive ego and not willing to face reality (the Super Bowl runner-up run in SF on a stacked team was not good enough to make him a long term top tier NFL quarterback, and be paid as such).

Tebow is a right wing religious republican and something similar happened to him... he had a big ego back in the day, refused to be anything but a starting quarterback, gets demoted from the league, fails at trying to play baseball, then 8 years later he finally takes people's advice from 2012 saying he should convert to tight end or fullback... but only at this point, he's already well past his prime, and pretty much forgot how to play football. At least he finally gave up his ego. But he's effectively permanently out of the league, not because of his Jesus-kneeling, but because of his performance and his own massive ego and not willing to face reality (the miracle run and playoff OT win in Denver was not good enough to make him a long term top tier NFL quarterback, and be paid as such).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    have you ever heard of the PHRASE, "just following orders" ? So the people who give the orders are always blameless? You need a first amendment lesson.
    People who blindly follow orders just because their superiors said so are sheeple. Go to the shear machines... now back to the barns... now off to the slaughterhouse.

America was founded on disobedience and insubordination (to the UK). Which, IMO, is a good thing, and is the most pure American thing there is in existence... disobedience, insubordination, insurrection. Don't tread on me. We told the mighty United Kingdom "No", and were the first to do so. Remember, 'twas the Shot Heard Round The World... not The Peaceful Protest Heard Round The World. January 6th, 2021 will live in infamy, because it was a peaceful riot and not a bunch of strong-minded civilian militants with guns ready to spill blood if necessary to save our country from the current catastrophe (Biden regime).

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Not sure why anyone bothers responding to that welching ass hole Andy.

he really isn’t worth the time or energy tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure why anyone bothers responding to that welching ass hole Andy.

he really isn’t worth the time or energy tbh.
    Your Aaron Rodgers welched. You have nary room, BD24.

Chicken .

Thread Information