Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem really upset. Real men don’t cry about stuff like this. Stop being such a weak beta.
    Come see how weak I am bro or keep cheerleading on your boyfriend FATTY.

You are worthless Mono. One day when you're gone from existence your mother will finally have the freedom to live her life without being weighed down by your lazy fat ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The over/under of tats crying about people not leaving him alone at 7 posts
    It'd be awesome if all these alts were ousted or straight out banned. You s with alts are nothing but pussies.
    Close enough. Who had the under?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Come see how weak I am bro or keep cheerleading on your boyfriend FATTY.

You are worthless Mono. One day when you're gone from existence your mother will finally have the freedom to live her life without being weighed down by your lazy fat ass.
    Changing the subject, only weak beta males do that. Sad!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you believe in gravity? If if so, why?
    You're dragging a red herring now.

If belief isn't by choice, it's silly to ask people to believe differently. You could instead suggest reading material or experiment or even offer a challenge based on logic and reasoning. Simply saying someone needs to alter their foundation for belief is pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If belief isn't by choice, it's silly to ask people to believe differently. You could instead suggest reading material or experiment or even offer a challenge based on logic and reasoning. Simply saying someone needs to alter their foundation for belief is pointless.
    belief not being a choice doesnt mean belief cant be changed

ie, believing in something. then being shown evidence to the contrary, which causes one to change their belief

i ask again: do you believe in gravity? if so, why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    belief not being a choice doesnt mean belief cant be changed

ie, believing in something. then being shown evidence to the contrary, which causes one to change their belief
    How does that detract from what I said?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A belief is like a garden. You can say you're growing a garden but are you really? Aren't you just providing the materials needed for the growth to happen? You cannot grow the plant. You can plant the seed and nurture it. You cannot change the belief. You can only provide the materials to aid in the belief growth/transformation. So saying someone should believe differently, as a simple "ought to" statement is fine. Saying it as a "if you cared you would" statement isn't. It shows ignorance about how beliefs are formed and ties the blame to the individual. But then that's the point, isn't it? To blame someone for it.

If the garden doesn't grow because of the quality of the soil, do you blame the soil or do you blame yourself for not planting where it could grow? If you blame the soil, did the soil have a choice? If you blame yourself, did you have a choice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If belief isn't by choice, it's silly to ask people to believe differently.
    Lol where are you getting that it's a proven fact that belief isn't by choice? And why are you trying to make it a thing in this thread? Are you really this desperate for intellectual validation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A belief is like a garden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A garden filled to brim with manure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring in the clowns..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol where are you getting that it's a proven fact that belief isn't by choice? And why are you trying to make it a thing in this thread? Are you really this desperate for intellectual validation?

So on a bet, you could believe a god exists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So on a bet, you could believe a god exists?
    On a bet? Of course not, although I'm fine with keeping the possibility open. I could believe a god exists if new evidence were introduced though.

Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC can’t answer whether he believes in gravity and why

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC can’t answer whether he believes in gravity and why
    Talking to the non-existent echo chamber again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a bet? Of course not, although I'm fine with keeping the possibility open. I could believe a god exists if new evidence were introduced though.

Now what?
    You said it was a choice. Now you're saying it requires compelling evidence. You can no sooner choose to believe in a god than you could choose to believe the Sun doesn't exist. We'd both have rude awakenings if evidence hit us in the face, but as it stands now, there's nothing to compel belief within us. We cannot just say "hey this girl is hot, she's theist. I think I'll start believing in god too since she might hook up with me". If belief was a choice, you could do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said it was a choice. Now you're saying it requires compelling evidence. You can no sooner choose to believe in a god than you could choose to believe the Sun doesn't exist. We'd both have rude awakenings if evidence hit us in the face, but as it stands now, there's nothing to compel belief within us. We cannot just say "hey this girl is hot, she's theist. I think I'll start believing in god too since she might hook up with me". If belief was a choice, you could do that.
    What's the point of this argument you're trying to stir up in a "this forum is garbage" thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point of this argument you're trying to stir up in a "this forum is garbage" thread?
    Appropriately, Poster B has the most posts (97 out if the 347 posts) in a thread about garbage.

He is just bloviating for sake of bloviating, nothing more tbh.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Appropriately, Poster B has the most posts (97 out if the 347 posts) in a thread about garbage.

He is just bloviating for sake of bloviating, nothing more tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone who professes to have me on ignore cannot stop talking about me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree belief isn't a choice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point of the argument is to argue. RG made a poorly worded point about the nature of belief, dmc pounced, sr21 argued and dmc locked down in his workroom at the expense of his family for the weekend.

Wash, rinse repeat.

I honestly don’t know why y’all continue to fall for this addict’s bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the bloviating continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point of the argument is to argue. RG made a poorly worded point about the nature of belief, dmc pounced, sr21 argued and dmc locked down in his workroom at the expense of his family for the weekend.

Wash, rinse repeat.

I honestly don’t know why y’all continue to fall for this addict’s bull .
    I have you on a leash. Don't leave that out. Oh and chapter 2 needs to drop soon. Chop chop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have you on a leash. Don't leave that out. Oh and chapter 2 needs to drop soon. Chop chop
    Lol. You don’t believe that. You know I see right through your pathetic game.

I’ll give you one thing though, you have a few here trained to feed your addiction. Don’t count me as one of them. I’m simply providing color (I think you refer to it as whining) which annoys you. I’ll continue to annoy. At my own cadence. I refuse to Annoy you at the expense of my life .

Thread Information