Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, pls, stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, I saw the chart. I'm automatically part of "The Echo Chamber", right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, I saw the chart. I'm automatically part of "The Echo Chamber", right?
    It's DMCs version of derp's "chumpettes" I guess

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show of hands, who here believes that belief is not a choice?
    Holy !
    the nature of Free will...

Shockingly... Im outta here.
    * ST board breathes a sigh of relief *

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's DMCs version of derp's "chumpettes" I guess
    That you Reck?

Asking for a helpless, fat handed tranny looking for men to "echo chambered" him as his belief isn't by choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    try was a poor choice of words. could still be valid to say "you ers have stopped basing your beliefs in anything that approaches reality"

but i guess you can harp on that word
    It is stupid thing to hang ones hat on.

I meant: "modern conservatives have completely ceased even the vague pretense of believing things are true for anything that approaches reason or evidence"

They used to like to cloak their delusions in at least some sciency sounding bull and dim understanding of economics.

now... not so much.

TRYING to pretend you have a good reason to believe something, is different than not giving a .

the neo-fascists do not give a that what they believe is bull . "pwn the libs" is the whole of the law.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's declaring victory after floundering for two straight weeks is truly *chef's kiss*.

He's his own echo chamber. Put it on the bingo card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I meant: "modern conservatives have completely ceased even the vague pretense of believing things are true for anything that approaches reason or evidence"

They used to like to cloak their delusions in at least some sciency sounding bull and dim understanding of economics.

now... not so much.

TRYING to pretend you have a good reason to believe something, is different than not giving a .

the neo-fascists do not give a that what they believe is bull . "pwn the libs" is the whole of the law.
    There's so much wrong with this that just knowing where to start is difficult.

I think I know what you're trying to say but it doesn't make a lot of sense. I think you're trying to say people should educate themselves and not look only for things to confirm their currently held beliefs. That goes for everyone though. The left is also only willing to go so far with science before they default to their social goals. If science doesn't say what you like, you instead use an "ought to" approach. People ought to get vaccinated even if they have higher immunity than vaccinated people around them. Science would only say what effects it would have. It doesn't explain what ought to happen. That's where politics comes in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the echo chamber exposed!
    "The Hive"
    "The Crew"
    "The Collective"
    "ST Avengers"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Hive"
    "The Crew"
    "The Collective"
    "ST Avengers"

Your circle of trust, creators of the narrative

Bend over, I'll show you in' BINGO

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I feel like DMCorn’s strategy here is to just get his ass handed to him non-stop until everyone posting here gets bored and stops, then he declares victory as the last man standing. Also known as The Derparooski.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like DMCorn’s strategy here is to just get his ass handed to him non-stop until everyone posting here gets bored and stops, then he declares victory as the last man standing. Also known as The Derparooski.
    he seems very committed to step 1, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Hive"
    "The Crew"
    "The Collective"
    "ST Avengers"

You went out of you way to keep tabs on his behaviors. You went further out of your way to make a bingo card of him.

Not as bad as some of the other deviant-stalker behaviors here, but still...wow and LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no need to go out of my way, he repeats himself over and over again.

hence the viability of bingo cards

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    no need to go out of my way, he repeats himself over and over again.

hence the viability of bingo cards
    Understudy just wants Papa to notice him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol when chucho plays the reverse rent free card

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's so much wrong with this that just knowing where to start is difficult.

I think I know what you're trying to say but it doesn't make a lot of sense. I think you're trying to say people should educate themselves and not look only for things to confirm their currently held beliefs. That goes for everyone though. The left is also only willing to go so far with science before they default to their social goals. If science doesn't say what you like, you instead use an "ought to" approach. People ought to get vaccinated even if they have higher immunity than vaccinated people around them. Science would only say what effects it would have. It doesn't explain what ought to happen. That's where politics comes in.
    Social goals, i.e. "ought to", are value judgments, and as such may or may not have a scientific component underlying them.

No one "ought to" starve. There isn't any scientific component to that. Your assertion here seems incoherent.

Feel free to find ONE instance of the "left" ignoring science when it actively conflicts with "ought to". Your assertion, your burden of proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

now... not so much.

Yeah conservatives, libertarians, and those who don't subscribe to the hivemind don't believe in science or facts says the sciencey factual leftist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social goals, i.e. "ought to", are value judgments, and as such may or may not have a scientific component underlying them.

No one "ought to" starve. There isn't any scientific component to that. Your assertion here seems incoherent.

Feel free to find ONE instance of the "left" ignoring science when it actively conflicts with "ought to". Your assertion, your burden of proof.
    Well the gender iden y thing for one. You want to call a male a female because you ought be able to be called whatever you identify with. Science clearly lays out the X and Y chromosome thingy and the left ignores it for the sake of social comfort. But you and SR21 the interjector will claim that gender and sex are completely different and that science doesn't address gender roles with genetics. The entire gender role concept is where you deviate from science. That's one. Another is that majority of you think a god exists. That completely goes against the science of rigorous testing and falsifiable claims. Then there's the "natural immunity people should be vaxxed" claim. That's an "ought" that doesn't rely on anything other than the left wanting to feel safer. I already illustrated that if person X wasn't ever infected with COVID and got vaxxed, then person X would have immunity less than if person X was infected with COVID, survived and didn't get vaxxed. The counter was "but they should be as protected as possible" and that's simply not relying on science to show they are just as protected if not moreso than all the millions of vaxxed people who never had COVID. There are more but you can chew on these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah conservatives, libertarians, and those who don't subscribe to the hivemind don't believe in science or facts says the sciencey factual leftist.

Not for nothing but Caitlyn is actually a conservative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for nothing but Caitlyn is actually a conservative.
    A conservative would never be a tranny unfortunately so no Brucey is nothing more than a grifter in a dress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A conservative would never be a tranny unfortunately so no Brucey is nothing more than a grifter in a dress.
    Not necessarily true. Conservative is about fiscal responsibility to some, social appearance and protocol to others. Like the left, the right has a spectrum of beliefs, it's not genous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily true. Conservative is about fiscal responsibility to some, social appearance and protocol to others. Like the left, the right has a spectrum of beliefs, it's not genous.
    What are you conserving if not the nuclear family and traditional aspects of life and nature? Transsexualism isn't natural in the least and is not apart of conservatism whatsoever. Brucey might have some conservative ideals but like a square peg he ain't fitting in a round hole.

It's like others online who grift and call themselves conservatives similar to Blair White.

I'm all for people being who they want to be or who they envision themselves to be but blurring the lines doesn't help anyone especially in politics.

I'm not a conservative per se because I hold opinions contrary to most conservatives but my understanding of that ideology doesn't mesh with transsexualism or most "leftist" ideals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you conserving if not the nuclear family and traditional aspects of life and nature? Transsexualism isn't natural in the least and is not apart of conservatism whatsoever. Brucey might have some conservative ideals but like a square peg he ain't fitting in a round hole.

It's like others online who grift and call themselves conservatives similar to Blair White.

I'm all for people being who they want to be or who they envision themselves to be but blurring the lines doesn't help anyone especially in politics.

I'm not a conservative per se because I hold opinions contrary to most conservatives but my understanding of that ideology doesn't mesh with transsexualism or most "leftist" ideals.
    Divorce rates are high among both sides. I think Caitlyn holds traditional values but had some inner struggles that seems to have resulted in where she is now. I wouldn't say it's not natural since we too are part of nature and transexualism exists all over the world and always has. Just because it's repressed doesn't mean it's unnatural. It might be unwelcomed though. The same is true for sexuality. The great Spartans were known for having boy toys and yet the right wears their emblems and their credos proudly with Molon Labe. That's because the masculine traits and results of the Spartans provide enough of a front to enable pretending they weren't ing boys in reality.

So it's not about natural vs unnatural. That's a losing argument. It's about science vs "ought". We don't have to use science to know what ought to be except in matters where a common goal exists, then to get there we can use science to say what ought to happen to get there. That part needs to make sense and be backed by science, not just "ought".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude comes back 2 weeks later with a reply and expects you to continue.
    mono backed by dabom.

Thread Information