Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. This kid looking like one of the best players on this team. He better not see a second of the G League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect to see Primo in the G-league. I just hope, that if that turns out to be the case, that he is not there for long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As they would say if Primo were a baseball player, the only thing he could learn in the minors is how to order a meal on the road.
    Nice. Yeah, I don't see what he's supposed to learn in the G-League. He obviously has a lot to learn, plus skills that need to be improved (ball handling is a big one), but I just don't see what playing with lesser compe ion is going to do for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Yeah, I don't see what he's supposed to learn in the G-League. He obviously has a lot to learn, plus skills that need to be improved (ball handling is a big one), but I just don't see what playing with lesser compe ion is going to do for him.
    It gets him playing time. He played well in some preseason games, and a scrimmage, but he’s not bumping ant of our more experienced guards/wings out of the rotation. He’d be reduced to PT scraps, and that’s not what he needs to develop. The only place he gets serious burn is in Austin.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him dominate in G League, hopefully, for a month, and see where we’re at. They’re still figuring out Lonnie and maybe even Tre. And soon enough Primo can get quality minutes in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It gets him playing time. He played well in some preseason games, and a scrimmage, but he’s not bumping ant of our more experienced guards/wings out of the rotation. He’d be reduced to PT scraps, and that’s not what he needs to develop. The only place he gets serious burn is in Austin.
    Which should happen often, this team sucks and the 12th pick is going to be in the G League? I can see if this was a playoff team but it's not. I honestly think Pop will have him by his side this season, I think it's beneficial for him to be going on these road trips and be with the team building relationships, be in the locker room, huddles, all of that. He needs to be with this team plain and simple.
    Last edited by emanueldavidginobili; 10-15-2021 at 12:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I get what you mean, my Spurs fan side wants to just shove all the experts on Draft night who gave us F grade (admittedly I’m one of them ). I don’t doubt Primo feels he belong and seems to relish the spotlight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard couldn't do jack his rookie year, besides defense and shoot a corner three and was on a playoff team and didn't play a game in the G League, and he turned out alright. Dude could barley dribble and we're talking about Primo going to the G League to work on his handles and passing lmao. This team sucks I am sure he kills these players in practice tbh, there's no reason for him to be in the GL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not PATFOs style to throw the new kid to the wolves but one thing that's interesting is that with whites injury prone glass slippers (and I love white) it might be in the coaches back mind to fast track primo just in case.

Especially with Tre coming off some issues too, how are you going to feel if white gets hurt and you've had primo toiling in kindergarten instead of potentially getting him ready to jump in.

Obviously depends on primo and pre season 3rd stringers and scrimmage level effort is a far cry from real NBA action.

We may very well see primo hit the wall and this is not even a discussion soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him in the regular rotation, or he should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if primo takes the route that KJ did in the G-League, I'm okay with it. He can work on ball-handling/play making and other areas of deficiency and then work his way back to the roster. Again, I'd be okay with it as long as it wasn't for too long a stretch of time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he will get a little bit of both spending some time in G League will get him major minutes and he can work on things he needs to. I think if Vassell had went to G League last year he would be a much better player but it is what it is. I do think that it’s almost a given that White will miss games and he will have to be brought up and given good minutes. One thing to look out for us when he hits that Rookie wall he will definitely hit.

But one thing for sure is that he is now the best Spurs player and is definitely a corner stone for us going into the future. It will be interesting to see how he fits in and if Pop is going to give him the Green light to shooting or will he have a quick chain on him in making any type of mistakes. Just curious what position do you all see him playing more of PG or SG or SF in his future?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want him to get 35 minutes a night playing as primary initiator on the floor, he has to go to the G-league...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Primo has the most potential because other than Keldon everyone else has almost peaked. Having said that, DJ is likely to have the best year and his best year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo needs to get some time on the floor in the NBA. He will obviously spend time in Austin, but I'm hoping Pop sees something in him and gives him the Tony Parker treatment - tough love, but a lot of opportunity. Obviously not a starting gig, but at least a chance to play real minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, You don't put a lottery pick in G League that's just silly. You especially don't if your not even a playoff team when the goal is to get better. Since your not contending for anything the best thing is to let your future gain experience and learn against NBA level talent which he would lack just playing in the G league.

I agree that he would get more PT but would all of that PT really be a benefit versus going up against NBA level talent?

Thread Information