Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine believing Fauci had no part in all of this including many others.

Mr 5 languages is ing dumb as a rock tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    [1]"U.S. Government Gain-of-Function Deliberative Process and Research Funding Pause (from 2014) "
    Rejected. Not relevant to proving assertion. A funding pause from research in 2014 actually is proof that such research was stopped years ago.

[2]"Gain-of-Function Research: Ethical Analysis"
    Rejected. Not relevant to proving assertion. Analysis of what should be done is not evidence of what was done.

[3]Website: Research Involving Enhanced Potential Pandemic Pathogens
    "To date, only three [project proposals] involving ePPP research were reviewed by the HHS P3CO Review Group ... However, NIAID ultimately decided to redirect all funds under the award to support alternative approaches that do not involve ePPP research."
    Relevant, but is evidence that no research was performed, disproving assertion.

[4]Ban on gain-of-function studies ends
    Rejected. Relevant, but not proof of assertion. See previous.

[5]Gain-of-function mutation of microRNA-140 in human skeletal dysplasia
    Rejected. Not relevant. Study is a gain-of-function analysis of one human gene (microRNA-140), and not of any virus. Mutation likely caused by pathogen, but study did not involve inducing gain-of-function on micro-organisms.

So, you not only have no evidence of assertion, but evidence assertion is false, and, if my own understanding is correct, one study you included because you didn't understand it.

Par for the course in conspiracy theory. It fails utterly and is actively disproved by available evidence.
    I don't believe Fauci planned and cooked up Covid 19 but I do think he has lied about the funding of gain of function research. I do believe it originated and leaked from a lab and Fauci has been trying to help cover that up. The extreme push to silence the lab leak theory from the start was very suspect.

EcoHealth Alliance Conducted Risky Experiments on MERS Virus in China

Do ents released by the National Ins utes of Health yesterday raise new questions about government-funded research on viruses conducted in China. The annual grant reports from EcoHealth Alliance, which the NIH sent to The Intercept in response to a lawsuit, provided additional evidence that the U.S. nonprofit — which studies emerging infectious diseases — and its sub-awardee, the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology, were engaged in risky experiments and that the NIH may not have been fully aware of these activities.

Yesterday, the NIH provided that missing report for the period ending May 2019, which was inexplicably dated August 2021. That summary of the group’s work includes a description of an experiment the EcoHealth Alliance conducted involving infectious clones of MERS-CoV, the virus that caused a deadly outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome in 2012. MERS has a case-fatality rate as high as 35 percent, much higher than Covid-19’s. The scientists swapped out the virus’s receptor-binding domain, or RBD, a part of the e protein that enables it to enter a host’s cells, according to the report. “We constructed the full-length infectious clone of MERS-CoV, and replaced the RBD of MERS-CoV with the RBDs of various strains of HKU4-related coronaviruses previously identified in bats from different provinces in southern China,” the scientists wrote.
    “Changing the receptor binding site on MERS is sort of crazy,” wrote Jack Nunberg, a virologist and director of the Montana Biotechnology Center at the University of Montana, in an email to The Intercept after reviewing the do ents. “Although these new chimeric viruses may retain properties of the MERS-CoV genetic backbone, engineering of a known human pathogen raises new and unpredictable risks beyond those posed by their previously reported studies using a non-pathogenic bat virus backbone.” The researchers’ intent, which some scientists consider integral to defining gain-of-function, remains unclear.

“In the very same report, they showed data that one of their chimeric SARS-like viruses caused more severe disease in a humanized animal model than the original virus,” said Alina Chan, a Boston-based molecular biologist and co-author of the upcoming book “Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19.” “After seeing that result, why did they do similar work using the MERS human pathogen?”

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/21/...n-experiments/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe Fauci planned and cooked up Covid 19 but I do think he has lied about the funding of gain of function research. I do believe it originated and leaked from a lab and Fauci has been trying to help cover that up. The extreme push to silence the lab leak theory from the start was very suspect.

Do ents released by the National Ins utes of Health yesterday raise new questions about government-funded research on viruses conducted in China. The annual grant reports from EcoHealth Alliance, which the NIH sent to The Intercept in response to a lawsuit, provided additional evidence that the U.S. nonprofit — which studies emerging infectious diseases — and its sub-awardee, the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology, were engaged in risky experiments and that the NIH may not have been fully aware of these activities.

Yesterday, the NIH provided that missing report for the period ending May 2019, which was inexplicably dated August 2021. That summary of the group’s work includes a description of an experiment the EcoHealth Alliance conducted involving infectious clones of MERS-CoV, the virus that caused a deadly outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome in 2012. MERS has a case-fatality rate as high as 35 percent, much higher than Covid-19’s. The scientists swapped out the virus’s receptor-binding domain, or RBD, a part of the e protein that enables it to enter a host’s cells, according to the report. “We constructed the full-length infectious clone of MERS-CoV, and replaced the RBD of MERS-CoV with the RBDs of various strains of HKU4-related coronaviruses previously identified in bats from different provinces in southern China,” the scientists wrote.
    “Changing the receptor binding site on MERS is sort of crazy,” wrote Jack Nunberg, a virologist and director of the Montana Biotechnology Center at the University of Montana, in an email to The Intercept after reviewing the do ents. “Although these new chimeric viruses may retain properties of the MERS-CoV genetic backbone, engineering of a known human pathogen raises new and unpredictable risks beyond those posed by their previously reported studies using a non-pathogenic bat virus backbone.” The researchers’ intent, which some scientists consider integral to defining gain-of-function, remains unclear.

“In the very same report, they showed data that one of their chimeric SARS-like viruses caused more severe disease in a humanized animal model than the original virus,” said Alina Chan, a Boston-based molecular biologist and co-author of the upcoming book “Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19.” “After seeing that result, why did they do similar work using the MERS human pathogen?”

The actual do ents state no such thing. The claims come from opinions about the do ents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one study you included because you didn't understand it.
    Wrong. I didn't even look at any of those links Charlie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one study you included because you didn't understand it.
    Wrong. I didn't even look at any of those links Charlie.
    If you didn't read it, you didn't understand it. Nuance from not being able to understand it, were you to do so.

Kudos for trying though. It was good to read through, and I am much more informed on this than I was when I started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump had every chance to be a true American hero. Some men just can't answer the bell.
    BONE SPURS!!!! ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nope. Close, but no banana. Nono is right, there was no research done on COVID species, and they had very very strict controls in place that essentially prevented research from even getting funding.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nope. Close, but no banana. Nono is right, there was no research done on COVID species, and they had very very strict controls in place that essentially prevented research from even getting funding.
    There was clearly research done on coronaviruses according to HHS. The same letter HHS admits their "very very strict controls" were not followed.

"very very strict controls"

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a reason you're not using your TSA screen name? Did you lose another bet?

Thread Information