16 50.00%
  • Other (explain in comments)

9 28.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the natural scorer Rudy Gay was. But was supposed to be a little bit better at everything else. I have a feeling that's still pretty accurate. But if he's lost a step on defense I don't see how he's going to help this team. We have zero use for an older player that can't shoot if he isn't going to be a force on the defensive end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it as a matter of chemistry or being washed up. The reality is he's a four who'd ideally be paired with a stretch five, but the rotational fives on this team are both rim runners, so his best role on this team is small ball five. The problem is, they have more depth at the latter than the former.

I foresee limited minutes eventually leading to a mutual agreement whereby he's shutdown and away from the team while he awaits a trade (Celtics, Timberwolves, Suns, look like possibilities) or buyout.
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-17-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston just waived Parker. I wonder if they will take Young with their exception in exchange for a future 1st?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston just waived Parker. I wonder if they will take Young with their exception in exchange for a future 1st?
    Idk if that’s the type of move Boston would make right now, maybe at the deadline. I’m wondering why we haven’t heard about Aminu being cut yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk if that’s the type of move Boston would make right now, maybe at the deadline. I’m wondering why we haven’t heard about Aminu being cut yet
    I think final cuts don’t have to be until COB Monday. They won’t do it until the last minute to allow for last minute trades.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They seemed to like Parker so the only reason I see them cutting him is if they found someone better. The Celtics also have been under some pressure for not making enough improvements. So who knows!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy’s hardly played in preseason. Considering he was pretty darn good last year I’d withhold judgment myself.

Kind of a harsh poll, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough on Thad. Comes off a career year to get DNPs on a non-contending team. Hope we trade him for his (and our) sakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i feel bad for young and i don't even know much about him. but i hope he doesn't rot on the bench. he seems to deserve more than that fate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t feel too bad. In addition to collecting DNPs he’s also collecting $14M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Patrick Williams now likely out for the season, maybe the bulls will want young back.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy’s hardly played in preseason. Considering he was pretty darn good last year I’d withhold judgment myself.

Kind of a harsh poll, tbh.
    Yeah. To conclude the guy can’t play based on lack of playing time with the Spurs is ridiculous. I’m guessing he gets moved or released sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like the trade because it includes a future first round pick and two seconds while clearing away DeRozan's minutes for the younger guys. Hopefully something can be gotten for Young and Aminu-- that would be a bonus. But if not, I still like the trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Patrick Williams now likely out for the season, maybe the bulls will want young back.
    I don't think we can trade him to the team we got him from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like a Thad needs his own resurrection thread …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done Thad. Put in some quality minutes. Shook off the rust and got it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad Young and Walker for Ayton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad Young stocks going up again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he got Eubanks spot on the roster now. That guy needs to be glued to the bench. Young is way better and we can increase his trade value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goal needs to be to up his value by Feb. After that he’s really of little use to the team, beyond maybe 2 months of providing “intangibles/glue guy stuff.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad Young stocks going up again
    teams knocking down the spurs door as we speak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix just no-tendered Jalen Smith. He will be unrestricted next summer. Not a great look for Smith, or for Phoenix using the #10 pick on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix just no-tendered Jalen Smith. He will be unrestricted next summer. Not a great look for Smith, or for Phoenix using the #10 pick on him.
    Phoenix is cheap as . He was drafted too high, definitely, but he has some skills.

This likely puts to bed the rumors of Thad to PHX for Smith and Saric. It was probably dead for a while, but maybe Young starting to get some run and Smith getting declined right now means something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trading Young by the deadline would be the best move. Let him play back up C until Zach Collins is ready and then trade him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix is cheap as . He was drafted too high, definitely, but he has some skills.

This likely puts to bed the rumors of Thad to PHX for Smith and Saric. It was probably dead for a while, but maybe Young starting to get some run and Smith getting declined right now means something.
    Don’t think it was money. He sucked pretty badly last year, and wasn’t exactly lighting the world on fire this season.

Smiths is trash, and Saric is out for the year. Phoenix was trying to get something for nothing. They had until yesterday to pick up the option. That’s all it means.

Thread Information