My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...season-game-5/

Pretty entertaining preseason, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good play by pretty much the whole squad tonight.

Interesting comment about young. It does feel a little like there’s a trade in the works.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought the same... I feel like KJ is our most valuable player as trade value goes... KJ, Lonnie, Thad, and Aminu should net something of value. I kept trying to think how to word it but I think Vassell in Kawhi like role could be amazing for his growth. He is a much better defender then KJ although Keldon does scrap admirably. KJ gets by mostly on matador defense and being physical but Vas has elite defensive potential. I think Vas would fit really nice next to DJ and DW... I really believe it would be a much more focused offense.

It's been like musical chairs with how things fit... but at this time, at least for me, Lonnie and KJ seem to be odd men out but for different reasons. For Lonnie it's the timing of his contract as well what he's shown and KJ as aforementioned.

Dejounte, Derrick, Vassell, McDermott, Poetl
    Primo, Forbes, KBD, Eubanks
    Tre, Collins, Jock

To me Lonnie, KJ, Thad, and Aminu should net something really nice. This frees up time for everyone else. KBD can play both forward spots. Collins should be able to play backup four if and when he's ready, and Tre can play either guard spots.

If you can get a first and a solid range four, why not. Otherwise, we seem to have too many players who "need" minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely agree with Vassell's grade, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely agree with Vassell's grade, tbh.
    I agree imo

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really liking rhe McDermott signing.. A legit SF 3 point threat that moves well without the ball. Spurs drivers are going love having him as an option for a kickout or dish More times than not they will find him open .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. DJ is playing like a guy with a mission. And if the intention is to trade him, then he is helping to build his stock. Sixers could take a real good look at him because he can be their future starting PG. I wouldn’t mind losing him. Sadly that incident of him balking back at Pop with Demar calming him down, with the rookies looking, left a bitter taste. He will always be that guy when cornered, imo. And to me he can never be the leader of this group with that at ude.

Vassell is starting to show signs of why he was chosen 11th pick last year. I know he will be the best lockdown defender of this team, and seriously should be considered the starting SF. KJ on the other hand, is starting to look ideally like the 6th man with his motor but lack of half-court offense. It’s not popular, but unless he develops his mid-game, he will be a one-trick pony who other teams can easily neutralized. Great signing of McDermott and honestly, his hawkeye shooting is what’s keeping Bryn from starting imo. I’m sorry, I’m still not happy with Poeltl. I already predicted CW would have a monster rebound night. Where is the leadership that he was talking about taking over the offense, with 7 points? Now, Drew is another story. It’s day and night when a player really worked hard on his offensive game, and it’s obvious with Drew. Primo I wouldn’t mind if he gets more and more minutes. He gets it, and not afraid of the situation. Joe, I’m happy that he’s getting more at ease out there. I see a Duncan Robinson in him, and maybe a more athletic version even.

I can’t say I’m really happy with the team. It’s nice that shots are falling. I like the energy. CW having 19 boards is still a concern. It’s not a finish product, so I’ll wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great grades!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. DJ is playing like a guy with a mission. And if the intention is to trade him, then he is helping to build his stock. Sixers could take a real good look at him because he can be their future starting PG. I wouldn’t mind losing him. Sadly that incident of him balking back at Pop with Demar calming him down, with the rookies looking, left a bitter taste. He will always be that guy when cornered, imo. And to me he can never be the leader of this group with that at ude.

Vassell is starting to show signs of why he was chosen 11th pick last year. I know he will be the best lockdown defender of this team, and seriously should be considered the starting SF. KJ on the other hand, is starting to look ideally like the 6th man with his motor but lack of half-court offense. It’s not popular, but unless he develops his mid-game, he will be a one-trick pony who other teams can easily neutralized. Great signing of McDermott and honestly, his hawkeye shooting is what’s keeping Bryn from starting imo. I’m sorry, I’m still not happy with Poeltl. I already predicted CW would have a monster rebound night. Where is the leadership that he was talking about taking over the offense, with 7 points? Now, Drew is another story. It’s day and night when a player really worked hard on his offensive game, and it’s obvious with Drew. Primo I wouldn’t mind if he gets more and more minutes. He gets it, and not afraid of the situation. Joe, I’m happy that he’s getting more at ease out there. I see a Duncan Robinson in him, and maybe a more athletic version even.

I can’t say I’m really happy with the team. It’s nice that shots are falling. I like the energy. CW having 19 boards is still a concern. It’s not a finish product, so I’ll wait.

The same guy thinking last year’s player ppg would carry over this year and saying that the team wouldn’t score anywhere near 100 as a result is NOW complaining that a player on the opposing team had too good of a statline therefore the 28-pt blowout is meaningless. Your priorities are ed and now I highly doubt you ever watched a single Spurs game past five years ago when the Spurs were known for letting one or two players get their statline while they beat the out of them. Your basketball IQ equivalence is that of a potato.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The shots are falling because they’re open, mainly because no one knows who to defend. Last year, the first game with Phoenix in April, Pop sat DJ and DeRozan. Long story short, we blew their ing doors off by 20+, and had their announcers saying they wished DeRozan had played so that they knew how to defend.

I’m bullish on Devin. He can affect the game, like last night, even when his shot isn’t falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved the pace last night, DJ and DW would always advance the ball up the court to each other which created some good looks. Primo just has that ability to make tough shots, he's done it every game so far. He's also great at passing and then immediately find an open spot on the floor, just has an incredible feel for the game. It's hard to believe he's literally the youngest player in the entire league, his body is a lot more bulkier than I thought as well. Love Devins effort out there he's going to be very good, his offense will come dude plays with a quiet confidence. The unpredictability of this team will make for a fun team to watch this year.
    Last edited by emanueldavidginobili; 10-16-2021 at 09:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same guy thinking last year’s player ppg would carry over this year and saying that the team wouldn’t score anywhere near 100 as a result is NOW complaining that a player on the opposing team had too good of a statline therefore the 28-pt blowout is meaningless. Your priorities are ed and now I highly doubt you ever watched a single Spurs game past five years ago when the Spurs were known for letting one or two players get their statline while they beat the out of them. Your basketball IQ equivalence is that of a potato.
    It’s pre-season and we’re beating scrubs. I really do wish them well, but I think it’s a fools’ gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McBuckets should be among the league leaders in 3’s this year. Not a fan of his contract but if they wanted a veteran piece that meshed well with White/Murray/Kelvin/Poeltl on offense he’s the kind of guy that can put it together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see Primo get some real minutes in March.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see Primo get some real minutes in March.
    . . . '23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the deadline for the final cut? First game is Wednesday.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McBuckets should be among the league leaders in 3’s this year. Not a fan of his contract but if they wanted a veteran piece that meshed well with White/Murray/Kelvin/Poeltl on offense he’s the kind of guy that can put it together
    In percentage I can see it. For total makes, I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to ask more of the Murray/White pairing: 40 pts, 13 assists, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 3 TOs... They were efficient and aggressive.

Primo's handles still look really loose and shaky to me, but I like his fearlessness and shooting. Gotta admit: it looks now like the quickest way to add a star via trade would be by trading high on KJ. I love his energy, but I wonder if a barely 6'6" PF is really essential going forward. That'll be one of the most interesting things to watch this season. I guess we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the deadline for the final cut? First game is Wednesday.
    Season start on the 19th, so the 18th I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not so sure Keldon is a starter as I’ve said before….he may be a better fit for the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could not agree less with your take on DJ. Pop probably respected him more after that and it’s probably an after thought amongst anyone who understands compe ion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Keldon has hit a temporary wall -

with the really strange covid seasons, the olympics and his youth

he will have to just ride it out and start ballin' in a month or two IMO.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    timvp has a irrational hate of forbes for some reason..........yet he praised gay/deroznas defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not so sure Keldon is a starter as I’ve said before….he may be a better fit for the bench.
    He really needs to learn and utilize more... sophistication to his game in order to progress to the next level, to be sure.
    He's still that bull in a china shop and that's easy to neutralize by a team that wants to take him out of the game.

He needs a back to the basket game and learn a Eurostep and then up his passing...

He needs work.

Thread Information