Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    the 2019 plan just mentions a vague "future athletic site" next to the convocation center. of the two, the latter should be the priority.
    The difference from the original Park West plan is that the new arena and other sports venues are on the main campus instead of Park West. It looks like there will be enough room along 1604 to build a Bounce House if needed in the future without having to acquire any more land. They can put off a stadium until the city decides to give up on the dome. Main Campus will be crowded AF, but it seems they have what they need to move football on (near) campus in the future.

Post Count
    I just don't see the point of a new costly stadium when you have the Alamodome. When you are trying to market this team as "San Antonio's team" then a centrally located stadium with lots of modern upgrades makes more sense to me than trying to build smaller (and probably cheap) stadium on campus just to host 6 or 7 games when so many students are still commuters anyway.

UTSA still has issues fundraising so that money would be much better spent elsewhere. Plus, I think the Alamodome is actually a recruiting plus for UTSA. It's still fairly impressive compared to most other mid-major conference stadiums.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    An on-campus football stadium is at least a couple decades away. We're 11 years old. Look at USF, they're barely set to get their OCS. They've played at the Bucs stadium for like 25 years. Memphis still plays at the Liberty Bowl. UAB played at Legion Field for decades, just opened a new stadium which IIRC is partly owned by the city of Birmingham.

Baseball is next from what I read after the opening of the RACE facility. Then basketball arena. The Dome still has a lot of good use left. The city is still pumping money into it.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I can't embed tweets anymore for some reason. But it looks like we're getting an AAC invite as well. P6!

UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Charlotte, and Rice

https://twitter.com/theJJPerez/statu...EuJqrClhw&s=19

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I can't embed tweets anymore for some reason. But it looks like we're getting an AAC invite as well. P6!

UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Charlotte, and Rice

https://twitter.com/theJJPerez/statu...EuJqrClhw&s=19

It's OK if the other Texas schools are coming over. I don't expect SMU and Memphis to stay long.

AAC is really going for all the big markets, aren't they?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

It's OK if the other Texas schools are coming over. I don't expect SMU and Memphis to stay long.

AAC is really going for all the big markets, aren't they?
    It's all about the TV deals.

I can see Memphis finally getting an ACC invite at some point. Where do you see SMU going?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    It's all about the TV deals.

I can see Memphis finally getting an ACC invite at some point. Where do you see SMU going?
    I could see both of them going Big 12 tbh. All depends on the numbers.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I could see both of them going Big 12 tbh. All depends on the numbers.
    To go to 14? The Dallas market I think is covered pretty well already with tcu and to a degree tech and okie st. Not sure the numbers would add up enough with Memphis and smu to get a big enough contract to pay more per school than the coming 12. No idea tho, just speculating.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    To go to 14? The Dallas market I think is covered pretty well already with tcu and to a degree tech and okie st. Not sure the numbers would add up enough with Memphis and smu to get a big enough contract to pay more per school than the coming 12. No idea tho, just speculating.
    Yeah, it's all speculation.

I'll be surprised if UTSA follows through. Seems like they'd have to increase their spending like 25% to get in line with the new conference, but that's also speculation.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's all speculation.

I'll be surprised if UTSA follows through. Seems like they'd have to increase their spending like 25% to get in line with the new conference, but that's also speculation.
    The new AAC and big 12 tv contracts minus the exiting schools will be very interesting.

".......It's not clear what a 14-team AAC would be worth in media rights revenue. Conference USA schools get about $500,000 annually in their current TV deal. The AAC, as it currently exists, averages $7 million per team. That figure is expected to decline significantly after the loss of three schools to the Big 12....."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...or-membership/

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    The new AAC and big 12 tv contracts minus the exiting schools will be very interesting.

".......It's not clear what a 14-team AAC would be worth in media rights revenue. Conference USA schools get about $500,000 annually in their current TV deal. The AAC, as it currently exists, averages $7 million per team. That figure is expected to decline significantly after the loss of three schools to the Big 12....."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...or-membership/
    As long as it's ESPN and I don't have to go to Bein Sports or ing Facebook to watch a game I'll be cool with it.

Realignments are always fascinating. If we're moving up I'd expect to see some real arena plans rolled out soon.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    There's chatter that in bent AAC members will stay at $7 mill/yr through the remainder of the AAC deal (2031). Incoming members, including UTSA, will start at $2 mill and increase yearly. Still a no brainer, imo. If I'm not mistaken UCF, Houston, BYU and Cinci will have a similar structure when they enter the Big 12.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    There's chatter that in bent AAC members will stay at $7 mill/yr through the remainder of the AAC deal (2031). Incoming members, including UTSA, will start at $2 mill and increase yearly. Still a no brainer, imo. If I'm not mistaken UCF, Houston, BYU and Cinci will have a similar structure when they enter the Big 12.
    Yeah it was similar for tcu and West Virginia

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Really compact western division for Olympic sports with Wichita State. If SMU leaves and UTSA keeps it up, the Runners could be in the football championship game every year due to Navy's playing in the west.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    This is perfect

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This is perfect

Post Count
    This is perfect

LOVE THIS!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    This is perfect

SMU

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Nervous about this game, tbh. La Tech owns us in Ruston.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Nervous about this game, tbh. La Tech owns us in Ruston.

LT has to have a massive chip on its shoulder after losing this game of musical conference chairs. At least we won't have to watch games on Stadium in a couple years.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SMU has about 10,000 kids dont they? UTSA definitely has an advantage if the alumni come through. 35,000 kids. I think the numbers for UTSA have been over 30,000 for quite a while now. San Antonio is growing rapidly. I would love to have a 2nd college team to root for as a hometown school in a big Conference.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Really compact western division for Olympic sports with Wichita State. If SMU leaves and UTSA keeps it up, the Runners could be in the football championship game every year due to Navy's playing in the west.
    I have no idea why Rice still plays football.

Thread Information