Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    it's great to see the local talent play well. too many local kids get overlooked as the SA area plays second fiddle to the DFW, Houston and even Austin area. but these kids can play. judson seems to be playing better as of late, btw. should come down to them and steele for district (per usual).
    it will come down to Steele. we have improved, but we have a ways to go. Favela is a breath of fresh air at the QB spot and he is just a sop re. we still make too many mistakes. our C is still having hiking issues. Our K is very inconsistent. Our OL struggles a lot to make holes in the running game on a consistent basis or even pass protect consistently. Our WRs tend to drop easy passes. All of this and we are still putting up some nice points. We should have beat Hutto, but that kid hit a 52 yd FG to beat us. However, the FG try doesn't happen if the refs make the right call on the field. The ball it the ground before the receiver secured it. It should have been on the Hutto side of the field with only a few seconds left. Basically, it should have been a hail mary situation. The refs missed the call, it happens. Still, 52 yd FGs in HS, are you kidding me.

the 44-0 win-loss to East Central is a huge black eye for us. It was the best game they played from start to finish is a few years, but they lost due to forfeit. The position coaches need to do a better job of checking with the teachers about grades. all it took was 1 failing kid to ruin it for the rest.

So we have to win our last 2 games to guarantee a winning record. Both Steele and NB are playing very well this year. I see us splitting, losing to Steele and beating NB. That will give us a 5-5 record and we will be in the playoffs. Then, we have to win at least 2 games to end up with a total winning record.

Number 13, CB, is great in coverage. Unfortunately, he has hands of stone. He has dropped about 5 or 6 INTs this year. Also, if he keeps his head up instead of going for the big hit, he is in position to drop about 3 more, LOL.

Rocket Pride

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I hope we hang on to him for as long as we can, but I don't see how UT or A&M don't end up throwing the bank at him within 2 years max... with the shows both those schools have going.

Neh, he really doesn't have enough experience in the bank to garner blue blood attention unless he came cheap. He turned down tech pretty quickly to sign that extension so I think it's clear he's happy where he's at.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    traylor is a good fit for the UTSA program and i hope he stays for years to come. A&M and UT have too much hubris to seek him out. they both still think that they only deserve the biggest and brightest names. that very same hubris continues to be the downfall of both programs.

Post Count
    Cardenas is unbelievably clutch. His footwork for such a big guy is amazing.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i know the kid; he's a great, great person. very humble and respectful. i'm so glad to see him getting some recognition.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it will come down to Steele. we have improved, but we have a ways to go. Favela is a breath of fresh air at the QB spot and he is just a sop re. we still make too many mistakes. our C is still having hiking issues. Our K is very inconsistent. Our OL struggles a lot to make holes in the running game on a consistent basis or even pass protect consistently. Our WRs tend to drop easy passes. All of this and we are still putting up some nice points. We should have beat Hutto, but that kid hit a 52 yd FG to beat us. However, the FG try doesn't happen if the refs make the right call on the field. The ball it the ground before the receiver secured it. It should have been on the Hutto side of the field with only a few seconds left. Basically, it should have been a hail mary situation. The refs missed the call, it happens. Still, 52 yd FGs in HS, are you kidding me.

the 44-0 win-loss to East Central is a huge black eye for us. It was the best game they played from start to finish is a few years, but they lost due to forfeit. The position coaches need to do a better job of checking with the teachers about grades. all it took was 1 failing kid to ruin it for the rest.

So we have to win our last 2 games to guarantee a winning record. Both Steele and NB are playing very well this year. I see us splitting, losing to Steele and beating NB. That will give us a 5-5 record and we will be in the playoffs. Then, we have to win at least 2 games to end up with a total winning record.

Number 13, CB, is great in coverage. Unfortunately, he has hands of stone. He has dropped about 5 or 6 INTs this year. Also, if he keeps his head up instead of going for the big hit, he is in position to drop about 3 more, LOL.

Rocket Pride
    to start the year, i wasn't sure what to think of judson. all that talent wasn't adding up to wins. the forfeit hurt but they are playing much better now and they have some solid D1 talent. the turnaround for Steele has been the play of the Cornerstone transfers, Warner at QB and Cappell at WR (both sop res). They are solid D1 players and will be getting some real offers. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Warner will end up being the best QB Steele has ever had. so for the first time since the Justin Stockton years, Steele has explosive players again. they have some injuries though and not sure who will be back for this game. it's a rivalry so it will be brutal. but yeah, the forfeit will ultimately give Steele the le because they won't lose to Clemens. how far they can go this year depends on where Westlake lands (D1 or D2) and a possible rematch with Brennan. ultimately, getting through either Katy or North Shore is a formidable task for whatever team comes out of the SA area.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think it's great that schools all over from top to bottom have access to phenomenal skill players.

Really the only difference from top to bottom are the players on the line

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Neh, he really doesn't have enough experience in the bank to garner blue blood attention unless he came cheap. He turned down tech pretty quickly to sign that extension so I think it's clear he's happy where he's at.
    traylor is a good fit for the UTSA program and i hope he stays for years to come. A&M and UT have too much hubris to seek him out. they both still think that they only deserve the biggest and brightest names. that very same hubris continues to be the downfall of both programs.
    Hope y'all are right. But I fear if Billy Napier brings Florida back, which I kinda think he will over time, blue bloods might be more open to plucking from G5s.

Traylor has a very similar trajectory to Napier. Perennial Top 25 team at ULL (or very close to it), ran the Sunbelt, and was one of those rare coaches that didn't jump at the first P5 offer. IIRC Miss St and others came after him hard and he was patient until Florida came calling.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

#25 in coaches poll and just missed the cut in the AP poll at #26. Not expecting much for the CFP poll since they didn't even have us top 25 last year when we were Top 20 in both other polls.

I have a lot of admiration for UCF since they are basically the blueprint for what UTSA wants to be...but them getting the nod over UTSA for that 25th spot is a reputation thing. They have some bad losses on their resume, imo.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

#25 in coaches poll and just missed the cut in the AP poll at #26. Not expecting much for the CFP poll since they didn't even have us top 25 last year when we were Top 20 in both other polls.

I have a lot of admiration for UCF since they are basically the blueprint for what UTSA wants to be...but them getting the nod over UTSA for that 25th spot is a reputation thing. They have some bad losses on their resume, imo.
    yeah, i thought the loss to navy would have dropped them from the top 25. of course. texas will always find a way back into the top 25 but they do have the head to head against UTSA. i still think that if UTSA wins out they'll get into the AP top 25 as well.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    10-2 regular season, 8-0 in CUSA
    CUSA championship game on Friday

Not the best showing but a good amount of Top 25 teams lost, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll get into the AP Top 25 this week. Letting that HOU game slip away sucks. They'd be sitting at 11-1 and probably in the driver's seat for the NY6 bowl slot which is just crazy to think about, tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    got my tickets for the championship game. UTSA has a depleted roster but they've made it this far. hopefully, it's a good crowd.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    got my tickets for the championship game. UTSA has a depleted roster but they've made it this far. hopefully, it's a good crowd.
    Should be high 30s - low 40s, imo. They opened up the upper deck yesterday I believe. Atmosphere should be similar to last year's le game.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Post Count
    I think UTSA probably belongs in the top 25 of the CFP ranking which would be a nice recognition for them if they end the season at least ranked. I'm sure they'll be happy to leave C-USA since it has a terrible media deal in terms of exposure.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Should be high 30s - low 40s, imo. They opened up the upper deck yesterday I believe. Atmosphere should be similar to last year's le game.

it was a nice turnout. we actually had quite a few UNT fans in our section and they were very spirited. they took a lot of flack but all in good fun.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    7th year

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    7th year

that's crazy when you hear it but he did basically miss his first two years and the COVID year was a wash so in many ways this is like a 4th year. i'm hearing that cardenas is likely returning as well.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    7th year

Is he getting a PhD.?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Great match-up, ty time slot. Going to have to DVR it and catch it after work. Both teame ranked, won their conference le and on 10 game winning streaks.

Thread Information