My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Vaya con Dios, hombre.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That should officially kill the Simmons to the Spurs talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will be missed!
    great memories together with the spurs

hope we make a tribute video for him when he comes back into town with another team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s expected but this feels like bad handling by the management. The team seemed to have acquired all these assets for what seemed to be parts of a trade that’s not materializing, and instead waiving and cutting players and eat up their salaries. Just bad foresights imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s expected but this feels like bad handling by the management. The team seemed to have acquired all these assets for what seemed to be parts of a trade that’s not materializing, and instead waiving and cutting players and eat up their salaries. Just bad foresights imo.
    Par for the course with Brian Wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Forbes signing continues to make no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly were they supposed to have forseen? Aminu was salary as part of a trade that netted the Spurs unexpected assets. What exactly do you want here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That should officially kill the Simmons to the Spurs talk.
    yep, rip

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing they took Aminu on the chance of a Simmons trade, thinking Philly would blink before that October 1st payday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Par for the course with Brian Wrong.
    You can’t help yourself......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to KBD. Beat out three higher paid players to make the team. Pretty impressive, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly were they supposed to have forseen? Aminu was salary as part of a trade that netted the Spurs unexpected assets. What exactly do you want here?

Somehow. Idiots on here must have thought al farouq aminu could net them ben Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it! Dude is garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow. Idiots on here must have thought al farouq aminu could net them ben Simmons.
    😂🤣 luka and Amineww in trade scenarios

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no trade that didn't materialize. Nobody wanted this bum or most of what we got outside white or murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's completely inexplicable. Aminu had nothing to do with Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've speculated plenty of the Simmons rumors but lol at anyone thinking Aminu was a piece that Morey wanted in return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu was in the DeRozan trade because he had to be in order to match salaries. The Spurs didn't want him specifically. Him getting waived now is the expected outcome -- and was the plan all along unless his salary was needed in another trade.

As far as a Simmons trade is concerned, yeah Aminu could have been in such a trade if he was needed to match salaries. I don't think anyone thought the Sixers actually wanted Aminu for his basketball playing ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to KBD. Beat out three higher paid players to make the team. Pretty impressive, tbh.
    I didn't even think of that way, but you are absolutely correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In an ideal world, AFA probably makes the team. He looks like he could be emergency depth, and his contract had utility. But they signed Collins, and that basically prevents anything constructive from happening with the front court. People absolutely, positively shouldn't be ing about waiving him though. His salary was almost always going to be dead money anyway. The most likely use for his contract would've been as ballast to take back a worse deal for incentive. That worse deal (DAJ before the Nets traded him or Saric) could've en bered future years, and would've likely been dead money this season anyway. There were other options to get that last spot down, but this was the least painful, and the dead money is fine, especially since the Spurs can't stretch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka had no❤️ And aminu no game ,so really no at all impressive. Spurs def going with the cheaper option ...who was the 3rd again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka had no❤️ And aminu no game ,so really no at all impressive...who was the 3rd again?
    Hutchinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yea no bueno. I have nothing against kbd . Hes fine for what he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade with Chicago required that the Bull send out equal salary. We got two ending contracts, one with a bit of value, and one not, plus a first round pick. That’s about as good as you could expect for a S&T for DeRozan. Any expectations of a further trade of Aminu is your own projection of the situation. As for Hutchison, we got an extra second round pick for eating that $4M deal. Since the 1st second round in draft pick dump last summer was for about that amount, Spurs got market value for renting that space.

Thread Information