Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Isaiah Stewart with more fake tough guy crap, acting like he wants to fight Bron, has him face to face and does nothing until 20 people between them then goes nuts lolololol
    Respectfully disagree, biased as my lens may be. When Stewart got up and got in LeBron’s face, I think he was somewhat in self check and just talking. People got between them pretty quick. Then I have a feeling LeBron said something that set him off. Could have been something as simple as, “you ain’t gon do .” Stewart bulled through multiple guys like tackling dummies to try to get to LeBron like 3-4 different times. He wasn’t getting held down by guys and pretending to try to fight to get free. He actually broke free and ran full tilt towards him, and guys had to tackle him. Like 5+ guys, not just one or two guys. Did not feel fake tough guy at all. But obviously, that’s coming from me as a Pistons fan.

I’ll say this. In his short one season plus NBA career, Stewart has been in several scuffles and physical confrontations, including Joel Embiid and former teammate with no love loss Blake Griffin, among others. Don’t believe it’s an act at all with Stewart. He’ll dance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think it wasn't fake, dude seemed like he totally lost it.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God if only he woulda gotten his hands on LeBron, made him feel his presence

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Respectfully disagree, biased as my lens may be. When Stewart got up and got in LeBron’s face, I think he was somewhat in self check and just talking. People got between them pretty quick. Then I have a feeling LeBron said something that set him off. Could have been something as simple as, “you ain’t gon do .” Stewart bulled through multiple guys like tackling dummies to try to get to LeBron like 3-4 different times. He wasn’t getting held down by guys and pretending to try to fight to get free. He actually broke free and ran full tilt towards him, and guys had to tackle him. Like 5+ guys, not just one or two guys. Did not feel fake tough guy at all. But obviously, that’s coming from me as a Pistons fan.

I’ll say this. In his short one season plus NBA career, Stewart has been in several scuffles and physical confrontations, including Joel Embiid and former teammate with no love loss Blake Griffin, among others. Don’t believe it’s an act at all with Stewart. He’ll dance.
    Don’t think it was fake tough. I think he was not happy with the apology he got from Bron and as the blood continued to flow it started to boil. He absolutely wanted Bron and absolutely wanted to do Bron harm and I seriously doubt Bron has really ever had to defend himself with his hands. That being said the unitentional elbow (Bron has no history of being dirty) drew a lot of blood, imagine if Bron had bad intentions? LeBron probably can’t fight but as a physical specimen I don’t think Stewart beats his ass easy like many have implied on Twitter

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile the Suns team that got shown so much disrespect from Laker fans as if they fluked into winning the conference is on a 12 game win streak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LeBron wanted nothing to do with Stewart. He was well off in the background and made no effort to go back at Stewart. There was certainly a look of concern on LeBron's face that suggested "this dude ain't right. i think he wants to come at me for real."

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Don’t think it was fake tough. I think he was not happy with the apology he got from Bron and as the blood continued to flow it started to boil. He absolutely wanted Bron and absolutely wanted to do Bron harm and I seriously doubt Bron has really ever had to defend himself with his hands. That being said the unitentional elbow (Bron has no history of being dirty) drew a lot of blood, imagine if Bron had bad intentions? LeBron probably can’t fight but as a physical specimen I don’t think Stewart beats his ass easy like many have implied on Twitter
    Has anyone said that LeBron actually apologized in their exchange? Anyone really report an actual apology? That’s a jump in assumption. And something like “I didn’t mean that , calm your ass down” is not an apology imo.

The two are actually pretty much the same size. Stewart listed at 6’8, 250, and he fills out every pound. If he had gotten his hands on LeBron, I do think he would have done some damage. And not because he’s stronger or a better fighter or LeBron can’t fight or was scared. It’s because there was a significant adrenaline difference. Stewart was on some pure rage. LeBron was not in the mindset to fight. That doesn’t mean he was scared or incapable of defending himself. It means one guy is crazy and the other isn’t. That’s why I think it could have been pretty bad. But, enough people were there trying to stop it before it went too far even if Isaiah got a hold of him for an instant. Maybe a couple swings or a 5 second choke out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone said that LeBron actually apologized in their exchange? Anyone really report an actual apology? That’s a jump in assumption. And something like “I didn’t mean that , calm your ass down” is not an apology imo.

The two are actually pretty much the same size. Stewart listed at 6’8, 250, and he fills out every pound. If he had gotten his hands on LeBron, I do think he would have done some damage. And not because he’s stronger or a better fighter or LeBron can’t fight or was scared. It’s because there was a significant adrenaline difference. Stewart was on some pure rage. LeBron was not in the mindset to fight. That doesn’t mean he was scared or incapable of defending himself. It means one guy is crazy and the other isn’t. That’s why I think it could have been pretty bad. But, enough people were there trying to stop it before it went too far even if Isaiah got a hold of him for an instant. Maybe a couple swings or a 5 second choke out.
    stewart was straight up mind out of body; who wants to deal with the kind of crazy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you serious?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    he clearly was trying to get stewart off of him and swung his arm, which happens pretty much every time there is a boxout situation where someone feels the contact got excessive. doesnt mean he tried to hit his face and bloody him. seemed more like a "get off me" type reaction and unfortunately caught his face

bron should definitely be suspended. its hard to see that result being remotely intentional, but idk

as for stewarts reaction, i wasnt meaning he himself is a fake tough guy, i simply meant he continued the "fake tough guy" trend of not doing jack until 15 guys are between the two players at odds with each other

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people out here saying this was unintentional

https://streamable.com/66oij7

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    There’s a distinction between intending the swing/punch and intending the result. There’s no doubt that LeBron intended the swing/punch. He likely didn’t intend to crack his eye open, but the swing/punch was still intentional. I can trip my brother as a practical joke to humiliate him. It’s intentional. When he falls on his face and breaks his nose, I didn’t intend for that to happen. The trip is still intentional.

As I indicated above, when Stewart got up, I don’t believe he was about to throw hands at LeBron. Once he got in LeBron’s face, people were already separating them and getting in between. And then something was either said or done that set Stewart off. That’s not a tough guy act to me. Something simply triggered him at some point.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Does neo ever take lebron's nutsack out of his mouth tbh? holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Does neo ever take lebron's nutsack out of his mouth tbh? holy
    I literally said he intentionally swung his arm and should be suspended I just don't think he tried to bust his face open

and LOL of all people to talk, you literally only post on ST either to whine about Bron or to cry about the modern nba and find some ridiculous way to blame Bron for it the lack of self awareness Bron in your head rent free

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beijing Bron is a got... wish that commie was in the helicoper tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course Laker fans think it was unintentional. They would also swear that every single instance in the vid above was equally unintentional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course Laker fans think it was unintentional. They would also swear that every single instance in the vid above was equally unintentional.
    #1 made player of all time?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    There’s a distinction between intending the swing/punch and intending the result. There’s no doubt that LeBron intended the swing/punch. He likely didn’t intend to crack his eye open, but the swing/punch was still intentional. I can trip my brother as a practical joke to humiliate him. It’s intentional. When he falls on his face and breaks his nose, I didn’t intend for that to happen. The trip is still intentional.
    never said otherwise, i actually 100% agreed with you, so...

As I indicated above, when Stewart got up, I don’t believe he was about to throw hands at LeBron. Once he got in LeBron’s face, people were already separating them and getting in between. And then something was either said or done that set Stewart off. That’s not a tough guy act to me. Something simply triggered him at some point.
    very possible. then again, you could say the same about nearly every one of these situations that come up and the seeming desire to fight comes after the two parties are separated by a sea of people, yet many are quick to label all those other situations as "fake tough guy" acts.

i dont know a thing about stewart, but since hes a player on your favorite team that you follow closely, i believe what you say about the guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 made player of all time?
    Wouldn't argue against that claim, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Reporting is a strong word. I heard unverified reports he said sorry. But either way the way he reached out and his facial expressions showed regret maybe it was for getting caught but again no history of violence with Bron.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Reporting is a strong word. I heard unverified reports he said sorry. But either way the way he reached out and his facial expressions showed regret maybe it was for getting caught but again no history of violence with Bron.
    seems to be more reports of him attempting to apologize and even trying to reach out to him after the game to apologize, as opposed to him saying something completely out of line and worthy of such a reaction tbqhfwiwimhoiirc

but perhaps more will be revealed in the coming days

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    seems to be more reports of him attempting to apologize and even trying to reach out to him after the game to apologize, as opposed to him saying something completely out of line and worthy of such a reaction tbqhfwiwimhoiirc

but perhaps more will be revealed in the coming days
    Exactly

As for Jam I agree wholeheartedly that rage can be an advantage but disagree it would take much for Bron or anyone adrenaline to match it. All humans have fight or flight in their DNA and I’m pretty sure as a near Billionaire Bron would have preferred flight but if cornered by that dude in rage pretty sure adrenaline would not have been lacking. My understanding is Stewart has been trained as a boxer in his past life so my money on him … except he cuts easy so if it’ goes to the scorecards I’ll take Bron he has the Vegas judges on lock. To win Stewart gotta get a knockout early …

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can be noted that Stewart was giving a far above average shove on LeBron and with his tweaked ankle wonder if that inspired a jerk reaction.

Regardless, this is on Lebron 95%. Stern Jr per the par gives 1 to the pet instigator and 2 to the attacked.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I’ve read reports of LeBron trying to get Stewart’s number AFTER the game to apologize. I haven’t heard or read any reports that in the moment LeBron was trying to apologize when Stewart went crazy. That’s what I suggested was jumping to a conclusion. The closest thing I’ve read was a tweet by some guy laughing at the Lakers broadcast saying “LeBron draws blood on Isaiah Stewart, and checks on him to apologize... yada yada yada... and Stewart goes crazy.” That’s not a report. That’s a TV broadcast guy guessing what was being said and done.

What was said in the heat of that instance is what I’m wondering about. LeBron didn’t appear angry or upset, but I wouldn’t say his body language was exactly apologetic either. It would be nice to know what was said right as the two were face to face and right before Stewart went crazy. I can’t say with any certainty that LeBron was not apologizing. I just don’t think you can likewise assume he was. Because something definitely set Stewart off.

Thread Information